ARIA Awards On Tonight – Reality Stars Are Nominated And Performing

The annual ARIA awards on being held in Sydney tonight and GO will be televising it from 7.30pm.

In year’s gone past the reality stars were not seen as quite as worthy to be there but times have changed and there does not appear to be the cultural cringe anymore. Jessica Mauboy will be perfoming live in a line up which includes Alicia Keys. Samantha Jade and Connie from Sneaky Sound System.

Guy Sebastian is nominated for five awards including Album of the Year for Armageddon, Best Male, Best Pop Release and Song of The Year. A SMH article thinks that it is Guy Sebastian’s year to win as well as Jessica Mauboy having a shot at the Best Female.

What we do know is he won’t be walking the red carpet looking like this.

Idol walking the red carpetPhoto courtesy of Pedestrian TV attached to a very funny article about worse dressed ARIA looks, funny there are quite a few reality stars in there. Thanks to Dr T for sending it through.

Reality TV nominees do better in the public voting categories then in peer voted categories. Funny that.

Keith Urban and Matt Corby are also nominated for Best Male and Best Live Act.

Song of the Year is full of reality stars including Guy Sebastian, Samantha Jade, Matt Corby, Justice Crew and Timomatic.

I will be interviewing on the black carpet this afternoon trying to wrangle some of these reality stars and the good news is a friend of mine who is a photographer is coming with me so I might get some good shots not my shitty iphone ones.

Oh and the group being inducted into the Hall of Fame this is evening is Air Supply!

1 Fiona { 12.01.13 at 11:20 am }

Hey RR I hope that you have fun and get a lot of interesting interview and pictures.

2 Reality Raver { 12.01.13 at 12:12 pm }

Fiona – hopefully… red carpet starts at 3.00pm and after that is done I will be coming home to watch Junior Eurovision before the coverage starts on GO at 7.30pm

3 butterbuns { 12.01.13 at 12:19 pm }

RR wear something nice and get onto the best dressed list in the womens’ mag.

4 brain dead dave { 12.01.13 at 2:04 pm }

Guy Sebastain is nominated for five awards? For me , that’s a deal breaker and it’s Great British Bake Off on Gem at 7.30. I want to watch muffins that can be eaten.

Good luck with the black carpet gig, RR. Look forward to the interviews and snaps. Don’t bother interviewing Ed,please..

5 Iron Butterfly { 12.01.13 at 3:10 pm }

Yeah’ snooze on Guy.

6 Iron Butterfly { 12.01.13 at 3:21 pm }

Is this the show that Diana Ruvis (Rubis?) is on?
I thought she was good on the Voice or whatever she was on.

Kyomi and Miss Murphy were two good ones. And I liked Danny’s voice and style when he locks it down to his own dark style.

7 Emily { 12.01.13 at 5:14 pm }

Diana Rouvas (I have the most useless knowledge bank).

I have to watch this.

8 Buttercake { 12.01.13 at 5:34 pm }

Diana Rouvis was on the Voice a couple of seasons ago. Remember the little skinny girl in the orange hot pants suit.
She’s been advertised as being on some music show this week.

9 Georgie { 12.01.13 at 7:11 pm }

Won’t be watching but hope Justice Crew get some well deserved recognition.

Have a good time RR.

10 Carol (without the e) { 12.02.13 at 10:22 am }

Diana Rouvis sang one of the most emotional versions of “I Cant Make You Love Me” that I’ve ever heard. George Michael’s version is my ultimate favourite though.

Oh and I think she’s the girlfriend/wife of a guitarist that works with Damien Leith… as they were both in the audience on one of her performances.

While we are on reality TV singers… Darren Percival was on at the opening ceremony of the Special Olympics here in Newcastle last night. I wasn’t there… but what I saw on TV really has me wanting to see him perform live. I felt like I have missed hearing his voice when I heard him.

11 Buttercake { 12.02.13 at 11:09 am }

Oh Carol, I wish I had seen DR. And DP has a great vice too.
Did you see DR do that song on the Voice when she wore the orange hot pants suit. She was fantastic.

12 Carol (without the e) { 12.02.13 at 11:20 am }

Just for you Buttercake… here’s the Diana Rouvas version.

What makes it special was that her coach was Keith Urban and in the rehearsal clip he was urging her to inject the performance with emotion… and that’s what she did so beautifully.

I did see the clip with the orange pants suit and it was amazing!

13 Reality Raver { 12.02.13 at 11:37 am }

Carole (without the e) – here are some of his tour dates http://darrenpercival.com/tour-dates/ not sure if they would suit you at all or keep an eye on his website as I think he tours a lot.

14 Carol (without the e) { 12.02.13 at 11:47 am }

Thanks RR… you know… all of those dates are within driving distance. Me thinks you have just found my Christmas present… :-)

15 Buttercake { 12.02.13 at 11:58 am }

Carol thank you. I can’t view it yet because my tab is too slow where I am atm, but I look fd to seeing it tonight.
PS, how is the other half of my brain 😉

16 Carol (without the e) { 12.02.13 at 12:06 pm }

Frazzled a bit today. Had a big day yesterday with 3 high school friends at an album launch for another friend. I haven’t laughed so much ever… and there was very little alcohol involved. :-)

17 Buttercake { 12.02.13 at 12:18 pm }

I can’t handle my liquor either Carol. Is that what you meant 😉

18 Carol (without the e) { 12.02.13 at 12:45 pm }

Noooo…. what has me frazzled is that I set the alarm on my phone for 7am today… and I woke up, had a big lazy stretch, rolled over to see what time it was and it was NINE AM!!!!!!!

I had flicked the sound off at some point over the weekend and completely forgot to turn it back on!