Bachelor Pad Finale – Mayhem Occurs

I know a few readers on this blog are fans of Bachelor Pad and the finale recently aired and Nick decide to screw over his partner Rachel to take all the $250,000 prize money.

The catch in this show the final two have to vote to share or keep but if both decide to keep it they get nothing.

Interestingly the audience went wild with applause at his decision, however Rachel showed her displeasure.

Source: TV Tonight sourced it from News Ltd.

1 Izobel2 { 01.15.14 at 10:46 pm }

As I said on another post… Best. Ending. Ever!!!

As a mad Bachelor/ette/Pad fan, I was shocked but not surprised that Nick took all the cash! Most of the contestants said he was ‘under the radar’ and ‘didn’t deserve it’ before we found out he was going to keep the cash all to himself. Good on him I say. It’s only reality tv and no-one goes on there to share the money with people, nor does anyone ‘deserve’ $250,000!!! (not bad for 8 weeks work).
Rachel was only paired with Nick after both their partners were sent home. So nobody owed anyone anything. He was just a bit of a prick about it afterwards. Especially after Rachel had already got dumped by Michael in the first place so she was already upset.

Anyway enough raving. I mean no-one even watched this did they? Well I had a great time watching it, and it was certainly trash-tastic viewing. Because Bachelor Pad ALWAYS IS!!!

Hope we’re all still keeping cool gice.

2 mittens { 01.16.14 at 12:08 am }

I agree with you Izobel.It’s the name of the game. Not literally.

3 Gabby { 01.16.14 at 10:00 am }

I love reading your reviews Izobel, I feel as if I am right in the middle of it all. You make me smile.

4 Izobel2 { 01.16.14 at 3:24 pm }

Hey Gabby, thanks for the lovely comment. You made my day! :-)

5 Gabby { 01.16.14 at 8:50 pm }

Izobel2, Thanks to link above I was able to watch the end of Bachelor Pad, classic! I can see what you were going on about. I must watch this next series. I have never heard of this one before. Rachael was REALLY dirty wasnt she? So funny.

6 Izobel2 { 01.16.14 at 9:36 pm }

Rachel was way mad!
I’ll keep an eye out for repeats. Bachelor Pad 1 & 2 have been repeated on weekdays a few times on Go! In fact whilst Bach Pad 3 was being played on Saturday arvo’s on Go!, it was also being repeated daily last week from the first episode.
It’s good because it’s all past contestants. It’s certainly not prim & proper like the normal season, they put all the try hards, sleazy, and bitchy contestants from seasons past on there. Which makes it all the more fun! There has been a wedding proposal on the last 2 season finales too! Like you do when you’ve been dating someone in Palace Crazy for a whole 8 weeks!!

7 Andrea { 01.16.14 at 10:24 pm }

I watched the ending too Izobel, it would have been a shock for that Rachel for sure.
Were you glad that Nick kept all the money, or should he have shared it with her?
Will try to remember to watch next time, as well as The Bachelor.

8 Izobel2 { 01.16.14 at 11:16 pm }

Hey Andrea, that’s an interesting question!
In one way, if I was Rachel, I’d be sad and mad and ready to actually kill Nick after Team Bachelor Pad finished…
But…. lf you watched the whole season, he totally had a point.
He stayed out of all conflict, he let all of the others partner up and back stab each other and vote one another off, and he just sort of landed in Top 8. He called that strategy. I guess we’ll never know.

Everyone else had ‘proper’ partners with people they were in relationships with (it’s not hard to hook up in Team Pad, there was a lot of canoodling this season!)
Nick and Rachel were paired as both of their partners were sent home at Top 8.
When they were Top 6 Rachel was portrayed as a crying sad sack who just wanted her partner Michael Stagliano (and would be fiancé according to her) back as he was voted off, so she was threatening to quit every 5 seconds. Nick had to keep telling her to pull her head in as he’d be going home too if she quit. So she called Stag on the phone lots of times, and cried on Jaclyn’s shoulder.

Then it comes down to Top 6. Nick and Rachel won a challenge they had to send a couple home. So Miss Whingey Pants Rachel SENT HER BEST FRIEND JACLYN HOME (with her partner Ed) INSTEAD of sending Chris & Sarah home, who EVERYONE in the PAD hated as Chris (Mr Beady Eyes) had betrayed about 200 chicks in the house and he was totally in lust with Sarah who was a “fan” not a “favourite”.

The moral of my story is, Nick ‘betrayed’ Rachel by keeping the money and being selfish, but the week before Rachel ‘betrayed’ her best friend by sending her home rather than taking her to the final, all because she knew she’d have a better chance of beating Chris & Sarah.

I must say I was in shock but I was on Team Nick on this one. I thought he was nice on Ashley’s season.

It was very Survivor-esque. But with cleaner people.

Thanks for reading! Time for Breaking Bad.

9 Reality Raver { 01.17.14 at 1:06 am }

You guys know more about this show then me do most of them share the prize money?

10 mittens { 01.17.14 at 3:59 am }

Wow Izobel. A++ on your BB ( Bachelor of Bachelor).

11 Izobel2 { 01.17.14 at 8:21 am }

Morning RR, in the first two seasons they shared the cash, so thats another reason why everyone was so shocked!

Thanks Mittens, it’s a tough job but someone has to do it!

12 Andrea { 01.17.14 at 8:41 am }

Thanks for the explanation, it seems like Nick deserved to win then.
No one on Big Brother would share the $250000 would they, I guess its every man for himself.

13 Gabby { 01.17.14 at 8:53 am }

Great explanation Iz. Well I didn’t watch the series but going from what you said I’m glad Nick kept the money, good on him!
By the way Izobel I watch a great CDWM in Benidorm last night, it had me in fits. Some of them are right nutters.

14 Eliza { 01.27.14 at 2:51 pm }

Omg I randomly caught the end of this season and it was GOLD.. I wasn’t familiar with what had happened over the season but it sure sounded like Rachel wasn’t a great partner anyway! I would have been crushed but… Maybe she should have put effort in with him rather than just assuming he’d share even though she threatened to quit!

Bit of a delayed response..