The Bachelor Australia – Tops The Ratings And Anna Reckons They Are Together

TEN finally has something to smile about getting the top rated show on television last night with The Bachelor Australia final.

At the beginning of the series with its not so great ratings people were dubbing it a one season only show. However it was getting lots of views on line and in the last four weeks had been greatly increasing in ratings. Also there has been a lot of chatter in the social media. Last night it culminated in peaking at 1.74 million viewers at the time the final decision was announced with Tim telling Anna he loved her.

Tim has been saying how he could not wait to be out with “his girl” and Anna is in the Daily Telegraph today saying they are “100 percent together”. Apparently they have been texting and talking each day.

Maybe I need to stop being so cynical and believe in true love. However I could not help wonder that this morning she put a still from of her and Tim on her instagram page and it was was from their time on the show. I would have thought after being apart for so many weeks and both living in Sydney that they would have hooked up at some stage last night to either the watch the finale together or celebrate afterwards.  A picture on  instagram of the lovebirds on the couch together or having a coffee together this morning would have confirmed the pair are still in a relationship. Just saying.

Instead we got this from the episode in Broome.

Screen shot 2013-11-21 at 10.20.25 AM

UPDATE:

Tim tweeted last night this pic so maybe they did hook up after the show.

Screen shot 2013-11-21 at 12.05.00 PM

Also here is a great interview with Tim on Pop Sugar. Maybe they will walk down the aisle.

1 ABC { 11.21.13 at 10:46 am }

RR include me in your lists of cynics.
IDK I mean Anna is gorgeous, apparently from a well connected family and above all a very smart woman with a good career as a lawyer. I don’t see her relationship with Tim going very far especially with his very dubious past. And TBH I don’t really see why it should Tim is punching way above his weight there (if they really are together).

I wonder how any of the girls would enjoybeing with the very handsome but dull Tim outside the glamourous life at the set?

2 ABC { 11.21.13 at 10:57 am }

Also read this comment on Sudney Morning Herald and thought it was funny

I’m waiting for “The Bachelor: Homeless Edition”, where a lineup of professional beauties line up to win the affection of a man living out of a dumpster. Now THAT would be ratings gold. Of course, they find out he was homeless at the END.

Let’s see if love is all its cracked up to be, hahahaha!

3 daisy { 11.21.13 at 11:42 am }

abc is that you all grown up@2?

4 mittens { 11.21.13 at 11:44 am }

Does anyone else find Anna’s chronic coyness and constant head duckingand turning away and hiding under her hair annoying? It’s just too much for me.

5 Izobel2 { 11.21.13 at 12:08 pm }

I found her pursed lips weird Mittens!

6 Izobel2 { 11.21.13 at 12:09 pm }

Very happy it did well in the ratings!

7 Calorie Loader { 11.21.13 at 2:00 pm }

And the list grows…you can add me as well.

Mittens #4 , yeah, I couldn’t help wondering if it was part of a display to appear vulnerable, and dodge question time…or trick Tim into thinking she was ‘letting him in’ by giving small morsels of info while remaining alluring. Of course for the ‘main prize’ one had to divulge all.

For the things she loves about Tim-quite generic cards right? That could almost apply to anyone-nothing uniquely Tim there was there?

Also, and I’m a major cynic, so I could be completely wrong, but does anyone else think that the, “I’ve never had a boyfriend” mould fits nicely into a more interesting back story and plot for the Bachelor. It’s not impossible with that father or having been busy doing a law degree, but I’m not completely sold. As Anna’s Dad was cynical about Tim’s reasons for being on the bach in terms of finding a girl, a girl that looks like Anna and is smart and warm could not possibly have had trouble attracting guys. She has spoken about other guys, but kept to the line of not having a boyfriend. Just ’cause she hasn’t taken him home, doesn’t mean he’s not your boyfriend.

8 Littlepetal { 11.21.13 at 2:30 pm }

Count me in in the lust of cynic. Agree with Calorie Loader that doesn’t mean she has no boyfriends just because she hasn’t taken them home.

Also find it funny that Tim was very please that Anna introduced him to her family. Tim forgot that Anna has no choice as the final 3 have to introduce Tim to their families.

9 Bolders { 11.21.13 at 2:47 pm }

What’s with all the spray tanned skin on these shows?

