Big Brother Winner Ben Norris Won’t Be Shilling Products In The Social Media

In a refreshing change 2012’s winner of Big Brother Benjamin Norris is quite disparaging of reality TV stars flogging products in the social media.

This is quite different from some of the latest batch of contestants whose posts at times are filled with the thanking of brands. Yes Tully I am throwing a side eye at you.

Ben in response to a link on Facebook  to an article about people buying social media followers wrote this:

Screen shot 2014-01-07 at 12.46.45 PMUnfortunately he does not name names.

He also gave his own view on what he thinks about the flogging of products over the social media:

Screen shot 2014-01-07 at 12.44.08 PM

Good to see he has a grip on reality.

1 Pam { 01.09.14 at 12:56 pm }

Go buy a Buddy Holly record, “Rave On”

2 HoneyBee { 01.09.14 at 12:58 pm }

Yeah Carol, TH, hubby couldn’t work for awhile last year. Scary at the time.

Good luck girls. Hope the boys both land great jobs.

3 Techhater { 01.09.14 at 12:58 pm }

I’ve actually said this before some months ago. BDD was the only one to stand up for me early in piece when i was attacked forwhat faith i am. Also some time later when a couple of you attacked me personally that i was reduced to tears from what you said to me and one other who no longer posts. I have never personally attacked any of you or people we talk about. ONLY EVER behaviours displayed publically. And for this i stand by BDD and his comments.

4 Benjamin Norris { 01.09.14 at 1:16 pm }

There are people in this world who are too intelligent for their own good and their motivations to antagonise others becomes the only rational for their negative disruptive behaviour. Starting fires that only ‘they’ are in control of. Only to put their fires out when they feel it is needed.
Opinions of each individual person are of their own! Wrong or right, it is up to you – on how you take on people’s thoughts. (There are not wrong and right answers.) Fighting with an antagonist is useless as YOU will never know the length of their string. Most intelligent bloggers, (haters) will argue for up to years before they realise that they have wasted their time and yours.
I chose to enjoy people like Brain Dead Dave, as his(/her) quick wit and personal attacks are usually well put together and really engaging. He is the ultimate polarising online blogger. Without his passion – the internet wouldn’t be what it is today. (My only issue. MY ONLY ISSUE. is that we need to educate our next generation about how to deal with these faceless characters as it is killing them.)

5 Pam { 01.09.14 at 1:16 pm }

Always stand by your conviction TH, that is one of the things I want to be able to do.
Every one should have that right. I just don’t like being belittled for trying to stand by mine.

6 brain dead dave { 01.09.14 at 1:19 pm }

So long as you can belittle others without being held accountable for it.

7 Carol (without the e) { 01.09.14 at 1:20 pm }

Well said Ben. That’s the key… knowing how to read it and either appreciate it or let it wash over you.

My mantra in life is to not stress over things I can’t change. I don’t particularly have a problem with what anyone says on here… but if I did… I wouldn’t let it keep me awake at night.

8 HoneyBee { 01.09.14 at 1:24 pm }

Ben, ha ha. Was that a back-handed compliment for BDD?

He’s intelligent, but too intelligent?

9 brain dead dave { 01.09.14 at 1:30 pm }

Maybe Ben can bankroll a lobotomy for me and I’ll move to Oprah.com.

Sure , I’ve had everything from marriage proposals to death threats. All part of life’s rich tapestry, gice.

10 HoneyBee { 01.09.14 at 1:33 pm }

Lots of times BDD has the guts to write what I am thinking.

Ben if you’d been here a long time that BDD makes pretty fair calls.
Yes he is ‘eloquent’ but he’s authentic.

11 Techhater { 01.09.14 at 1:37 pm }

How do you come to the conclusion that “intelligent bloggers” are “haters”?

The great man Abraham Lincoln said “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, BUT YOU CAN NEVER PLEASE ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME.”

Something we can all take to heart and learn from.

12 brain dead dave { 01.09.14 at 1:45 pm }

“Haters” is just a Facebook cliche. People don’t buy into your journey on a reality tv show, they’re ‘haters’ .Trivial. Yawn.

I’ve attacked hate here in the form of homophobia , racism and Anti Semitism. That’s the real stuff.

13 Techhater { 01.09.14 at 1:53 pm }

And for that you have my eternal gratitude BDD.

14 brain dead dave { 01.09.14 at 2:23 pm }

You’ve thanked me for that before. It’s okay.

The irony is , if I didn’t do that, you might have been afraid to post here in that environment.

I’ll support underdogs but don’t have to suffer fools.

15 Benjamin Norris { 01.09.14 at 2:26 pm }

The fight against online bullies is more important and topical in this form. Yes you could say online trolls/bullies/belligerent ‘opinionators’ is just another bi-product of hatred formed against minority groups, such as homophobia etc. but I don’t think you should call yourself a hero – fighting for one cause when you push another. Think about where the origins of hatred come from and what you pushing. It is a new level of negativity that our next generation doesn’t understand. It hurts them and kills them. I bet you millions of dollars you have put off people commenting on this site, auditioning for reality Tv Shows and most likely you have affected people emotionally to the point of tears. If you hate homophobia, racism and anti semitics ????- then I don’t understand why you don’t hate yourself. More teen deaths have been related to online bullying that gay hate crimes in Australia. That is a fact. You are an online bully – that is a fact.

16 Sandii { 01.09.14 at 2:27 pm }

I must say that I am the biggest chicken out there but have never felt threatened or scared by anyone commenting on or against my opinions. I have loved my short time on this site.
For all those that are looking for work, I am thinking of you and feel your pain. I have a 22 year old daughter that was in the top 4 percent in the state for her year 12. Completed her honours degree in cancer research and is now working 8 hours a week in a cafe. She is greatful for the work but devastated about the lack of work in her field.

P.s Honeybee warm 30 degrees here today.

17 Techhater { 01.09.14 at 2:37 pm }

Sandii A cool 38degrees here today and over 100ml of rain woohoo.

BDD Not trying to be patronising but showing how you are not a “hatrr” but is somebody who says openly what we are all thinking as HoneyBee has already mentioned.

18 Techhater { 01.09.14 at 2:42 pm }

Oops meant “hater”

19 brain dead dave { 01.09.14 at 2:47 pm }

It is not a fact at all, Ben. You’ve been here five minutes.

I’ve made no claim to be a hero or blown my own trumpet about supporting twenty odd charities or being the most real person on a reality TV show.

Were I doing some online bullying, I’d be moderated as surely the moderator here isn’t in the business of running a snake pit like Facebook or Twitter, where the deaths you refer to by and large have their origin.

Many people considered you involved in bullying Estelle in the BB house . I guess hell will freeze over before she’s here to back your claims to the contrary up.

20 Littlepetal { 01.09.14 at 2:48 pm }

TH, I feel for you. You mentioned ‘ a cool 38C’ and we complained like hell when it gets to 38C here.