Gary Mehigan Is Doing A Rick Stein

Don’t panic Gary Mehigan is not dumping his wife and running off with his mistress like Rick Stein did but what Gary is doing is filming a cooking show with the first being filmed in India. Rick Stein’s India has proven popular on ABC TV. The show called Gary Mehigan’s Far Flung and will see Gary filming in 13 countries and travelling around on his motorbike. Rick Stein in his early series around the UK used to drive around in a battered Rover with his beloved Chalkie by his side.

In India Gary is visiting the cities of Jodphur, Chennai and Mumbai.

At this stage it appears to not be picked up by a TV network so could screen on Foxtel or free-to-air tv. However quite rightly Gary who is a judge/host on Masterchef Australia, is expecting overseas sales considering the popularity of Masterchef in many overseas countries including India, South Africa, UK and The Netherlands.

A short sizzle reel is above and if you want to keep in the loop with Gary and the show connect on his Facebook page here.

1 brain dead dave { 01.06.14 at 3:09 pm }

Gary involved with a show about cooking?

That’ll be a first.

He can obviously see the shit hitting the fan with doomed Ma$terchef.

2 Georgie { 01.06.14 at 3:29 pm }

Nice combination of words bdd – ‘Far Flung’ and “shit hitting the fan”. Paints a picture don’t it!

3 brain dead dave { 01.06.14 at 3:36 pm }

Nice work,Georgie.

I refuse to believe Gary can be transported on anything smaller than a quad bike, myself.

4 unohoo { 01.06.14 at 4:16 pm }

Op on foot next week. No work for 3 months afterwards. Yay.

5 brain dead dave { 01.06.14 at 9:46 pm }

Rick Stein is in Jaipur tonight. That Palace Of Winds sounds like the kind of place Jowl$y would feel right at home.

6 mittens { 01.06.14 at 10:24 pm }

Thanks, BDD, I love Jaipur. I’ll be watching.

7 Georgie { 01.07.14 at 11:11 am }

Far Flung, far fetched and far out – is this pushing the chef envelope too far?

So far we know, Gary will travel far and wide – one fat man on a motorbike. Far be it from me to suggest this will be far more about the motorcycling and the eating, than the cooking. In fact I would go so far as to suggest, as Gary gets far from the madding crowd in these far off countries, that the cooking segments will become few and far between. As far as I’m concerned, it’s far and away the farthest thing from Masterchef he could do.

Really, I wouldn’t trust Gary as far as I could throw him, to make this Far Pavilions travelogue, all about the cooking.

8 brain dead dave { 01.07.14 at 11:20 am }

Gary would be best high tailing it on his bike to Ararat in time for the festival of fat.

I don’t trust gorging Gazza ,either. A knife licker and an inveterate arse licker for the overblown “wonders” of the “Ma$terchef Kitchin”

9 Techhater { 01.07.14 at 11:30 am }

At least Rick Stein knows the difference between good food and far flung sh*t.

10 mittens { 01.07.14 at 2:27 pm }

Good Rick Stein last night.

11 Georgie { 01.20.14 at 11:33 am }

Gary probably thinks he’ll be received in India like some avatar, but after the shafting Rishi got last year, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get garbage flung at him instead.