Celebrity Come Dine With Me Australia – Best Episode Ever?

The latest episode of Celebrity Come Dine With Me Australia involving Gretel Killeen, Kate Waterhouse, Charlie Alibone and Pete Morrissey is a cracker.

Compared to the Christmas special with Simone Warne, Myf Warhust, Kouta and Steve Price where there was no chemistry, this episode more then made up for it.

All of the contestants were likeable and they all appeared to get on. The conversation was entertaining and there was also repartee helped by Pete Morrissey and Gretel who did not shut up. Charlie was charming and witty and Kate Waterhouse was all class. Kate’s apartment was divine and she clearly took the show seriously as she practised her Italian menu which did look amazing.

She even brought back a pasta machine from Milan. Not only did she have the best menu she made it look effortless.

All of their good conversation gave a lot of narrator James Valentine and the writers a lot to work with. It was hard not to smile the whole way through the episode.

If you have missed it last night have a look at it on catch up. After the first ten minutes you will be wishing you were at the dinner party as well. Oh and the food was mainly edible as well.

Celebrity Come Dine with Me Australia on Lifestyle Tuesday’s at 8.30pm.

1 Trent { 01.08.14 at 8:15 am }

It made me realise how much i Miss Gretel and her humour & Wit.

It was the first episode of CDWM that i have watched but it was great.

2 Sandii { 01.08.14 at 10:38 am }

Am I able to watch this online?

3 mittens { 01.08.14 at 10:57 am }

I think Gretel has been the best BB host so far, even if she did get over-heated a few times. She was passionate about the show.

4 Gabby { 01.08.14 at 11:08 am }

Yu are right RR, it was THE best episode and I did smile all the way through. Gretel was a classic and you are right TH, I realised how much I missed her to do. She was like an old friend. Her crab dish left a lot to be desired. Loved Kate, gorgeous down to earth girl. I loved the way her mum told her to give everyone a mixed grill, everyone loves a mixed grill. Maybe Gay is more down to earth than I would have thought. Love Charlie, always have on That Selling show, he is gorgeous to look at and gorgeous to listen to and he was exactly the same last night. He lives on a picture book perfect home and property. David was a big laugh and also he could laugh at himself which was great, as they all kept taking the mickey out of him. I could go on and on, it was just a top show.
Looking forward to seeing Carlotta, not so much Lisa, in the next one. Looks like Lisa is hosting her dinner in a caravan, don’t know what that’s all about.

5 Fiona { 01.08.14 at 11:16 am }

I can not believe I missed this, I saw an ad for this the other day and noticed Gretel on it. Does anyone know when it will be repeated?

6 LifeStyle Channel { 01.08.14 at 11:43 am }

Hi Fiona- list of repeat times are listed below- however as RR said- you can also get it on catch up if you have it.

8 January: 5:35pm on LifeStyle Channel
10 January: 9:30pm on LifeStyle Channel
11 January: 1:00pm on LifeStyle Channel
12 January: 8:30am on LifeStyle Channel
12 January: 7:30pm on LifeStyle Channel

7 Reality Raver { 01.08.14 at 12:53 pm }

Gabby – there was a nice frission about it and Gretel is quite a complex character. For the first 10 mins I thought is she being deliberate or is this just her but quickly realised it was her sense of humour.

Lifestyle Channel – Thanks for that. I am in the US with crappy wi fi connection (yes doing my head in) so was being lazy with looking that up.

Fiona – highly recommended was a really enjoyable watch.

Sandii – do you have Foxtel at all if not do a google search and see what you can find….

8 Sandii { 01.08.14 at 1:18 pm }

Thanks RR, but sadly no Foxtel. I had done a quick google search earlier, but didn’t really find where I can watch it. :(

9 Gabby { 01.08.14 at 1:55 pm }

Sandii, if you don’t have Foxtel, I am not sure if you are able to download the Foxtel App., if your phone or computer takes apps. Worth checking out, then you will be able to catch up on all the Foxtel shows.
RR, yes I think Gretal is just like that all the time. I used to watch her on Beauty and the Beast with Stan Zemanik years ago and she was exactly the same, that is where I first clapped eyes on her and have loved her ever since. Also that is where I used to watch Carlotta regularly and I loved her, she was a right hoot, so looking forward to seeing her next week.
That was good of LifeStyle Channel, do they usually comment on here like that? Goes to show, eyes and ears everywhere, spooky…

10 Reality Raver { 01.08.14 at 2:17 pm }

Trent – It was a good one to see, much better then the Xmas one and better then the one that was screened at the beginning of last year. What about the bit after the judging was announced and Gretel was talking to camera and in the background Peter Morrissey was cracking up in the background? I could not stop laughing. They all looked like they were having a great time.

11 Gabby { 01.08.14 at 2:31 pm }

I know what you mean RR, after it finished I had a big silly grin on my face. It was one of those shows that grabbed you from beginning to end. Now everyone else will probably watch and go, it wasn’t that good, what are they on about?
Come on Izobel and Andrea and anyone else have you watched it yet? I am dieing to hear what you think.

12 Andrea { 01.08.14 at 3:04 pm }

Yes, I watched it, just a pity it clashed with The Bachelorette.
I love Carlotta too and I’m looking forward to the movie about her.
Gretel was great, I used to watch Beauty and The Beast also.
Her cooking skills are about the same as mine, that’s how I do apple crumble!
I really miss her on BB, wish she would return.
Were they using their real homes this time?
I believe Gabby that Lisa is travelling around Australia in a van at the moment, so that may be why she is hosting dinner in it.

