Come Date With Me On ELEVEN Sunday and Monday Nights

Come Date With Me started on ELEVEN last night. It was a long awaited debut for a show that was commissioned for TEN to screen in 2012.

The show is a combination of a dating show and Come Dine With Me. The guy or girl cooks for five girls at a dinner party and then picks one to take on a $1000 date at the end of the week.

To be honest I only watched 10 minutes of the debut episode last night and will give it a more considered look tonight. However what I saw did not rock my socks off.

But what did you think of it?

1 brain dead dave { 12.09.13 at 11:47 am }

This looks a lot more civilized but not as eye opening as the guys going to extremes to avoid a “date” on America’s Hardest Prisons last night.

2 Techhater { 12.09.13 at 11:50 am }

LOL 😛

3 Andrea { 12.09.13 at 1:24 pm }

I liked it RR, it was a combination of The Bachelor and Come Dine With Me.
All the girls vying for the guy’s attention was very much like The Bachelor in my opinion.
Then he gets to pick which one goes each time, the only thing missing was the rose!
At least its something to watch, there isn’t much on at the moment.

4 ExEssex { 12.09.13 at 4:28 pm }

It was terrible. No wonder it had been ‘parked’ by channel 10 for so long. It would be interesting to know what all of the contestants think about it now, two years on

5 Maz { 12.09.13 at 8:03 pm }

I will have to take your word for it BDD. The belly dancing was awkward. Hey girls, in between courses why don’t you slip in this slinky costume so I can watch you gyrate.

None of them seem to know what a frangipani tart was. Flowers indeed.

South African Danielle is good value though.

6 Reality Raver { 12.09.13 at 9:59 pm }

ExEssex – I missed it again tonight…. will have to get it next Sunday night.

Andrea – Not much on but I have a a fairly full recorder of stuff I missed all year.

7 Calorie Loader { 12.09.13 at 11:14 pm }

I wouldn’t worry, RR. Not a great fan of the ‘prize’ or the contestants last night. He eliminated the girl IMHO that was the most sincere, intelligent and least flashy first, so not watching this week.

Might try with you RR again next Sunday with a new bunch. Does anyone know if there are girls playing ‘Bachelorette’ here?

Much preferred the Come Dine With Me series that had individual dates only. Not a fan of the groupies.

If this started on a sister channel, the longevity of the show does not look good.

8 mittens { 12.10.13 at 12:42 am }

I am watching my rec of Come Date atm. I expected not to like it but am enjoying it, especially the interaction between Danielle and the girls who hates everything.

9 Izobel2 { 12.10.13 at 12:44 pm }

I’ve taped 2 eps and will watch them today. I think it’s on Sun, Mon Tues Wed & Thurs nights.
Not much on so I’m happy it’s on anyway. I’m sure I’ll like it, I’m easy pleased.

10 mittens { 12.10.13 at 1:16 pm }

Oh good. You just reminded me to set to rec tonight Izobel.
And Bach Sean, yeah?

11 Izobel2 { 12.10.13 at 2:51 pm }

Oh yeah! Love my Bachelor Sean! Glad Amanda went last week, with her weird wide smile that only came out like the Cheshire Cat when Sean was around. And Tierra, blergh!

12 peacetrain { 12.10.13 at 3:06 pm }

Timely reminder to RR addicts on Dr Philip today. 😉

13 brain dead dave { 12.10.13 at 3:12 pm }

Oh yeah, those parents bonking whenever the internet addicted daughter’s friends are staying over. Classic Dr.Phil today.

I watched US Bachelor last week. Embarrassing Bodies last night.

14 mittens { 12.10.13 at 3:34 pm }

Has anyone seen the make-over on US top model?
One guy looked like Golum afterwards.

Frank is going nuts for this show. He can’t stop commenting.

15 mittens { 12.10.13 at 3:48 pm }

LOL on Dr Phil.

