So Nigella Does Not Cook Christmas Dinner – Who Cares?

nigella muffinThe Grillo sisters may have been found not guilty but they have ensured they are just about unemployable with the continuing to talk about the Lawson/Saatchi household.

In what is claimed to be shocking news is that Nigella does not cook christmas dinner and they get it catered for. Maybe because she is too busy and she is a brand.

News.com.au is reporting the Grillo sisters only saw her cook a Christmas Pudding once and never made a mince pie that she did for her show.

The article states:

The sisters told the The Sun how Lawson and Saatchi would relax and let their staff organise the festive season.

Francesca Grillo said: “We’d have a tree delivered then Nigella got a team to decorate it rather than do it with the kids. The tree was very simple – just lights usually and only one colour. She had this weird black fairy to go on top. She was very particular that we use that. It was very strange.

“One year she made cookies that were hung on the tree with ribbons. They were put in a drawer and used year after year. She never made fresh ones.”

Francesca added: “Caterers sometimes came in to do the cooking, then in the last few years the family ate out. From 2009 they went to her husband’s gallery on Christmas Day. They’d rent the entire restaurant and have people cooking and serving the food.”

The sisters also told how stress levels soared in the couple’s luxury home throughout December. Elisabetta, 41, who was the couple’s aide from 2001 to 2012, said: “Something would always go wrong and the tension would rise.

“Nigella was very busy so all the tasks would be passed to us and the other staff. It was a very stressful time.”

What the Grillo sisters may not get is that Nigella was busy working to pay their wages that is why she may have delegated the organisation of Christmas to the household. A lot of people would be more then happy to out source their christmas catering if they could afford to.

1 Andrea { 12.26.13 at 10:29 am }

Seems like they have it in for Nigella.
This reminds me of an old movie that was on the other day called “Christmas in Conneticut”, about a “tv chef ” who couldn’t cook at all. A Christmas tv special was made where her house and family were all fake. It turned out her assistants did all the work behind the scenes.
Of course she got found out in the end,but it was quite funny.

2 all happening { 12.26.13 at 11:46 am }

I agree Andrea, the sisters really have their claws out for Nigella. What is wrong with, shock and horror, having staff to do your cooking for you if you can afford it or for you to go out for dinner, we have done that when we owned a business.
Has no one told these women that they were employees there to WORK. No doubt they were getting paid very well too over and above credit card bonuses.
Hope everyone had a great Xmas day.

3 brain dead dave { 12.26.13 at 12:55 pm }

They can’t say Nigella hasn’t got great tits.

When is this trivial Grillo grilling going to end? Xmas at Rolf Harris’s would be a lot more of a “stressful time”.

4 Georgie { 12.26.13 at 1:43 pm }

If this is the best ‘dirt’ the Grillo Brillo sisters can come up with, their post court gravy train will only be a one carriage special.

5 mittens { 12.26.13 at 1:46 pm }

Bloody hell.
I wouldn’t cook Chrissie dinner either if I had staff to do it.

6 mittens { 12.26.13 at 1:47 pm }

Speaking of dirt; is your house still clean after Christmas Georgie?

My mob left half an hour ago.

7 Alicia { 12.26.13 at 2:39 pm }

I’d pay someone to cook my Christmas dinner (well, every dinner) if I could afford it, and especially if I cooked for a living!! Might be the last thing she feels like doing after a day in front of the cameras. These girls are really digging deep for the dirt on Nigella.

8 Georgie { 12.26.13 at 3:20 pm }

Just the surface variety required mittens, which is easy peasy. It’s the deep, dark corners of accumulated clutter that took time to sort and chuck or store and that will stay clean and tidy for a while yet. That’s the stuff that does my head in and makes me feel good when it’s organised.

9 Sandii { 12.26.13 at 6:25 pm }

Hi all, I hope everyone had a wonderful time yesterday with their loved ones. Half Nigella’s luck for out sourcing all the Christmas hard work. We had a great day with our adult children who also outsourced Christmas. In our house it’s called get mum and dad to bring everything and do everything…. I exaggerate a tad. It was fun.

10 mittens { 12.26.13 at 8:01 pm }

Sandii you must feel knackered today. Me too.
Our is a 24 hourer and I kept thinking, “Are we there yet”.

The kids all do their bit and Lotus is a big help.
Georgie, heaven is a clean house.

11 Sandii { 12.26.13 at 8:28 pm }

Mittens, we took my elderly parents to Adelaide with us. What a crackup they fought all the way to Adelaide and slept all the way home. Must say, no kidding, best Christmas ever. Was heaps fun.

12 mittens { 12.26.13 at 9:08 pm }

Did they fart trying to get out of the car Sandii?

Bach watchers, it’s probably too late for most of you but the home visits are on tonight on Go.

13 mittens { 12.26.13 at 9:47 pm }

I have my own painted Christmas tee now.

I put on a snug size 8 white tee that made me look like Nigella and let the grandkids paint me. It went right through so naked I look like I have been to Woodstock.

14 Calorie Loader { 12.26.13 at 11:45 pm }

Bahaha Mittens: P Was that the result of going bra-less ?

15 EmTee { 12.27.13 at 12:00 am }

Sheesh! Even professional chefs deserve a break from cooking. The ‘gorilla’ sisters are sure scraping the bottom of the bowl if these are the only scraps they they can dish out. Guess now that they have to use their OWN credit cards any tripe will do to milk the UK gutter press gravy train while it lasts. Can’t imagine either of them getting another job any time soon.

16 Ryan { 12.27.13 at 10:15 am }

The help accusing Nigella of hiring help? WHAT??!!!!

17 mittens { 12.27.13 at 11:37 am }

Ha ha ha Ryan. The irony of it.

But I think that was the problem. They expected to be paid without working for it.

18 Techhater { 12.27.13 at 11:48 am }

Mittens You’re wrong there. They WERE paid without working for it…They paid themselves.

19 Anonymous { 12.27.13 at 11:07 pm }

Nigella is a strawman. Its not her at all. So leave this person alone