13 Reality Raver { 01.08.14 at 3:20 pm }

Andrea – It looked like they were all their own houses last night. But cannot be 100% sure. But they had a lot of personal items unlike the xmas special houses.

14 Reality Raver { 01.08.14 at 3:21 pm }

One of my fave bits was when Charlie says to the other “Do you think you are a celebrity?”

15 Techhater { 01.08.14 at 3:25 pm }

Unfortunately i don’t have foxtel either and sorry that i’m missing this. It does sound fun.

I also miss Gretel on BB but have seen her a few times on Today’s Girls on the Grill. Which has made me wonder if there could be plans to bring her back. Just a thought.

Also am looking forward to “Carlotta” coming to ABC this year.
I saw her twice way back in the early 80’s. She is a great person and loved her on Beauty and the Beast.

16 Techhater { 01.08.14 at 3:34 pm }

Off topic… For those of you who’ve noticed and have commented on the reappearing banana below…

In Berlin yesterday 5 supermarkets received deliveries of bananas with large quantities of cocaine hidden in the boxes.

17 Gabby { 01.08.14 at 3:53 pm }

Andrea, yes fairly sure they were all in own homes last night.
Will have to go and see movie about Carlotta. Thanks for explanation about Lisa.
I wonder if Channel 9 would entertain the idea of bringing Gretel back to BB? Interesting idea TH, good one, I wouldn’t mind it happening. I still don’t think we will get any good BB until we get live streaming or they move it out of the PG time slot. As much as I enjoyed last years show, I missed not being able to watch it when I wanted and I hated being shown all the kiddie stuff.

18 Andrea { 01.08.14 at 4:10 pm }

That movie about Carlotta is coming to ABC later this year as Techhater has said so you will be able to see it Gabby.
That girl who was Rachael in Packed to the Rafters is playing Carlotta.
It should be good.

19 Izobel2 { 01.08.14 at 4:37 pm }

Hey Andrea, I haven’t read this thread yet as I bloody missed Come Dine with Me last night so will catch up later this week.
I wanted to ask you if you’ve watched Des’s opening night yet?
You too Mittens!
I’m watching it now. Just saw a guy get out of the car wearing a knight’s outfit, the whole Knight in shining armour gig. What will they think of next? And a guy with no shirt rocking his abs.
Just waiting for someone to read a poem…

20 mittens { 01.08.14 at 5:35 pm }

Damn, I missed it Izobel. I will look out for a replay, or dl.

21 Andrea { 01.08.14 at 5:44 pm }

It was great Izobel 2, that Jonathon guy was a real creep, poor Des.
I think I accidentally found out who she chooses when I was googling what Lindsay is doing now, damm.
Two of the names at the end I saw last night, wish I hadn’t found out as its not the same is it?
Never mind, can’t be helped, it will still be enjoyable, its looks good as the series goes on.

22 Izobel2 { 01.08.14 at 6:14 pm }

Mittens – make sure you catch a replay!!

Andrea, yeah it’s not the same when you find out the winner, but at least you can watch it closer and see the chemistry/connection between the finalists and Des.
And OMG Jonathon!! He’s like Bentley but rather than being turned on she was turned off BIG time!! Classic stuff.
Some of them are very try hard aren’t they.
I never watch the “coming up this season on the Bachelor” 20 hour preview either, as it spoils it a bit for me. I like a surprise!

And stop giving the girls long dresses, if they’re not getting torn they’re getting soaking wet from the wet ground!

23 Izobel2 { 01.10.14 at 10:42 pm }

Hey Gabby, thanks for the shout out, will chat tomorrow. Finally watched the episode, loved it!

24 Izobel2 { 01.11.14 at 6:58 pm }

OMG!!! ANYONE watch the bachelor pad finale!! Best. Ending. Ever!

25 Izobel2 { 01.13.14 at 7:40 pm }

Hi Gabby! Yes I loved this episode. How fun was Gretel. And how nice was it to see everyone getting along, I mean after all it’s for charity. That Steve guy from the Xmas special was an idiot. Wouldn’t even get dressed up or whatever. But this one was really good. And James Valentine’s voiceovers were up there with the UK voiceover dude, who is my voiceover hero!!
Even the food looked good.
Looking forward to the next one.

PS much better food than Come Date With Me. Their idea of a great dessert is getting icecream out of the freezer and crushing Tim Tams and nuts in it!!

26 Gabby { 01.13.14 at 10:48 pm }

Hi Izobel, I have been waiting for you, the Guru of Come Dine With Me Shows, to give me your opinion. So glad you enjoyed it, it really was the best, great casting. I am looking forward to tomorrow night’s show, let’s hope it is half as good and we will be in for a good one.
That Steve was a right dickhead, and you’re right James Valentine does every bit as good a job as the English guy who has been doing it for years, and whom you seem to adore soooo much.
Are you still watching Come Date With Me?

27 Izobel2 { 01.13.14 at 11:27 pm }

Yes I am! It’s a bit of fun whilst I wait for the million new reality show that will start soon! Seen every episode so far.
Chat again soon. Bachelorette and Come Dine With Me tomorrow. And US next top model and come date with me. Tuesday rocks!

28 Gabby { 01.14.14 at 12:02 am }

You go girl and enjoy them all!