The Block Fan V Favourites – The Drill

Screen shot 2014-01-02 at 1.20.04 PM

It is fairly safe to assume with the amount of publicity going on for The Block Fan V Favourites that it will be kicking off early in 2014.

So how is it different from the preceding seasons?

Firstly there are two teams of favourites that is previous players. Lysandra and Alyssa who won The Block – Sky High are back along with buddies Dale and Brad who were on the first season in Melbourne. Brad won $600,000 with his now wife Lara and Dale and his wife Sophie were fan favourites..

Lysandra and Alyssa have now quit the policeforce and have their own online shopping website A+L Collections. It looks like high end products. They eventually want to sell their own products.

This season is again set in Melbourne and the contestants have to convert the old Dux Theatre in Albert Park into four three bedroom, three bathroom loft style apartments. Also when the start there are no floors and no walls and no roof. Interesting as there appear to be six teams and only four apartments to renovate so expect a TWIST.

As the fans v faves theme is a take off from Survivor they are also having to live a bit rough when they first get there. They are given a tent and there is no running water.

The other couples are all young and visually pleasing. They are:

• Chantelle, 31, Sales and marketing business owner, and milliner and Steve, 35, who is a chimney sweep. They have been dating for two years, live together half the week in St Kilda – she lives with mum the other half of the week and he lives in Geelong. Neither have much skill with the tools. They just missed being cast for The Block Sky High.
  • Pascale, 25, is a child protection social worker and Chris, 28, is a school teacher by day, wedding singer by night. They are from the Gold Coast and have been married for one year. They are know as Pas and Streety. Apparently Pas talks alot. They have renovated before but describe it as the most stressful time in their relationship.
  • Jesse, 27, and Kenny, 30, are both miners from Townsville, QLD. They have been married for one year. She has a cushion fetish so this will be interesting to see what the judges think of that. Kenny is a former bricklayer so should be a bit handy with the tools.
  • Kyal, 27, is a carpenter and Kara, 26, is a physiotherapist are from the Central Coast, NSW. They are childhood sweethearts and have been married for 6 years. Expect him to take charge of the reno and her to do the design. She describes their style as “organic, natural, modern and classic Scandinavian”.

The hosts continue to be Scott Cam and Shelley Craft and the judges are Shaynna Blaze, Neale Whittaker and Darren Palmer.

The Block will commence on NINE early 2014.

Will you be watching?

1 Emma { 01.02.14 at 1:24 pm }

I’ll be watching. I’m guessing the fans get each apartment and the faves will help two couples each?

2 Techhater { 01.02.14 at 1:30 pm }

Emma i hope not. Imagine having those 2 witches helping you. It makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Although i am surprised that there are 2 teams from Qld.

3 Anonymous { 01.02.14 at 1:58 pm }

Not Kyle but Kyal???

4 all happening { 01.02.14 at 2:00 pm }

I really disliked the witches. They just came over as so arrogant. It will be on overlapping with MKR I assume. I liked Dale and Brad.

5 Gabby { 01.02.14 at 2:25 pm }

Can’t wait, if I remember right it was on as the same time as House Rules last year but HR series didn’t run as long, but I could be wrong. I just know there will probably be a lot of taping going on.

6 brain dead dave { 01.02.14 at 2:37 pm }

Those twins with the Easter Island heads make me sick.

Reveal nights only for this appalling swill for white supremacists.

7 all happening { 01.02.14 at 2:42 pm }

Just got mystar taping as part of a bundle so I will be able to tape this year. The only problem is working out times as we are not in NSW or Vic. I thought I was taping JJ the other day but I was out by an hour. Have to work on that. I have forgotten Gabby what was on when.

8 Reality Raver { 01.02.14 at 2:44 pm }

Emma – You might be right. I had just presumed two would be eliminated.

Anon – that is what was on the press release.

9 brain dead dave { 01.02.14 at 2:50 pm }

Kyal…I love it when bogans get “creative” with baby name spelling . Odds are the “parents” couldn’t spell “Kyle”.

10 Littlepetal { 01.02.14 at 3:00 pm }

all happening, did you check that you have the correct time? Daylight saving can be a problem.

11 Maggie { 01.02.14 at 3:04 pm }

I love the block.

12 all happening { 01.02.14 at 3:17 pm }

I was trying to set record from tv guide like the guy told me but I was an hour out. I will check settings to see if anything there. Thanks LP.

