Big Brother Alumni On Social Media

There is an interesting blog post on Little Lessa blog on how the Big Brother Housemates are communicating with fans and each other on the social media.

I don’t agree with everything but different people have different senses of humour. She buckets Xavier’s twitter interaction, sure he has some misfires but some of his jokes are quite funny.

And to be honest I prefer is bad jokes to the selfies the Big Brother alumni are flooding instagram with and yes I am looking at you Jade and Ed.

Thanks Bron for sending the link in.

1 brain dead dave { 11.21.13 at 1:31 pm }

I had to give Leesa’s blog the flick . Just too much in the way of promoting hysteria over hare brained vote rigging conspiracy theories. The bias against Tahan said plenty.

2 Heidi { 11.21.13 at 1:41 pm }

She actually never once said that the votes were rigged. She instead pointed out how advantageous it was for Tahan. I admit that she obviously doesn’t like Tahan, but she’s not alone on that one.

I can see how you misunderstood, you are “brain dead Dave” after all

3 Doris { 11.21.13 at 2:16 pm }

I’m a dyed-in-the wool RR addict. I haven’t seen another blog that comes close to it.

If you ask me BDD is always pretty spot on.

4 Heidi { 11.21.13 at 4:16 pm }

Good for you Doris. If mr Brain Dead can provide one quote from that site wherein they have said that the votes are rigged, I’ll not only eat my words but I’ll apoligize. Unfortunately for him, he won’t be able to.

Personally, I’m a fan of both this and that site. Not sure why it has to be one or the other.

5 Fiona { 11.21.13 at 6:01 pm }

That blogger had never actually said that the voting was rigged but she did write countless posts about how Tahan had an unfair advantage. She basically insinuated that BB was looking the other way because her BF is a race car driver and has a large number of twitter followers which he used to promote her through out BB. Absolutely nothing wrong with that IMHO.

What I find so funny about her blog is that at first she started it out with a comments section and disable it because she stole information from the Behind Big Brother forums and was getting a few negative comments and even claimed that someone who is a mod on BBB sent her threatening emails ( she is still yet to provide proof to this claim). Once that happened she also wrote a few blogs that included a lot of hate towards the forums.

Her dislike of Xav is stupid and pointless this current blog about the HMs on social media is so biased. She has just put up the worst of his tweets to make her point and the best tweets of her favourite HMs.

This is the BEST REALITY BLOG in Australia. I usually lurk more than I post but RR you analysis of each reality she is spot on. I can’t remember if I have ever come away from reading this blog and felt that you had been biased or mean in a unnecessary way. You encourage discussion and from what I’ve seen don’t deleted or argue with people who disagree with you unlike this Leesa person.

6 brain dead dave { 11.21.13 at 6:19 pm }

No need to “apoligize'(sic)Heidi.

I remember other hysteria being promoted on the Internet by Leesa Little during BB, including this site. She was convinced Tully would be pilloried in the streets by frenzied haters when she emerged from the BB house, but that didn’t happen either

7 Heidi { 11.21.13 at 6:52 pm }

so sorry for the typo ‘Brain Dead’. I must remember to scour my entire post and correct every single mistake before commenting next time. Well done providing the proof. It was obvious that you had nothing, but I would have loved for you to apologise for trying to fool us with your empty accusations.

As for you Fiona, I too followed that saga, both as a member of BBB’s forums and on the blog. She was accused of stealing Tully’s friend’s statement and was forced to provide proof that her friend had also sent it directly to her. After she did so, i watched the forum trolls talk about storming her page with their nasty comments so I’m not surprised if she was forced to turn them off.

As for this place, I will continue to read RR’s insights as I appreciate her info and effort, but will never comment again due to people like you and brain dead. Apparently people can say what they want without any actual knowledge and I am not willing to participate in such slander.

I didn’t realise that the BBB form trolls had infiltrated this website too, so apologies to RR, I will be encouraging people I know to avoid the comment section of this site as I certainly will from this moment onwards.

8 Fiona { 11.21.13 at 7:14 pm }

@Heidi… Leesa is that you?

