Celebrity Xmas Come Dine With Me – Simone Callaghan Is An Upper Middle Class Bogan

So Simone Callahan has a top of the range kitchen but she cannot cook. And her palate is the equivalent of a six year old. She says she does not eat cooked vegetables except potato and also thinks you can never have too much cream. How does she stay so thin?

The celebrities of Simone, Steve Price, Myf Warhurst and Anthony Koutsafidis had to cook a Christmas menu for each other.

Simone’s menu was chicken sandwiches for entree, a souvlaki wrap and chocolate ripple dessert she got the recipe off the back of an Arnott’s biscuit packet. Suffice to say the other three were pretty unimpressed.

There was not a lot of chemistry between the four though by the end of the week Myf and Steve Price were starting to have a bit of repartee. Steve Price reveal what a rude person he was. He just whinges he does not have any witty putdowns. Interesting that most of his criticisms occurred when he was alone with the camera.

Also the celebrities were pretty polite about scores even Simone’s footy match meal was given sevens.

However at least she made it all herself unlike Koutas who had his mum over helping cook. I would put that under the cheating category. He/she made gnocchi and for main it was chicken wrapped in prosciutto. Though Simone thought it was bacon. Also the house was not Koutas either which he revealed when he handed over a manky looking pepper packet.

Which means was Simone’s house rented for the show, and Myfs definitely was. It does explain the lack of personal touches to all of them.

Anthony made tiramisu and it was nice and Simone had not had it before. Interesting because I thought KFC had a version of Tiramisu in the ’90’s. For someone that has travelled and stayed in five star hotels her culinary tastes are very unsophisticated. She must have been sharing the baked beans that Shane had sent to India.

Myf made Prawn cocktail but Simone did not eat it as she does not like prawns though she did eat the turkey. Her dining companions were whinging about the time it took her to serve up the main however they were happy with the result. Myf’s downfall was her trifle did not set.

Steve after his moaning about people using packets made his dessert of trifle out of packet jelly (that’s how you get it to set Myf) and a store bought cake. He did do a nice lamb on the rotisserie and his entree was thought to be nice as well.

In the end Steve Price won the $2000 for his charity which is probably less then his appearance fee on the show.

What did you think of the food dished up?

1 Andrea { 12.02.13 at 10:24 am }

I thought the same thing about Simone RR, with her lifestyle of mixing with the rich and famous, I imagined she was used to dining in the best restaurants all over the world, but she does have simple tastes.
Maybe she was putting on a bit of an act unless she has always had a live in cook? Anyway, I wish I knew her secret of staying so slim.

2 Reality Raver { 12.02.13 at 11:24 am }

Andrea – I suspect portions. She did not have a real love of food. Though I did like she had no shame about what she was dishing up next time I have guests might serve up the sangas! Interesting person Simone you can’t dislike her but she is very beige.

3 Littlepetal { 12.02.13 at 12:01 pm }

That could be the reason Warney was on the baked beans. Baked beans tasted better than what Simone whipped up.

4 Culinary Boner { 12.02.13 at 1:17 pm }

Proof that the culinary gap between a food hipster and an upper middle class boganista is not as wide as one would first assume:-

5 Izobel2 { 12.02.13 at 1:25 pm }

Well I got mad watching the episode last night as I thought Steve Price was a knob.
He had nothing nice to say, he wasn’t funny, he didn’t get into the spirit of things by dressing up etc. If I was the other 3 I would’ve been disappointed that I got him as part of my four.

I was hoping Myf (or the others) would pull a My Kitchen Rules and give Steve a ‘1’ and not even worry about judging the food, judge on personality.

And I was shocked about Simone’s palate too, RR.

6 Dr T { 12.02.13 at 2:25 pm }

Don’t have fox – didn’t get to watch. But surprised you didn’t all know that Steve Price was a knob already (whether from Talkback Radio, or the project)
But if you want to see people getting there own back on Steve, tune into this episode of John Safran’s Music Jamboree at about the 8:30 mark.

I would have been rooting for Myf if I’d been able to watch. Will be interesting to see if the new Spicks and Specks line up comes close to what the old one was

7 Culinary Boner { 12.02.13 at 3:55 pm }

They should have saved Price for what would have been a televisual historical event: the first-ever Celebrity Shock Jock Come Dine With Me, Special Misogyny Edition.

Just imagine Alan Jones, Ray Hadley, Steve Price and Kyle Sandilands hoping into chauffeur driven Bentleys to arrive at Andrew Bolt’s place for a slap up meal and out-of-control, ego fest, with port and cigars to finish? And then heading over to Alan’s the next night, followed by Kyle’s, Steve’s and finishing on the final night with bonza barbie at Ray’s.

Bloody hell. It’d rate its tits off.

8 Bazzy { 12.02.13 at 4:00 pm }

Simone Warne came across as a total idiot! I always thought she was a bit dim marrying Shane and hanging around through all his affairs but seriously who knew she had the IQ of a 10 year old! I was in total shock that she served sandwiches for entree and made chocolate ripple cake for dessert. Plus she even struggled to hold a conversation. I also think all that time spent in the sun when she was younger has caught up to her.

9 doilurvekarl { 12.02.13 at 4:07 pm }

CB, they should start at Karl Stephanovic’s place. He’d be hammered by lunch time.

10 Anonymous { 12.02.13 at 4:58 pm }

Don’t diss the chocolate ripple cake, for us non cooks it can be a lifesaver when we need to bring a plate! We of course use double the amount of cream though as the first always curdles!

11 Andrea { 12.02.13 at 6:39 pm }

Anonymous, maybe I will try that choc ripple cake.

12 Sandii { 12.02.13 at 7:21 pm }

Chocolate ripple cake is a classic in our house. Covered with crushed peppermint crisp bars……bogalicious.

13 Culinary Boner { 12.03.13 at 1:14 pm }

Someone who formerly appreciated Simone’s cooking to the max:

14 Gabby { 12.03.13 at 2:57 pm }

Same here Sandii, it’s one of my specialities. We love it. I even make it with Anzacs sometimes when I want to really go all out.
Simone really surprised me, I thought she would be able to string a sentence together, I always thought there wasn’t a lot to the lady but I thought there was a bit more than that.

15 Franklyspeaking { 12.03.13 at 3:02 pm }

On Warnie, I thought Rochelle from the Bachelor looked like Liz Hurley.

16 Reality Raver { 12.03.13 at 4:03 pm }

Regarding Simone’s Chocolate Ripple dessert it is remarkably like the Tiramisu she has never had. Biscuits dunked in liquid held together with lots of cream.

17 Culinary Boner { 12.03.13 at 4:13 pm }

Simone has never had a Tiramisu???
What log was she buried under all these years?

Oh, that’s right, Warnie.