Survivor China Winner Had An Intervention By Dr Phil

Todd Herzog the winner of Survivor China received an intervention by Dr Phil and is now in rehab for his chronic alcoholism. He admits to drinking two to three bottles of vodka a day!

Reality Blurred has full details of the episode and wonders if it was exploitative or necessary. In my opinion if he is getting 90 days in rehab and it works for him does it matter that it was done in front of the TV cameras? However I do know that a lot of my readers are Dr Phil fans so tell me what you think.

By the looks of Todd in the promo clip above he looks like he is seriously struggling.

1 Fiona { 12.11.13 at 11:29 am }

I’ve seen this episode on YouTube. Has it not aired here in Australia yet?

I don’t watch Dr Phil but even I could tell that this episode was totally exploiting Todd, but it was necessary.

I’m sure that backstage DR Phil could of organized a nurse or a doctor to monitor Todds alcohol intake before the show, but they allowed him to drink as much as he wanted so he could be helped onto stage and being 100% intoxicated. I guess it looked more dramatic on TV.

During this current season of Survivor Todd was scheduled to appear on Survivor Oz for a recap and at the time of the recap he cancelled and then shortly after this Dr Phil promo came out and it all made sense.
Also last season he appeared on Rob Has A Podcast and by the end of the interview he kept on laughing almost uncontrollably, at the time I thought he was smoking weed, but again once I saw this promo it all made sense.

Todd is one of my favourite Survivor Winners, I know he is in rehab at this moment, and I hope he gets better and has a wonderful life.

2 mittens { 12.11.13 at 11:53 am }

I am so shocked. And here was me thinking that all of the voyeurs were necessary and helpful.

I’ll still watch though unless they hold a gun to someone’s head and force them on. It’s a whacky, whacky world. And a lot of people like to air it.

3 brain dead dave { 12.11.13 at 12:26 pm }

Dr .Phil would force feed a diabetic a candy bar if he thought it would make good television.

It’s from the goodness of his heart hat he uses people like Octomum and Lindsay Lohan’s mum to help others everywhere. Y’all help yourselves to the complimentary Vodka and Xanax in the green room before the show,y’all.

Robyn’s plastic surgery bill must be a terrible impost. Dr Phil uses a lot of showtime to flog his book and his son’s new show, too. Times are tough on struggle street.

Dr Phil has been mentioned in a Bob Dylan song, so his immortality is assured.

4 mittens { 12.11.13 at 12:47 pm }

The shows I don’t watch is when Phil schmoozes with the A listers.

If I was a twenty something addict, it would be great if my parents surprised me by bringing Phil and the camera crew into my face to confront me. Not really.

5 Izobel2 { 12.12.13 at 12:33 am }

Did you see Dr Phil plugging Jays new show the other day BDD, it looked like Springer. It was something to do with tests, like pregnancy tests and lie detector tests.. But it didn’t look classy at all. But maybe it will keep Jack Tremarco busy.

I haven’t seen this ep yet RR. Will look for it on YouTube.

Fiona, I’ve taped Dr Phil every day for 8 years, i don’t remember seeing it.

6 brain dead dave { 12.12.13 at 9:53 am }

I did see that, Izobel 2. It looks like Jay’s show uses those verbal lie detector tests we saw on Big Brother Aust years ago. Looked like rubbish.

Shameless self promotion via trumpeting the McGraw family’s various projects, including Robyn’s website.

Dr.Phil got me real good …I bought his dang book,”Life Code”

Yesterday’s expose on internet predators probably saved some lives, though.

7 Fiona { 12.12.13 at 10:08 am }

@Izobel2 I just searched for it on YouTube so I could post it here for you, but I could not find it. So I searched my history and found the YouTube channel that it was posted on, but it has been taken down :(
Sorry it looks like you might have to wait till it is on Aussie TV, unless someone else can find it for you.