13 brain dead dave { 01.02.14 at 3:21 pm }

I think this a good tv guide ,all happening,whatever state you’re in:

14 all happening { 01.02.14 at 3:31 pm }

Thanks BDD.

15 Latosha { 01.02.14 at 3:39 pm }

Hi to every body, it’s my first pay a visit of this weblog; this website consists of remarkable and
genuinely good information in support of visitors.

16 Gabby { 01.02.14 at 3:53 pm }

All happening, whatever time comes up on your TV should be the time in your state. If it is on at 8.30pm around Australia, it will be on and tape at 8.30 wherever you are. I hope that helps?

17 all happening { 01.02.14 at 4:06 pm }

Thanks Gabby. It is different for foxtel though. I have been so disappointed missing programs by an hour. I will have a play to get it sorted.

18 Gabby { 01.02.14 at 4:54 pm }

Sorry about that all happening, it would give me the proverbial too, if I was missing out on my shows. I have Foxtel, and thats how mine works in Qld. Once you get it sorted though you won’t know yourself. Are you able to tape two shows and watch a third? I love mine.

19 Littlepetal { 01.02.14 at 4:56 pm }

On auto time my PVR time is out by 1 hour. I have to adjust the time by using GMT +11 instead of +10. Now the recording is at the right time.

20 all happening { 01.02.14 at 5:03 pm }

LP be gentle what did you just say? No it is ok I know what you mean sort of. I am trying out recording B&B and series link this arvo. I set it earlier so I could see if it is set ok now.

21 Angel86 { 01.02.14 at 5:50 pm }

I cannot stand the sisters but I do like Brad and Dale so not sure if I’ll tune in or not. Depends what the new couples are like.

22 Nikki { 01.02.14 at 6:58 pm }

Sky High was my first year with The Block – I actually credit this blog for luring me into watching it! I enjoyed the series (although it was a bit drama heavy sometimes) and I liked the sisters (seem to be alone on that one!) so I’ll be tuning in when it comes on. I really hope they’re not going to stick the Faves with the Fans somehow though.

23 Fiona { 01.03.14 at 1:02 am }

I can not believe that the judges are the same as last year. One of the biggest complaints that I came across last season was about the judges. There should only be ONE interior designer as a judge, the other 2 should be in real estate/or a builder.

And when exactly were the twins “Fan Favourites”? I personally liked them, but I am aware that A LOT of fans did not.

24 Techhater { 01.05.14 at 12:40 pm }

OK Now i have absolute bragging rights.

I was born and bred on the NSW Central Coast, and Kara is the daughter of one of my oldest friends, since the late 70’s. We only lost contact when we moved to Western Qld 7 years ago. But my daughter the nurse still maintains contact with her as they were in the same grade at school.

25 Gabby { 01.05.14 at 12:58 pm }

You deserve bragging rights, onya, TH. we used to live at Bateau Bay before we moved up here, where abouts were you? My old boy told me our 40 degree weather blew straight in from Long Reach yesterday, so thanks for that TH, it was great, not! I don’t know how you take it day in day out. They must breed you tough.

26 Techhater { 01.05.14 at 1:18 pm }

Gabby Born and bred at Umina. Just spoke to my twin brother who knew 3 months ago from another old friend (Kyall’s dad) that they were chosen. Kara was my daughter’s best friend at school. I will keep you all informed of any info j might get that’s not readily available.

27 brain dead dave { 01.05.14 at 1:35 pm }

Lot of hot air doing the rounds at the moment.

28 Techhater { 01.05.14 at 1:39 pm }

Gabby. Friday 11.30am was 45deg. Our car broke down 3 klm from home our R broke down and took us 50mins to get home. We’ve brought the big guns out. A portabale aircon. So we don’t just have our ducted evaporative aircon but also our portable refrigerated one.

29 Gabby { 01.05.14 at 3:09 pm }

Beautiful spot Umina, so different from where you are now. Do you think you will ever return? Looking forward to any updates on The Block.
Shit, is all I can say to the conditions you live under at this time of year.
Nice one TH.

30 Techhater { 01.05.14 at 5:54 pm }

Gabby Never to return to Umina. And believe it or not ex-Patonga resident has moved around the corner.

What a small world it is

31 Gabby { 01.05.14 at 7:44 pm }

It is, it is.
You will never get us back to Bateau Bay either.

32 Kylie { 01.30.14 at 7:53 pm }

Kara looks like Alley from the Batchelor!