Charlotte Dawson Thinks You Should Not Tweet First World Problems

Charlotte Dawson and Ruby Rose had a twitter fight on the weekend which has now made the papers.
In the world according to Charlotte, Ruby Rose should not have complained on social media about an incident on a regional Qantas plane.

Ruby Rose tweeted and blogged on her Tumblr about how mortifying  she had been when she had been asked to move from an emergency exit.

With Charlotte Dawson tweeting back

Screen shot 2013-12-24 at 9.54.40 AMAnd then of course it escalates into a twitter exchange between the two.

I think it is time for Charlotte Dawson who is no longer a cyber bullying spokesperson to write a guide to what is and is not appropriate to tweet about on Twitter. Because quite frankly I thought twitter’s main purpose was to bitch about first world problems or reality TV.

Charlotte who has a history of getting cranky  on Twitter when someone writes something she disagrees with thinks it is OK to tweet about and post pics of herself in hospital beds, plastic surgery interventions, plugs for her book and shows, brands and other trivial stuff. The issue is next Charlotte tweets about a first world problem chances are Ruby Rose or someone will be sending that photo right back at her.

Interesting that Charlotte who is open about her mental health issues is being so critical of Ruby Rose who has also struggled with mental illness.  I would have thought she would be more supportive of her.

Full story about the Ruby Rose and Charlotte Dawson kerfuffle can be seen here.

1 Lisa { 12.24.13 at 10:42 am }

Wow. Charlotte Dawson needs to pull her head in and get off Twitter.

2 Culinary Boner { 12.24.13 at 11:07 am }

Ah, nothing like a bunch of First World Problem memes. Thanks Charlotte, you will always remain an inspiration for me, even if you don’t give me the horn…

3 brain dead dave { 12.24.13 at 11:32 am }

Yes, I ‘ll bet Charlotte was stressing out about people in Sudan when I saw her in the birdcage at Flemington and going off at the Rabbitohs game in their abortive preliminary final tilt.

Charlotte , I’d imagine~ has never been to Sudan.

4 Georgie { 12.24.13 at 12:42 pm }

Charlotte IS a first world problem!

5 mittens { 12.24.13 at 1:12 pm }

Shameful first world problems:
Not being allowed to water
Having water
Not enough room in the fridge
Owning a fridge
Waking up with chocolate wrappers stuck to your belly

6 brain dead dave { 12.24.13 at 2:01 pm }

Addressing a group of mixed gender as “guys” is a huge first world problem. Nothing against America …but that’s where it started.

Courtesy of Manu, it’s now “gice”,guys.

Someone should do something about it.

7 Littlepetal { 12.24.13 at 3:01 pm }

Too long not in the news. Have to say/do something to be in the news again. Well done CD.

8 Dr T { 12.24.13 at 4:16 pm }
9 Lisa { 12.29.13 at 9:02 am }

Charlotte needs together off twitter yesterday

10 Gabby { 12.29.13 at 10:18 am }

Wherever Charlotte sees a chance to jump on board and create some publicity, she is there, no matter what it makes her look like. So much for deleting her social media acounts.
Do us all a favour in 2014 Charlotte!

11 Anonymous { 02.22.14 at 2:38 pm }

@10 Looks like she did.

It’s still sad.

12 Littlepetal { 02.22.14 at 2:42 pm }

She really needed help but she keep checking herself out of the hospital. RIP Charlotte

13 Techhater { 02.22.14 at 3:04 pm }

Sad news indeed.

14 daisy { 02.22.14 at 3:20 pm }

It’s sad for her and her family and friends.

15 Andrea { 02.22.14 at 3:46 pm }

Is this true? Can’t believe it.
Very sad news.

16 Gabby { 02.22.14 at 4:03 pm }

OH my goodness, how very, very, sad, no matter what I thought of the woman I would never wish that on anyone. I feel for her family. If only she had gone and got the help she needed. May she rest in peace.

17 Georgie { 02.22.14 at 4:08 pm }

Don’t Fear the Reaper
~Blue Oyster Cult~

Came the last night of sadness
And it was clear she couldn’t go on
Then the door was open and the wind appeared
The candles blew and then disappeared
The curtains flew and then he appeared
(Saying, “Don’t be afraid”)

Sorry to hear this news.

Vale Charlotte, you were a brave jouster.

18 brain dead dave { 02.22.14 at 4:23 pm }

Looking at CD’s last few days of tweets, there are oblique references to seeing people on the other side and going to sleep and bequeathing belongings in case she doesn’t wake up.

I realise there’s been no post mortem yet and observation in hindsight is easy but she didn’t seem to be in a good place. I didn’t really believe this sad news until the ABC began reporting it.

Always been glad not to have a Twitter account,myself.

19 Andrea { 02.22.14 at 4:24 pm }

That’s lovely Georgie, thank you.

20 Georgie { 02.22.14 at 4:44 pm }

Cheers Andrea. I’m sure we’ve all been affected by a tragedy like this (closer to home) at some time in our lives. Very sad.

21 Kevin { 02.22.14 at 8:03 pm }

Finally… the trolls have their day.

22 Suzy { 02.22.14 at 9:34 pm }

Wow society is so mean, Charlotte was a person who voiced her opinion…so what, she didn’t need to be bullied and sent evil messages..seriously what the hell is wrong with people!

23 Stacey { 02.22.14 at 10:55 pm }

This is awful news. Hitting kind of close to home as my father passed from this disease also a few months back. Even though I didn’t “know” Charlotte I have been a long time viewer of AusNTM and am aware of her endeavours against bullying and trolling, which can never be a bad thing, but this news still sent cold chills down my spine. It just goes to show that no matter how beautiful, strong, intelligent or independent you are, things can get the better of you.