8 mittens { 12.12.13 at 10:32 am }

Yes a timely reminder.
Bloody hell. Mittens could be a fat old gnarly toothless hag sitting in a trailer in Nebraska (only I’m not sure where Nebraska is because I have never been to the US. But it sounds like a place where brothers and sisters might marry).

Mum has an internet bf who is a married pastor (yeah right?)
He stays up all night talking to women. She runs barefoot through his cyber hair.
But will she listen to Doc Phil’s warnings? Noooooo.

9 brain dead dave { 12.12.13 at 12:58 pm }

How utterly brave of you, nobody.

10 mittens { 12.12.13 at 1:15 pm }

BTW, that Catfish ep was one of my favs.

Some one must be extreeeeemely envious of you BDD, to devote so much attention to you. It seems they devote their life to you.
And they reckon your fans are devoted. We are.

11 Reality Raver { 12.12.13 at 1:28 pm }

I really must watch Dr Phil one day. I am more a Dr Drew fan!

12 brain dead dave { 12.12.13 at 1:34 pm }

Well watch it tomorrow,RR. It’s always good when Dr Phil rips into the parents and he’ll be interviewing a guy who’s 25 and going out with the just turned 16 daughter. He waited a week after her birthday to consummate.

13 mittens { 12.12.13 at 1:34 pm }

Emma did you try If You Are The One yet?

Listening to Old Fleetwood Albertross. Is that one the one of the best ever list?

14 mittens { 12.12.13 at 1:38 pm }

Albatross. Still snoozing. Lucky me.

BTW RR, Mum’s US pastor bf dropped his Philipino gf so now mum is shortlisted. Number 357 I think.

15 Reality Raver { 12.12.13 at 2:12 pm }

Mittens I hope none of his girlfriends are sending him money. It is not Jim Baker is it?

16 mittens { 12.12.13 at 2:17 pm }

It might be RR, or Swaggart. Are they still in jail.

She better NOT be sending him our inheritance.
I don’t know about the other 357 women, but his wife still works two jobs. It’s like cyber B&B. And Iam poor Hopeless.

17 mittens { 12.12.13 at 2:22 pm }

If the hook-up tee works, RR, she might ditch the married pastor.

On the tees, I thought there might be a huge market for just waiting for telstra to reply.

18 Izobel2 { 12.12.13 at 4:14 pm }

@ Fiona, thanks so much for looking, very nice of you!
We’re a lovely community aren’t we!

@BDD Just saw the poor parents who lost their daughter to an online predator. I hope that episode saves a few lives. That was too sad.
That’s the Dr Phil eps I like best, when he really can make a difference.
I hate to say it but I do quote him, as I’ve said before.

19 Mittens { 12.12.13 at 4:20 pm }

Who hasn’t said, “threw me under the bus”, Izobel?

I quote Phil, but mime JJ.

20 Fiona { 12.12.13 at 5:14 pm }

@Izobel2 Yes it is a great little community, I am not as involved as some, but I try :)

21 Reality Raver { 12.12.13 at 6:05 pm }

BDD what channel and time is Dr Phil on?

mittens – yes have seen IfYou Are The One. Saw the Aussie episodes. Interesting that the only straight men in Sydney are now on a Chinese dating show! I liked the honesty from the contestants. Not sure Australians would be so honest. Alas superficiality is in all cultures the not so good looking guys and girls don’t appear o get as much interest.

22 Izobel2 { 12.12.13 at 6:24 pm }

RR, can’t believe you never come across Dr Phil! No time I guess, with all of your other duties, keeping us up to date and informed on all things reality!
Anyhoo it’s on in SA Mon-Fri from 12pm – 1pm on Channel 10. Has been on weekdays for about 8-9 years I think.

I haven’t seen IYATO for a while Mittens, since they changed the night it was on. And yes RR, they seem very superficial. And brutally honest, like “I want my lady to never work again and must look very pretty and slim and wear dresses all the time”… and then all the chicks turn their lights off and surprise surprise the dude is left standing there all alone!!

23 mittens { 12.12.13 at 8:32 pm }

And some say, I like spoilt girls.