Masterchef Australia – Emma Dean’s Cookbook Out 1st December

Emma Dean cook bookThis year’s Masterchef Australia winner Emma Dean has her cookbook out on Sunday 1 December. The book called A Home-grown Table – Food To Eat With Family And Friends release is timed for the Christmas buying frenzy.

The blurb about the book from Booktopia where you can pre-order for $35.95 says:

Emma Dean, winner of the 2013 MasterChef, is on her way to becoming a household name. Growing up on a hobby farm, her love of everything fresh and seasonal began at an early age. This is reflected in her first collection of recipes, with a farm-to-table approach to food and her earthy style, using food grown or foraged to create wonderful recipes you’ll love to share. A Homegrown Table covers a range of meals for every time of day. With over 80 nourishing recipes, Emma combines the familiar with the unusual, showcasing different cuts of meat, heirloom vegetables and wild greens.

If you are keen to buy it check out Big W they normally have the cheapest prices in these type of books.

1 brain dead dave { 11.29.13 at 11:48 am }

I’m right for toilet paper at the moment , thanks.

2 Danielle { 11.29.13 at 12:00 pm }

I actually saw it for sale at a local book store. It looks better than Andy’s who only included ghost written recipes, recipes from Masterchef and recipes from Ben and Kylie.

Sure most of the recipes might be from her boyfriend but at least they look good and simple.

3 Dr T { 11.29.13 at 12:04 pm }
4 Georgie { 11.29.13 at 12:07 pm }

They might be able to move a few (pun intended), by giving a copy away with every pack of recycled bog rolls. “Recyclable khazi reading material.”

5 Culinary Boner { 11.29.13 at 2:34 pm }

Cletus and Brandine are champing at the bit to get a-cookin’ from A Homegrown Table – http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/22shortfilmsaboutspringfield5_thumb.png?w=512&h=384

6 Joseph Skyrim { 11.29.13 at 2:39 pm }

LOL you guys crack me up! When does the next MC season start? 😀

7 Littlepetal { 11.29.13 at 5:18 pm }

The earlier MC winners take about a year to come out with their cookbook. Now it only take a few months. This will be reflected in the quality of the cookbook.

Wonder how many copies will be sold?

8 brain dead dave { 11.29.13 at 6:18 pm }

How many will be returned or re-wrapped?

I don’t imagine elves packing many of these.

9 Calorie Loader { 11.29.13 at 6:19 pm }

the rooster looks nervous…

and the salad on the left looks like Emma’s contribution to the task at the Josie Bones restaurant (untouched by the stooges of course…they were hanging out for the singed trotters).

10 butterbuns { 11.29.13 at 7:29 pm }

Yes CL. Emma is on her way to the shed to chop his little chooky head off for some chicken and chips.

Showing a happy cow on a barbeque book might be next.

11 Calorie Loader { 11.29.13 at 10:02 pm }

buck buck bgeeeerk!!

Home Grown and Slaughtered

At least MC has never tip-toed around where their produce comes from. Paddock to Plate comes to mind. It doesn’t get much fresher than that.

12 Dr T { 11.29.13 at 10:17 pm }

I’m sorry CL – John Safran (masterchef) is the original and the best when it comes to where your produce comes from

(repost – not for the weak of stomach or faint or heart)

13 Dr T { 11.29.13 at 10:21 pm }

Also – would agree that MC doesn’t tiptop about the origins of its produce – but here at RR we love the way the contestants have to “respect” the produce by hacking into unrecognisable portions

14 butterbuns { 11.29.13 at 10:23 pm }

I didn’t make it to the end Dr T.

Now butterbuns without beefpatties.

15 Calorie Loader { 11.29.13 at 10:57 pm }

Haven’t actually seen Paddock to Plate, so I’ll take your word for it Dr T, I was mainly referring to the freshness factor in terms of the chook Emma was holding 😛

Good call on ‘respecting’ the produce. I was going to mention their lack of concern at food wastage, after hacking through several animals to produce one or two incy wincy cheffy cylinders for their ‘pretty as a picture’ dishes. If by pretty you mean all the blood stains from underdone, sacrificed animals.

16 Dr T { 11.30.13 at 12:02 am }

CL – you remember the hack fest that was allegedly seafood prep on the 1/2 arsed boot camp? The one where that cocky bastard couldn’t fillet a fish, and the after they’d lost Nikki, the guy would could fillet a fish… he came up to check the knives and just… ya know… filleted a fish

Ou est Clarissa? Elle est morte?

17 Calorie Loader { 11.30.13 at 4:11 am }

Yeah Dr T, I remember 😛 The bloody Umami brothers. The camp where all the guys had their balls served to them on a platter and were given a doggy bag and sent packing. The one where Clarissa almost had Nolene shove her head in the oven along with her sweetbreads and serve her head on a stake when she began and continued singing. I think the steam coming from her ears cooked that roast alone.

Watching those excellent knife skills with probably the sharpest and most efficient blades available should have been the point I realised this was going to be a disastrous series and cut my losses. Sadly I continued to watch the train wreck right up until finale. I think I died a bit when RR revealed the total hrs I’d wasted this year on MC alone.

18 Buttercake { 12.01.13 at 4:21 pm }

Littlepetal, I am in the Indian restaurant, going for a chicken korma.

19 Littlepetal { 12.01.13 at 8:25 pm }

Did you enjoy your lunch, Buttercake?

20 Buttercake { 12.01.13 at 11:07 pm }

Yum, yes thankyou, littlepetal. It was a kicheny sort of Indian restaurant. I reckon they’re the best.
Then we had tea on the jetty at Hillary’s boat harbour.

21 Curious { 12.06.13 at 10:27 pm }

Why would I need an entire book to tell me how to fry and egg and spread salad leaves over it and maybe serve it with raw tuna? Seriously!