Jamie Durie Splits With Fiancee And It Is All A Bit Murky

It seemed like a reality TV couple that was destined to go the whole way. Jamie Durie and Lisa Christie met on Top Design. He was the host and she was a contestant. She moved herself and her two kids from Brisbane to Sydney to be with him and in March this year he proposed. It was only this year their romantic story was in New Idea.

Lisa now living in Melbourne has now spoken about the break up in this week’s Woman’s Day. Anyone can fall out of love but  quite frankly he should have handled the whole scenario with a bit more maturity.

This is a summary from the Woman’s Day article:

“He came home from America and he was just different all of a sudden she [Lisa] says. “As naive as it may be, I felt it couldn’t possibly be [something wrong with] us or me, because of what we had.”

Assuming it must have been stress from Jamie’s busy work schedule that was responsible for his “different” behaviour, Lisa made every effort to make their home life a happy distraction.

“I left letters just to let him know I was here. I thought even though it’s coming at me, sometimes that happens in relationships – sometimes you’re the one who cops it,” she says of his manner.

Jamie, 43, barely came home and, when he did, he was in a terrible mood, despite her efforts to keep the pair on an even keel. Then, the former model and Manpower Australia stripper moved all his things into the spare room of the family’s home.

At an absolute loss as to what could have happened to their perfect little union in a matter of mere weeks, Lisa begged Jamie for an answer but he refused to talk.

In the end she checked his phone.

“I found messages that wre disgusting,” says Lisa. “They damaged me. I think they’ve scarred me for life. It’s pretty hard to see that going on.”

“He was in it hook, line and sinker, I guess is the best way to put it. He was also organising to meet up with her again.”

To Lisa’s abhorrence, thre were countless phone messages dating back for some time while he was playing with her children, tucking them into bed at night, cooking the family dinner and telling Lisa she was his soul mate.

Naked photos had been exchanged with one woman and filthy innuendos were bandied around with another one.

“I just kind of gave up. My whole being gave up. From the airport to my parents’ house, I got unbelievably sick and ended up in hospital. I had a breakdown,” she reveals.

Lisa says it was weeks before the news that his fiancee was hospitalised eventually reached Jamie.

“I was supposed to be working on a [designing] job with him and the producer called me to see if I was all set, so I explained what had happened.

“Apparently the next day Jamie arrived on the set and said I was on another job. The producer told him they’d spoken to me in hospital. That’s when he finally called me”.

Lisa told Jamie she knew everything. He was silent and that’s the last she heard from him.

The full story is in the Woman’s Day.

1 Chrissie { 12.19.13 at 12:11 am }

That is heartbreaking. Losing disrespect for him quick smart. Sure, things don’t work out and you move on, but be a man and break up face to face. To treat someone you love (or at least once did) not to mention their innocent children who probably love you, so harshly, is just disgusting and not a role model that should be prominent in our society. Sorry, I know there are two sides to every story…but also where there is smoke there is fire….

2 brain dead dave { 12.19.13 at 12:42 am }

Durie has long been one of the sleaziest, fake people on television.The two timing turd’s latest backdoor blitz comes as no surprise at all.

3 Mittens { 12.19.13 at 12:57 am }

Hey BDD, do you want to put $2 000 in a box on cornflakes and send it to me? I promise I am a real person and don’t live in Ghana.

4 brain dead dave { 12.19.13 at 1:01 am }

I will travel to the ends of the Earth for my princess. Lots of love from Moose Advi$or.

5 Mittens { 12.19.13 at 1:18 am }

Yes, having his name on his uniform was a give-away. LOL.

Advisor. LOL.

Me from Denver. Oooh actually, I think mum’s FB/scrabbble bf is from Denver too. Named Janitor.

6 Sandii { 12.19.13 at 6:45 am }

He is the biggest douche ever. What an immature nasty person. I am reluctant to call him a man. I alway think he is fake. With that terrible faux laugh . Yuck! He always appeared gay to me.

7 Georgie { 12.19.13 at 7:03 am }

Just remember Ego Man, what goes around comes around.

8 Andrea { 12.19.13 at 7:14 am }

His actions have probably really hurt Lisa and her two little girls who thought of him as a dad so I hope he thinks about what he’s done.
He obviously doesn’t like committing to one person for too long.

