Darren Robertson’s Charcoal Kitchen Starts Tonight On Lifestyle Food

It has been a good year for Darren Robertson his restaurant Three Blue Ducks continues to have critical and consumer success, he was host on reality show Recipe To Riches and now he has his own cooking show, Charcoal Kitchen.

Darren Robertson’s Charcoal Kitchen is all about the BBQ and premieres tonight Thursday, January 2 at 8.30pm on Foxtel’s LifeStyle FOOD channel.

The blurb from the press release says:

In his new series, Darren is taking a step back from the highly intricate fine dining skills he’s spent years honing, to develop a more wholistic approach to food that embraces the seasons and great ingredients cooked simply and beautifully over a fire or hot coals. No fancy equipment, no induction stoves or immersion circulators – just fresh ingredients, fire and imagination and the discovery of what these simple elements can create.

Darren said: “How good is cooking the old school way! Outside, over an open fire, or even on old beaten up BBQ. Great food really doesn’t have to be complicated”

The barbeque is an Australian icon, and in this brand new series, Darren Robertson’s Charcoal Kitchen, Darren shows us how to get the best out of this quintessentially Aussie cooking technique no matter the setting or occasion. The 9-part series takes us around Australia exploring different barbequing styles to suit both formal and relaxed entertaining, with a focus on sustainable cooking, while supporting local farmers and growers featuring the fresh produce from the area.

Darren Robertson’s Charcoal Kitchen on Thursday on Lifestyle Food at 8.30pm.

1 brain dead dave { 01.02.14 at 7:05 pm }

People have been doing this for a million fucking years. Yawn.

I’m missing so much by not having Foxtel.

2 Georgie { 01.02.14 at 7:56 pm }

When there’s tennis and cricket on, I’m not interested in watching someone cook dinner on the barbie. Just bring me the meal with an icy cold beer while I’m watching a game – I’ll let you know what I think of it when I’m finished. 😀

3 Littlepetal { 01.02.14 at 8:02 pm }

😀 😀 😀 , Georgie. No time for anything at the moment.

4 Georgie { 01.02.14 at 8:08 pm }

Too right Littlepetal. I don’t want rtv messing with my sport.

5 Mittens { 01.02.14 at 8:09 pm }

Glad you girls are having fun.

6 Littlepetal { 01.02.14 at 8:23 pm }

Yes, mittens. Have to schedule everything in the morning and then plonk myself on the sofa. Finally I can watch tele in the kitchen which mean I am happy to cook. Or else…… takeaway is the way to go.

7 Mittens { 01.02.14 at 8:30 pm }

RR no it wasn’t the margueritas. I just watched the Price is Right vid and I think she even gave Drew Carey an excited bj in their a couple of times.

8 Mittens { 01.02.14 at 8:48 pm }

Sorry. Comment 7 belongs to the Reality titbits Thursday.

9 Littlepetal { 01.02.14 at 8:50 pm }

He he he, mittens. Too many margueritas today?

10 Mittens { 01.02.14 at 8:57 pm }

Very, Littlepetal. I might get the blame for all happening’s missing stash.

Sadly I have had a few old lady glitches today that have nothing to do with funny water or whacky terbacky.

11 Mittens { 01.02.14 at 9:00 pm }

RR I ran into a gorgeous friend today who is BB fan and other RTV shows. I told her to get her butt over to RR. She would love it, especially in BB season.

I’ll be looking out for her.

12 all happening { 01.02.14 at 10:40 pm }

I would have loved to watch this program having spent 9 months cooking over open fires etc in the bush in my younger days. Love my camp oven, still use it when we go camping. We have foxtel but not lifestyle food. I worked out how to tape shows now, thanks for all your help earlier. Hopefully the show will find its way on one of free to air channels later.

13 Mittens { 01.02.14 at 10:43 pm }

Just watched the Middle. TH is that how you get your boys to change their socks? I can see it.

14 Techhater { 01.02.14 at 11:08 pm }

Mittens the trouble i have with my boys and socks is that they change them so many times a day i could fill the line with just socks.

15 Mittens { 01.02.14 at 11:26 pm }

So no wrestling on the front lawn then.

Creepy JJ today. What a line-up.

JJ must’ve dug deep for that lot.

16 brain dead dave { 01.02.14 at 11:51 pm }

The people are real , the cases are real.

The parties have been sworn in. You may be seated.

That landlord was a sick puppy.

17 Reality Raver { 01.03.14 at 6:55 am }

Thanks Mittens much appreciated.