Hubby and I don’t have sex when visitors come….unless they ask.

16 Izobel2 { 12.10.13 at 5:49 pm }

How about yesterday’s Dr Phil… That poor Kyron boy missing for 3 years. Something very sus about the stepmum in that story….
Haven’t seen the makeover US Top Model yet Mittens, might be tonight’s ep. I love the makeover eps. And with bearded dude’s on US NTM this year it’ll be a bit like Beauty and the Geek makeovers!

17 Andrea { 12.10.13 at 7:38 pm }

What channel is the US NTM on?

18 Reality Raver { 12.10.13 at 7:40 pm }

Fox 8 Andrea

19 mittens { 12.11.13 at 2:00 am }

You’ll see what I mean about Golum Izobel.

20 Izobel2 { 12.18.13 at 10:33 pm }

You still watching this Andrea? I’ve watched them all. Harmless fun when there’s not much else on. I like it. Although I don’t see many lasting past the first date!

21 Calorie Loader { 12.18.13 at 11:18 pm }

I’ve been watching this week Izobel2 as I preferred this group to the last. Am enjoying it so far. My pick out of this bunch would prob be Manta? I enjoyed the rollerblading scenes in a cringe worthy kinda way 😛
I do have two eps to catch up on but so far wasn’t keen on the ‘lady killer’ or the muscle man. Both seemed pretty full of themselves. The plumber seemed nice as did the sailor.

Agree, can’t see this creating long term relationships but you never know, sometimes these things lead to the contestants dating other people involved with the show (like the camera crew).

22 Mittens { 12.19.13 at 12:53 am }

I’m recording but haven’t watched yet.
I will get back to you. I saw the bit where they were doing yoga tonight and I loved they way the girl was belly laughing.

It’s probably time for my next ep of US top model too.
I rate them BNTM, then this years US (last years was rubbish), then Aussie top model, then NZ’ top model’. Last years NZ top model was better than this years.
The clothes, the judges, the models, the fashion experts, everything is so daggy in NZ TM.

23 brain dead dave { 12.19.13 at 4:18 pm }

Aren’t poached pears becoming just a little bit passe? I can’t believe Sarah scored Matt so highly.

24 Izobel2 { 12.19.13 at 4:40 pm }

Thanks for all the comments gice!!

I think Sarah isn’t really suited to any of these blokes, maybe the muscle dude. I think they all have the same name apart from Praying “Mantas”… Sarah and Plumber Matthew are definitely not suited.

Calorie Loader I definitely prefer this week to last weeks. And the ‘lady killer’ seems so serious, like Elliot Goblet. I can’t imagine him dating 5000 people and being such a smooth operator.

The voice over dude needs to be funnier like the UK version of Come Dine With Me.
Some of the food looks nice. I thought you’d like the pears BDD, and the ‘deconstructed’ thingo that Mantas made, where he stuffed the base up. I think it was tiramisu??

Mittens, I’m watching NZ Top Model now. It’s like it’s from 1993 or something. Everything is daggy. I’m up to date with the US version. I know exactly who you mean by Golum. His photo wasn’t bad this week, but he is sickly looking with no hair. And the boggle eye Adams Family chick, now that she has red hair, reminds me exactly of the bird from American Pie.. Her voice is identical. This one time, at band camp…

25 Andrea { 12.19.13 at 6:13 pm }

I’m still watching Izobel2, although I’ve missed it here and there, I’ve lost a bit of enthusiasm for it though.
Also watching NZNTM and the British one, I enjoy them both.

26 Calorie Loader { 12.19.13 at 6:56 pm }

Good call on the praying mantas Izobel2! Yeah, I didn’t think the commentator was too bad, but the English def have their piss taking down pat.

He is a self professed ‘lady killer’ which is why no-one’s buyin it.

I was about to watch back to back recordings last night, but I reached saturation point with this guy pretty quickly (DEF no filthy pun intended), and he wasn’t even the main date!!