The incident that I was referring to is not what you had mentioned above. Nice try Leesa

9 brain dead dave { 11.21.13 at 7:20 pm }

The proof’s on the website in question, “Heidi”. Simple.

10 Anonomous { 11.21.13 at 7:22 pm }

Please don’t go Heidi. Everyone has the right to state their opinion. Stand up for what you want to say.

11 Heidi { 11.21.13 at 7:32 pm }

Funny that. That’s exactly what the forum trolls said when I spoke up in the BBB forums. Do I need to prove my identity? Would you like to see my I.D? There you go again making baseless accusations. You’re great at it Fiona! Keep it up!

Thank you anon. I will probably comment on subjects other than Big Brother if I do. Like many others, I left the BBB forum because of these trolls and it’s very unfortunate to see them having infiltrated this space too. I will definitely not be returning to read these people’s responses. They’re not worth the energy. Thank you again.

12 Fiona { 11.21.13 at 7:36 pm }

@Heidi well you said you won’t be returning to read my response so it might be pointless to ask this but I will anyway, perhaps you could post a link to a post you made on BBB when you spoke up against “The Trolls” because from my recollection you could only be one of two people.

13 brain dead dave { 11.21.13 at 7:36 pm }

There’s no proof whatsoever that BBB trolls have infiltrated this website. You’re the first and only person to ever suggest it,btw. I wonder why?

Shows you are big on slander and baseless accusations yourself.

You weren’t coming back to comment then, but that was always going to be bs. So your word’s not worth a cracker.

14 Fiona { 11.21.13 at 7:43 pm }

HAHA @BDD

The people on BBB are not trolls….. for the most part.

15 Iron Butterfly { 11.21.13 at 8:42 pm }

The first swipe was @2. Why do people always think it’d open season on others and then grizzle when it doesn’t get well recieved?

16 Iron Butterfly { 11.21.13 at 9:03 pm }

I agree withFiona. I have looked around and can’t find anything that comes close to RR. Kudos to Emma.

17 Reality Raver { 11.21.13 at 9:15 pm }

Thanks for the nice comments about the blog. I have been a bit slack the last week but am getting back on top of it all now.

18 Iron Butterfly { 11.21.13 at 9:30 pm }

It’s true Emma. Thanks to you, and also thanks to some great and funny commenters.
Eg BDD
DR T
LW
CALORIE
GEORGIE
ALL HAPPENING AND MANY, MANY MORE.

19 RoseyRuby { 11.22.13 at 12:48 pm }

Hahaha – Heidi needs to chill the fuck out !

20 stardust { 11.22.13 at 2:04 pm }

LOL Rosey. I love chilling out.

Nice day for it too.

21 Rose { 11.22.13 at 2:09 pm }

Bdd- “give it the flick” means… Don’t like? Ignore?

I’ve read this expression a few times but I’m not clear what it means.

Also, I asked on an older post- what season is worth watching? It’s coming on winter here and I need something to watch that will be sunny and warm. Thanks!

22 Fiona { 11.22.13 at 3:26 pm }

@Rose Have you seen the 2012 season yet? If not perhaps start there and work your way back to the start. My favourite season of BBAU are 3, 4, 5 but those season are very different to the one that was just on.

23 brain dead dave { 11.22.13 at 4:10 pm }

Give it the flick~ to reject ,bypass ,give up on etc. What Lou Reed did to convention.

24 mittens { 11.22.13 at 6:28 pm }

Rose, it’s what Tim did to the girls he didn’t want; gave them the flick.

25 Calorie Loader { 11.23.13 at 12:15 am }

Interview with Tully on ‘not being that gay’ which includes another classic pose (I think her hand might be super glued her waist…nice one Tim!!!)
My favourite quote: “If the show’s taught me nothing, it’s taught me that sometimes it’s just not that black and white. And sometimes things are grey.”
Also Tully moving to Melbourne is clearly out of the question as there are “no plans yet” for Drew to move from Melbourne to Sydney. Still got im by the balls

26 brain dead dave { 11.23.13 at 10:30 am }

I did see Ed in his capacity as player manager in some footage from the AFL draft this week. What a thrill that was for me.