Survivor Blood V Water – Each Week A Different Alliance Occurs

Jeff Probst needs to start enforcing some rules on Survivor last week he let Laura M just about do Tina’s puzzle for her and tonight he let a free fall all lobbying effort occur at tribal council. It is turning into a free for all.

But first Redemption Island. Tina has been having some luck in the challenges in Redemption Island. Unfortunately in real life this week Tina and her family have been struck by tragedy with her son being killed in a car accident.

Last week Laura M helped her with a puzzle when she was way behind which saw Vytas eliminated and tonight Caleb’s card tower collapsed just before the time limit for the building finished. Caleb was eliminated from the game and joined Aras and Vytas on the jury.

Hayden was scrambling tonight as he knew that he was next to go. He told the whole tribe including Tyson, that if they took Tyson to the final three he would be the one to win.

He tried to work on Gervase and Ciara to get them to vote with him and Katie to eliminate Tyson. He was telling Ciara she was number four in the Tyson, Gervase, Monica alliance. Also he told Gervase that he would be number two to Tyson.

Gervase was not swayed but clearly Ciera was. Ciera who has been playing a good game looked like she was in a solid alliance but now she was thinking of flipping. Interestingly if she had not dobbed on Caleb’s and Hayden’s plan to vote Tyson out last week she would not have been in this predicament.

At tribal council things went cray cray with Hayden lobbying Ciera telling her to vote with Katie and him to push it to a rock draw, and Tyson was saying vote with him.

Right before she voted Tyson leaned across and whispered in her ear “stick with me and Monica we can do this”.

In the end Ciera, Katie and Hayden voted for Monica to make it a three all vote. Then Monica and Hayden went head to head in a vote. It remained a tie. At that point Jeff said if they could make a unanimous decision that person would be eliminated. If not Hayden, Monica and Gervase were safe and Katie, Ciera and Katie would have to draw rocks. This is what they did. It was the second time ever in Survivor this has ever occurred.

Katie pulled the white rock and was sent to Redemption Island. The only winner tonight was Hayden who was now safe again for another week.

It was an interesting move particularly if they had knocked Tyson out however Katie as a swing vote once Hayden went could have kept her safe. Ciara has busted her rock solid alliance and Tyson is still there.  However previews for next week indicate that Ciera starts chipping away at Monica who is paranoid. Also surely the person from Redemption Island has to come back into the game soon.

1 Sioux Denim { 12.05.13 at 11:59 pm }

Great episode this week, was definitely thinking that the person to come back into the game will more than likely side with Hayden and Ciera….great scamble on Haydens behalf…really like the guy.

Monica is looking the dark horse too….will be so interesting to see what she decides next week, paranoia will probably get the better of her…

Gervase is really looking like coming second to Tyson if it comes down to that, he really doesnt have anything up his sleeve….

Love it!

2 Fiona { 12.06.13 at 7:02 pm }

That was the best/funniest tribal council I’ve seen in a long while.

So my random thoughts on this episode:

Hayden really managed to get into Cieras head with the “you’re number 4” thing. Rarely does that work on people but my hat is off to him.

Good to know that celeb and Colton are both guys and that is all they have in common.

Ciera should of just burned the clue instead of letting her alliance at the time read it. If she burned the clue nobody would have an idol and most likely her mum would of won at redemption next time so she would be able to control the clue then as well.

It was nice to see Tyson’s emotional side when he was talking about Rachael and not swapping with her would only of been worth it if he makes it to the end and wins.

Rustle feathers LMFAO

Thank god Katie drew the white rock, I’m sorry but she was so boring, her confessional were boring, and she has a monotone voice.

So next week there is 5 people left in the game. Does the person at redemption come back in at final 5 or 4? I hope Laura returns. It looks like now it is Gervase, Tyson and Monica against Hayden and Ciera.

I might be in the minority but I really like Ciera even though she has made a few bad decisions, she is the only female still in the game that I actually am enjoying watching.

3 Techhater { 12.06.13 at 8:04 pm }

Go Tyson Sorry to those who don’t agree with me. But Rupert was my 1st choice and Tyson 2nd. I think he’s playing a brilliant game and hope he wins.

As far as Cierra goes she lost my support last night when she flipped so easily to Hayden’s goading.

Hayden has already won a cool million on BBUS. Does he really need/deserve to win this. My answer is NOOOOO.

4 Fiona { 12.06.13 at 8:09 pm }

@Techhater In BBUSA they only win 500,000 and half of that has to get paid in taxes.

5 Juz { 12.06.13 at 10:23 pm }

Was so relieved when Katie drew the white rock. Will be interesting next week if the RI winner comes back. Laura M deserves a return for the second time this season. If she does, I wonder if she would ally with Monica, Hayden and, of course, Ciera. Loved Tyson’s Julie Bishop death stare at the end. If he’s robbed of the win he definitely deserves fan favourite.