9 Izobel2 { 12.19.13 at 8:13 am }

Mittens and BDD, I was so going to message u both today about Cornflakes Moose Advisor!!

10 Reality Raver { 12.19.13 at 8:48 am }

I must confess to be curious about the photos and messages that scarred her for life. What did they say?

The full article is pretty good so if you fall over a WD well worth having a read.

11 Culinary Boner { 12.19.13 at 9:26 am }

Cory Bernardi says stop this depravity at once Jamie! – http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2007/03/12/va1237237633445/Jamie-Durie-Gregg-Porteous-5414023.jpg

(No wonder she’s scarred)

12 mittens { 12.19.13 at 9:32 am }

BDD and Bella, I think Cornflakes have their next ad campaign.

13 Gabby { 12.19.13 at 10:23 am }

Sandii, I have always thought he was gay. How many engagements is it now that he has had and broken off? I think the women are a cover up and when it gets too close to the alter, for whatever reason he can come up with he ends it. Even though he has been caught out having a fling with a woman I still think it is a smoke screen.

14 Ginny { 12.19.13 at 12:08 pm }

It’s really no one’s business. Yes air the dirty laundry in public that really helps the kids. A woman scorned is not an easy look but people fall out and that’s the truth. Not everything is forever and if it is it is rare. Some things need to remain private. But then that’s just my opinion. He doesn’t do anything for me but obviously is a very successful business man.

15 Techhater { 12.19.13 at 12:39 pm }

Sandii and Gabby SNAP!!!!! Desi and i have always thought that he’s gay as well and everything about him is nothing short of smoke and mirrors.

Come on Jamie it’s time to call a spade a spade.

16 brain dead dave { 12.19.13 at 1:07 pm }

Why should Durie’s serial dishonesty and deception remain private?

It’s called public life and if he ‘s promoting a wholesome family values package to the viewers while being a snake in the grass, tough titties.

17 Culinary Boner { 12.19.13 at 1:12 pm }
18 Georgie { 12.19.13 at 1:23 pm }

Hear, hear bdd – #16.

I’ve also noticed Jamie has been happy to use the magazine industry to make his personal business public in the past – to proclaim his happiness with his new love and family.

I guess when the time came, Lisa took a leaf from Jamie’s book and used the magazine industry to share her pain and lost love. She probably didn’t realise the other side of happiness was really no one’s business.

19 mittens { 12.19.13 at 1:27 pm }

Ha ha. CB Just another day at the orifice for Jamie.

20 brain dead dave { 12.19.13 at 1:31 pm }

I’m hotter than Jamie, btw.

Warmest December day for 82 years here. ****in’ hell!

21 Georgie { 12.19.13 at 1:42 pm }

Bloody hell bdd, I just checked the temp. You’d better go and hang out at the shopping centre!

22 brain dead dave { 12.19.13 at 1:49 pm }

I’ve just been there and read the above article, Georgie. As RR said it’s a good read but not worth the price of the mag. I’m $hitting concrete about my tomatoes getting burned and all my TLC going down the toilet.

Jowl$y’s loving the heat. He wolfed half a banana down yesterday.

23 Georgie { 12.19.13 at 1:54 pm }

No shade cloth? Maybe spread a sheet across the stakes and keep it wetted down. Jowlsy will probably move in under the cover too.

24 brain dead dave { 12.19.13 at 2:02 pm }

I’ve got the shade cloth but procrastinated about putting it up.

Mea culpa. I’ll do it now.

25 Izobel2 { 12.19.13 at 5:20 pm }

I’m hearing ya BDD! 3 kids and I stuck in a house aint no fun today. Lucky we have air conditioning! Was 43.4 degrees at 3pm.

Nice photo Boner. Always love your photos!

26 mittens { 12.19.13 at 5:41 pm }

Oh no BDD, Izobel and Sandii. Go and jump under the hose in your undies.

27 Sandii { 12.19.13 at 6:47 pm }

When I left work at 4 it was 43. My tomatoes have serious droop too. Too scared to jump under the hose, last week my poor dog was struck on the face by a snake that came to the water. P.s after a quick trip to the town vet he is as good as gold, struck but not injected by venom!

28 Andrea { 12.19.13 at 7:00 pm }

I hate snakes Sandii, glad your dog is okay.
Keep cool.

29 Sandii { 12.19.13 at 7:24 pm }

Got myself planted in front of the air con