Is being an actress and spray tanned the criteria for being on the bachelor?

There must have been some funky fumes in that house during the day.

10 mittens { 11.21.13 at 2:54 pm }

Littlepetal, @8, did you mean to say lust or was it a telling slip of the tongue. Hmmmmmmm.

11 Littlepetal { 11.21.13 at 3:00 pm }

Oops!!! mittens. I meant to say list O:-)

Oh dear.

12 Izobel2 { 11.21.13 at 3:18 pm }

Ha! I thought you meant lust!

13 mittens { 11.21.13 at 3:49 pm }

Hidden lust don’t you think Izobel?

14 Izobel2 { 11.21.13 at 4:14 pm }

Absolutely.

15 Georgie { 11.21.13 at 5:09 pm }

Of course there was no competition for ratings this week. I just hope Ch10 programmers get the message – not to set shows up to fail. They seem to be good at that.

16 mittens { 11.21.13 at 5:11 pm }

Georgie, do you like the idea of Rochelle modelling a lip bra?

17 Georgie { 11.21.13 at 5:36 pm }

Mittens, I like to see her trying to recite ‘Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers…

18 mittens { 11.21.13 at 5:47 pm }

What about Betty Boop banged Beetle Bailey in a barn.

19 Sandii { 11.21.13 at 7:31 pm }

What about ” round the rocks the rugged rascal ran”

20 Kebong { 11.22.13 at 1:29 am }

TBH Tim is steaming hot and has a sincere looking face . Wish him and Anna a beautiful future together

21 Yasmin { 11.22.13 at 3:04 am }

I love this poll. Which relationship will last the longest?
Maybe it should say, “Which relationship will get off the ground?”

22 Lenia { 11.22.13 at 8:23 am }

Penny for Bachelorette! I want to be her best friend, what a great personality and smarts she has! Go Penny……

23 Georgie { 11.22.13 at 8:44 am }

Jolene for bachelorette – it would be hilarious watching all the bachelors trying NOT to win.

24 mittens { 11.22.13 at 10:13 am }

Penny was way to creepy and in your face. She made Ali look shy and retiring.

25 brain dead dave { 11.22.13 at 10:20 am }

Great to see Penny make some benefits from her care for an animal. She’s too good for The Snatchelor.

Gutsy Rochelle dished it out about Tim’s sincerity and he sat there like a stunned mullet.

Not much eye contact from Ali to Tim.

26 Georgie { 11.22.13 at 10:29 am }

Does anyone know if ‘After the Rose’ is being encored?

27 brain dead dave { 11.22.13 at 10:42 am }

It’s not listed in the usual time slots for an encore, Georgie. I found it the “special” extremely flat.

28 mittens { 11.22.13 at 11:02 am }

Was after the rose on last night? I was away and missed it.

29 Georgie { 11.22.13 at 11:09 am }

Thanks bdd, I won’t stress too much about missing it then. :-)

Yes mittens it was.

30 brain dead dave { 11.22.13 at 11:29 am }

The few highlights for me were Penny having the last laugh about the epileptic cat and the Rochelle report card on Tim’s behaviour in the final days.

It rated quite well, compared to what it was up against.

I missed Beauty And The Geek is my loss.

31 Izobel2 { 11.22.13 at 12:39 pm }

Beauty and the Geek was a lot of fun again BDD & Georgie.
The questions that the beauties made the geeks ask on their blind dates were both cringe worthy and hilarious at the same time!

32 Izobel2 { 11.22.13 at 12:39 pm }

And I found out on the weekend that Ali was dating a Bonds Undies good looking dude.

33 Georgie { 11.22.13 at 12:48 pm }

I was out last night Izobel so only saw the last half of B&G, then got a phone call in the middle of that. What I did see was hilarious though, with the gels having to eat some pretty disgusting creatures. Kassi throwing up told the tale.

34 Izobel2 { 11.22.13 at 1:01 pm }

You’ll have to watch it on Catchup Georgie. The dates were crazy! One geek (Brett) was told in his earpiece to ‘hug his date for 30 seconds’ – seriously after about 4 seconds that was enough, but to make it last 30 seconds was just too funny!

35 calorie loader { 11.22.13 at 1:59 pm }

That hug was good Izobel. What about the blonde guy saying sex was normally all he could think abour on dates and then creeped his date out with an on the mouth kiss. I think app guy had it easiest. The historian was the most cringeworthy,asking about pregnancy about 5 times.

