Guy Sebastian And Jessica Mauboy Both Win ARIA’s

Guy Sebastian won two ARIA’s last night the  Best Pop Release and Best Australian Live Act. Jessica Mauboy also won Best Female Artist. Matt Corby who has cut his ties with his Australian Idol past won ARIA Song of the Year for Resolution and Samantha Jade won a ARIA for best video.

One Direction also won Best International Act which indicates the age of the people voting for the public votes at the ARIA’s. Scroll down for the full list of winners.

Here are some reality stars walking the black carpet. Photos courtesy of Selina O’Connor.

Alicia KeysAlicia Keys who knew how to keep her fans happy on the red carpet. She was pretty classy.

Harrison Craig

Harrison Craig winner of The Voice this year.

kyomiKyomi who was a popular contestant on The Voice this year. Unbelieveably she still does not have a record contract.

Nathaniel Willemse

Nathaniel Willemse proving you can still be successful even if you get booted early in The X Factor.

Prinnie

Prinnie Stevens working the black carpet.

Salty Rain

Tommy Franklin Salty rain dude was there. I got an interview will put up tomorrow.

Samantha Jade

Samantha Jade

Since this is about the ARIAs the full list of winners is below:

FLUME
‘FLUME’
Best Male
Best Dance Album
Breakthrough Artist – Release
(Presented by PPCA)
Producer Of The Year

TAME IMPALA
‘LONERISM’
Album Of The Year
Best Group
Best Rock Album
(Presented by Hard Rock Cafe)

GUY SEBASTIAN
‘ARMAGEDDON’
 Best Pop Release
Best Australian Live Act
(Presented By Qantas)
‘Get Along Tour’

NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS
‘ PUSH THE SKY AWAY’
 Best Independent Release
Best Adult Contemporary Album

JESSICA MAUBOY
‘TO THE END OF THE EARTH’
 Best Female Artist

MATT CORBY
‘RESOLUTION’
ARIA Song Of The Year
(Presented by the Today Network)

RUSSELL MORRIS
‘SHARKMOUTH’
 Best Blues and Roots Album

JUSTINE CLARKE
‘A LITTLE DAY OUT WITH JUSTINE CLARKE’
 Best Children’s Album

TOM & ALEX
‘THE BITS WE’RE LEAST ASHAMED OF’
(triple j)
Best Comedy Release

KASEY CHAMBERS AND SHANE NICHOLSON
‘WRECK & RUIN’
 Best Country Album

KARNIVOOL
‘ASYMMETRY’
Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Album

ILLY
‘BRING IT BACK’
Best Urban Album

SAMANTHA JADE
‘FIRESTARTER’
Best Video (Presented by YouTube)
Directed by Christopher Frey

ONE DIRECTION
‘TAKE ME HOME’
Best International Artist

AIR SUPPLY
ARIA Hall Of Fame

MICHAEL GUDINSKI
ARIA Industry Icon Award

1 Buttercake { 12.02.13 at 12:50 am }

This is boring mainstream. I don’t mind Nathaniel’s voice, otherwise it’s ‘Saturday night Live’ with Kerrie Anne Kennerly snoozefest.

2 Buttercake { 12.02.13 at 12:51 am }

Try Verve does First ladies of Jazz.

3 Buttercake { 12.02.13 at 12:52 am }

Try Verve does First ladies of Jazz.

Oh and Kyomi is good.

4 Georgie { 12.02.13 at 9:16 am }

Who says reality shows are a waste of time. Jessica Mauboy and Tahan from BB, are both positive role models for Indigenous women. Go girls.

5 Georgie { 12.02.13 at 9:53 am }

You’ve done a great job with all this RR – I hope you enjoyed yourself too. Will we see any media footage of you working the black carpet and getting up close and personal with the ‘celebrities’?

6 Reality Raver { 12.02.13 at 9:58 am }

I keep myself behind camera Geogie. Though when I was interviewing Ben from BB I had NINE camera in my face. I meant to tape Mornings on 9 but forgot.

7 brain dead dave { 12.02.13 at 11:45 am }

I didn’t see you on the ARIA segment on Mornings just screened,RR.

Don’t they have bouncers to keep types like $alty Rain out?

8 Reality Raver { 12.02.13 at 12:02 pm }

BDD – I got an interview with him just for you… It will be up shortly just want to get a few non-ARIA stories up so you don’t feel bombarded. Also got a great interview with Timomatic and his partner Talia Fowler both really lovely and smart.

9 Catwoman { 12.02.13 at 12:03 pm }

I wonder if Salty Rain actually gets any paid gigs.
Ridiculous.
Just a case of daggy dancing.

10 brain dead dave { 12.02.13 at 12:14 pm }

Poor Missy Higgins “didn’t recognize anyone on the red carpet”. I know just how she feels. I don’t either.

$hit and bugger it.. I can’t watch the $alty interview ‘cos I can’t watch You Tube clips etc. I may have to go to the library to dig $alty’s spiel.

11 brain dead dave { 12.02.13 at 12:32 pm }

Since he’s allegedly a ‘dancer’, I’m asking myself why $alty is being feted at a recording industry function in the first place,unless it ‘s to transmit the flaky “joy” vibes he deals in.