6 mittens { 12.07.13 at 12:10 pm }

That’s the trouble with this game of Connivor TH. You’re supposed to be a Connivor so damned if you do and damned if you don’t. I don’t like Tyson but that’s because he’s conniving like a duck loves water.
I thought Ciera was smart to flick if she was 4th, but was she really 4th? They might have flicked Mon because she has been pretty Amazon, and they might have thought Ciera wouldn’t get as amny votes. Let’s face it, there would be no loyalty from any of them. Eg, look at how Tyson took the clue from Ciera, but hid the idol.

7 Techhater { 12.07.13 at 1:29 pm }

Mittens i was really disappointed last 2 eps poor Monica has had absolutely no screen time whatsoever. So it’s really hard to determine if she really is paranoid or not.

“Damned if you damned if you don’t” That’s the nature of the beast isn’t it. Probably the only place where lying and distrust are the 2
assets you need to actually SURVIVE.

8 mittens { 12.07.13 at 2:46 pm }

Th I have been impressed by Monica. Wish I had her ott arms. I could do anything with those arms.

9 PollyB { 12.07.13 at 6:01 pm }

Am I seeing a pattern in recent seasons? Whoever gives up the immunity idol miraculously finds it again. Survivor is showing what complete BS it has become. I hope Monica or Hayden win.

10 mittens { 12.07.13 at 6:06 pm }

Me too Polly

11 Fiona { 12.07.13 at 7:40 pm }

@PollyB
I think the trick in finding the hidden immunity idol is to be aware of the camera man. For example if you are searching and the camera man leave you after a period of time you have to the realise that you are not even close to where it is located, but if the camera man stay with you they obviously want to get the shot of you finding it and won’t leave or stop filming you if you are close to finding it.
Tyson is playing for his 3rd time and must be aware of this. There is a whole other game the contestants have to play when they are playing survivor and that is with production.

12 Juz { 12.07.13 at 8:32 pm }

Monica is a great physical competitor and I am glad this season the challenges aren’t all skewed towards buff young guy winners. But they never show her taking part in meaningful strategy, so I don’t think she’d win. Tyson is great TV and the jury’s reaction to the rock off was priceless.

13 Techhater { 12.07.13 at 8:40 pm }

Juz Monica has had no airtime for a few weeks now. Could that be a clue she’s got a shot to be the winner.

14 Juz { 12.07.13 at 8:46 pm }

Hi Techhater, you reckon? I guess she hasn’t really offended anyone on the jury, but will they think she fulfilled the “outwit” criteria? If she’s part of a coup next week against Tyson and Gervase it would be smart strategy wise, but I don’t know if she’d actually carry through. She deserves a reward for being married to tactless Brad!

15 Techhater { 12.07.13 at 9:01 pm }

Hey Juz i actually liked Culpepper but even hubby Desi commented on how Monica has had no screen time whatsoever. And he hates reality tv.

I’m just a tad wary as to why she’s not getting any screentime.

I do think Tyson is playing a brilliant game, in the true spirit of ” Outwit, Outplay, Outlast”

Up until the last tribal council ihad high hopes

16 Fiona { 12.07.13 at 9:02 pm }

Hey RR I know how much you love Penner, he was on Survivor Oz this week I’m listening to his interview now you should check it out.

17 Techhater { 12.07.13 at 9:14 pm }

Damn “smart” phone. What i was trying to say was up until last tribal council i had a lot of respect for Cierra. However, the way she flipped so quickly, and stuck to it, if i was on the jury she would definitely NOT get my vote.

18 Techhater { 12.07.13 at 9:18 pm }

Fiona Could you please put up the Penner link for us, thanks.

19 Juz { 12.07.13 at 9:19 pm }

If Ciera was going to flip she should have just done it last week – then she would have got jury credit for a big move and ousting Tyson. In final 3 she could have played the “yeah I suck at challenges but look how many of you I outlasted” card. Now I think she comes across as being a flip flopper.

20 Fiona { 12.07.13 at 9:22 pm }
21 Techhater { 12.07.13 at 9:26 pm }

Juz 100% agree she was totally pathetic at the ladt 2 tribal councils. Definitely didn’t earn any brownie points there.

22 Techhater { 12.09.13 at 11:49 am }

Fiona Thanks heaps for the link. 100% enjoyed it.;-)

23 PollyB { 12.09.13 at 12:29 pm }

Fiona – that’s my point. If the camera crew are hanging around you’d realise you’re close. So production is creating the desired outcome. If not, the camera crew would bugger off and we’d find out who has the idol via interview.