Sad to see kasi go as she came up with some of the best one-liners. Last night on her not having an I.terest in history, “that’s the past and we live in the future.” And Erin on being asked if she could give an eg of a dictatorship-obama. She seemed very hateful towards kasi in the final quiz.

36 Culinary Boner { 11.22.13 at 2:08 pm }

Proof that in the pursuit of romance, the pen is indeed mightier than the peen* – http://nypost.com/2013/11/21/charles-manson-and-gal-pal-plan-to-tie-the-knot/

And that there’s someone out there for everyone: even if you’re an aged, incarcerated, deranged, psychopathic killer with a swastika branded on ya forehead.

* From the Telegraph today: ” “Star,” who moved to Corcoran, California to be close to Manson after reading his environmental writing when she was 19… recently cut an “X” in her forehead, and says she and Manson would be married by now if California still allowed conjugal visits for “lifers”.”

37 Calorie Loader { 11.22.13 at 2:10 pm }

Sorry to hear you missed B&G BDD, was looking forward to your comments. I’m not sure if they do an encore-couldn’t see it in the guide (not that it is ever accurate).

I also enjoyed when Nathan had to cry on his date and kept poking his eye to help the tears come, making up something about the fish he was eating reminding him of when his Dad would take him fishing, etc.

Favourite beauties are the Lara Bingle look-alike, Kasi and the girl who left last week (again). A lot of the other beauties seem like they’re faking it.

Haven’t watched all of the final rose, but I was impressed with Rochelle’s questions, and not backing down to make it easy for Tim. She did not hide her disgust, and when he said the time we shared will always be special, blah, blah she gave a dismissive, ‘mmm…don’t touch me’ response.

38 mittens { 11.22.13 at 2:15 pm }

CB@36 I saw something about the Bonnie and Clyde syndrome this week on TV. It’s where women are attracted to bad boys.

I think I had it when I got married. It’s why I still keep having to pick up socks and undies.

39 Izobel2 { 11.22.13 at 2:36 pm }

Yes Calorie Loader they were all funny weren’t they! Pregnant, sex, the crying one. A good laugh after a hard day.
I still like Zac the most. I like Erin too, and Nathan.

40 Calorie Loader { 11.22.13 at 3:17 pm }

I swore I wasn’t going to watch B&G anymore due to it becoming contrived but you guys had me in fits a couple of weeks ago talking about it and some of it is genuine. Like you say Izobel2, good light entertainment, good for a laugh. Can’t believe the final is next week with 5 left? Thought they would whittle it down to 3 couples at least. Guess funds are running low footing the bill in Fiji with all that imported bottled water, etc

P.S Did you see Zac making a ‘tea’ last night with cold bottled water…ugh (thought it was safe if boiled), and the way he threw those spoons into the sink from about a meter away…he’s an interesting one.

41 Culinary Boner { 11.22.13 at 3:19 pm }

I see mittens@38. Funny but I have a similar situation.
Mrs Boner has been known to leave her worn knickers for days on the bathroom floor, with me finally cracking and escorting them at arms length to the laundry. I’ve even considered whether I could generate a new income stream for the boner household by selling the offending items on EBay, but decided that I don’t want the risk to public health on my conscience.

42 Littlepetal { 11.22.13 at 5:36 pm }
43 mittens { 11.22.13 at 6:33 pm }

CB, hubby likes recieving gifts in the post so I could get offending laundry and post them to him 😉

Now I have roomba. If he had really been trained for Iraq he would blow up offending undies.

44 Georgie { 11.22.13 at 7:55 pm }

Littlepetal #42 – thanks for the link, that’s an interesting read.

Makes you think about a whole lot of implications that would come from this kind of show, that you might not consider from the comfort of your lounge room. Not to mention those that contestants should consider before signing up. It’s not just a bit of lighthearted fun for the ones at the pointy end if the competition.

As for the bachelor himself? Well what’s a guy supposed to do other than follow the producers orders.

45 Ali { 11.23.13 at 2:50 pm }

Littlepetal @42 – I second that, thanks for link to the article.

Unfortunately for Rochelle, being rejected wasn’t just water off her duck lips, I mean a duck’s back.