RIP Charlotte Dawson, you and your efforts will definitely not be forgotten.

24 Reality Raver { 02.22.14 at 10:59 pm }

Stacey – so sorry to hear about your father. Take care.

25 brain dead dave { 02.22.14 at 11:03 pm }

My condolences, too, Stacey. You’re a champion.

26 Stacey { 02.22.14 at 11:09 pm }

Thank you for the support. I love my RR family.
Thanks gice. :)

I admire Charlotte for not sitting back and taking the shit as most celebs do. Bullies and trolls need to realise that for every action there is a reaction. I can’t believe they don’t realise though that their words are published in black and white. I hope they cannot sleep tonight.

That randomly became an unintentional poem.

27 Izobel2 { 02.23.14 at 12:04 am }

Sorry to hear Stacey. X

28 Andrea { 02.23.14 at 1:43 am }

I’m sorry for you too Stacey, depression is a terrible thing.

29 Eliza { 02.23.14 at 2:26 am }

Such sad news. It took me a while to take it in, I was in shock. I will certainly miss her on ANTM, she was always my favourite due to her fairness and honesty.

If anything can come from this, I hope that all those trolls out there learn once and for all that your actions online have real consequences. I could never understand how they get off from bullying people in the first place. Clearly they have no morals or values whatsoever.

I am sorry to hear too, Stacey. All the best to you and your family.

30 daisy { 02.23.14 at 2:30 am }

Dear Stacey, you have long been one of my favourite posters. You are a brave girl who has seen more grief in your young life than you should, but you are still warm, kind, sweet and funny.
My heart oes out to you and your family.
I am wishing you and your loved ones a the huge run of good things you deserve.
You’re a darling, and I am so sorry that you have had this sorrow.

31 Georgie { 02.23.14 at 6:12 am }

Hugs Stacey ♥

32 Gabby { 02.23.14 at 7:41 am }

Lots of love to you and yours Stacey xox

Lets hope Charlotte’s death will give these dispicable people that find it so easy to type, hurt and never realise the damage their hateful words are causing, something to think about.
For myself, I didn’t like Charlotte and I voiced my opinion of her on this site. That has troubled me ever since I have heard the tragic news.
I never got myself into an online slagging match with her, I just wrote what I thought of her, and now I feel so guilty about that.
Was I right or was I wrong to express my negative feelings about the lady? I just feel so very, very sad.

33 Littlepetal { 02.23.14 at 7:47 am }

My condolences to you and your family, Stacey. Please remember the good times you have with your dad.

That is why I am so worried about Thorpe. I hope he is getting better day to day and have the right treatment.

34 Georgie { 02.23.14 at 8:30 am }

Agree Littlepetal on Ian Thorpe. I hope he can work his way through the maze and find a comfortable place to be.

35 John { 02.23.14 at 10:31 am }

Well, truth is many didn’t care for Charlotte and her ‘brand’ of infamy.
Now that’s she’s gone, despite this immediate sadness, many will not care.
Who are they? Me thinks most of us that don’t sympathise with Dawson are not her victims of her social media vitriol, perpetrators of response troll attacks on her, followers of her modelling or reality TV career, socialite followers, readers of her published Air Kiss & Tell discounted bargain bin special, or simply uninterested in her B grade media career.
We, who simply don’t care… don’t care. We don’t, because we are uninterested and we do not give a….. I comment here now because even dead this… is still getting media attention.
Her family, friends, followers, groupies and the media will care while this moment – her death – is current. Try, 6 to 12 months from now… who will? Most of them, but others, not. Move on.

36 PoRk ChOp { 02.23.14 at 12:50 pm }

Please accept my condolences Stacey. The loss of a Dad is so painful. I hope you feel better a little at a time, and find solace within your family, M

37 daisy { 02.23.14 at 1:48 pm }

John, I appreciate your refreshing honesty. But it’s possible that some commenters see the sadness in the situation because depression and suicide are inherintly sad whoever the sufferer.
No one needs to be insincere and feign false remorse if they have seen in others or experienced mental illness or depression.
It is possible to have compassion without necessarily liking someone.
But again. Thanks for your honesty. I love your sincerity. It is true that most of us haven’t been deeply saddened if we are honest. Perhaps what we mean is that we recognise the sadness of the situation.

38 daisy { 02.23.14 at 1:58 pm }

And I sometimes see it like this when there is a sad story on telly; today thousands of children are dying in hospitals or homeless on the street without any media attention.

39 Eliza { 02.23.14 at 6:46 pm }

I think it is always sad when someone’s life is cut short. Sure, it happens to people around the world everyday but we don’t hear about it but Daisy is right, it is sad that she was unable to get through the depression she was suffering. I have always felt that she probably had a love hate relationship with the ‘spotlight’.. loved being in it, but hated the negative from it. I may have read too much into it, but it very much seemed that her sense of self-worth was based on the attention she received (like her recent Twitter post about the Astra awards). Some might say she brought the negative attention upon herself for wanting this lifestyle but possibly the ‘need’ for a public lifestyle stemmed from other issues. I may be wrong…

For some reasons I seemed to quite like her. I think it was mostly from watching ANTM. You could tell that she cared about the girls on the show.

Gabby, I think most of us here are ‘guilty’ of making negative comments towards people in the media, etc but there is a way to voice your opinion and there isn’t. From my years on this site I cannot say I have seen anything vicious on your part. Not necessarily liking someone does not mean that you wish harm upon them.

40 Stacey { 02.23.14 at 7:29 pm }

Thank you for the very lovely words everyone. Had me in the good kind of tears this morning. :’)