My Kitchen Rules – The Villain’s Are Being Flagged

It looks like Channel SEVEN are not going to change their publicity strategy for the upcoming season of My Kitchen Rules. It is going to be all about the villains and like last year like vaudeville they are going to flag who they are before they even appear on stage screen. So introducing you to Chloe and Kelly.

My Kitchen Rules starting on SEVEN on 27 January.

1 applesauce { 01.17.14 at 2:16 pm }

reality check you can vote for only ONE reality show. If it is a poll to say which one are you hanging out for to start MOST, then it would be correct only being able to select one. Reality check reality watchers tend to watch more than 1 reality show. Our house will be watching my kitchen rules, the block and the biggest loser.

2 brain dead dave { 01.17.14 at 2:56 pm }

I’ve voted for Biggest Loser twice. Once here and once at the library. Reality check that.

Shine up to their tried and true tricks with their dramality schtick.

3 mittens { 01.17.14 at 3:01 pm }

I voted on my tab and my laptop.
And if I reset either I can vote again.

Ooh Doc starting.

4 Reality Raver { 01.17.14 at 11:31 pm }

Oops need to fix poll so you can vote multiple shows. Doing so now.

5 Anonymous { 01.18.14 at 11:06 am }

Here we go again.

If you are not white, middle-class and preferably male, you will be vindicated on reality television shows. History has shown that and it appears that it will be repeating itself.

6 brain dead dave { 01.18.14 at 11:27 am }

Please explain.

7 Littlepetal { 01.18.14 at 11:27 am }

Here we go again. Why must people try to make these unnecessary statements.

8 Littlepetal { 01.18.14 at 11:31 am }

BDD, you beat me to it. Much cooler for you today. The cricket was so exciting in the last few minutes.

9 Georgie { 01.18.14 at 11:36 am }

#5 – not sure of your point?

Oxford dictionary:
Vindicate [verb]
1. clear (someone) of blame or suspicion
1.1. show or prove to be right, reasonable, or justified
Example sentence – Hospital staff were vindicated by the inquest verdict.

I’m thinking you just hoisted yourself with your own petard. 😆

Littlepetal – that was the best, last 5 overs, I’ve ever seen in a ODI. I was crying laughing at the end of it.

10 brain dead dave { 01.18.14 at 11:49 am }

I don’t think you can be vindicated for not knowing what “vindicated” means.
Example sentence~ I can be vindicated for calling you a pin headed prawn playing the race card with your dubious version of “history”.

Great cricket. Even though I was barracking for England last night.
Joe Root’s inspirating “catch” could have been the greatest ever.

But Faulkner’s hitting was as good as I’ve seen in one day cricket. Two T20’s today,gice.

11 Georgie { 01.18.14 at 11:56 am }

bdd – I was sure England would win that and they should have. I was also happy for that outcome. My laughter was in disbelief and the dance duet of Faulkner and McKay after the winning shot. Yes, Joe Root’s catch was a pearler, turning a 4 into a 6 – in fact it should go down as THE alltime classic catch. 😯

12 Georgie { 01.27.14 at 9:29 pm }

Well I reckon Kelly from WA has been watching too much Summer Heights High. She thinks she’s Ja’mie King. 😕

13 Littlepetal { 01.27.14 at 9:37 pm }

Dont like the travellers, Chloe and Kelly. At this stage I am not sure about the twins. I think they just want to stir things up in a cheeky way.

At the start there is another pair of young girls. Never shown on any promo.

My guess now is that one couple from the heavily advertised promo and one couple not seen in the promo will be the final 2.

I dont remember seeing the sausage couple in last year promo for MKR.

14 mittens { 01.27.14 at 9:41 pm }

After last year my expectations of MKR are so low that I am thinking we can only go up from there. Let’s hope.
Not on here yet.

15 brain dead dave { 01.27.14 at 10:10 pm }

Kelly’s travelled a long way …up her own arse.

Her and “I don’t like cheese, I love it” Chloe are kind of ageist. Those Greek girls have got them sussed.

Zat steak…eet was too rare for me, gice. Manu’s sores fetish is becoming a source of great amusement, no?

16 Georgie { 01.27.14 at 10:20 pm }

SA Deb’s facelift seems a tad tight – gives her a look of perpetual surprise. I think the poly filler had lumps in it as well.

Anyway, maybe she can cook?

17 Littlepetal { 01.27.14 at 10:20 pm }

BDD, now you sound like Nadal, no?

The travellers forgot this show is call My Kitchen Rules. We don’t have fine dining every night. Looking forward to see them fail

18 Techhater { 01.27.14 at 10:34 pm }

Georgie Deb seems to us as a cross between Angela Bishop and Prue McSween.

19 Andrea { 01.27.14 at 10:39 pm }

I did hear the words “laban cheese” about 50 times in that episode.

Yes Techhater, she does look like a cross between those two women! Good call.

20 mittens { 01.27.14 at 10:40 pm }

OMG 20 seconds in and they have already thrown out every MKR cliché ever overused in the history of MKR.
If these guys can’t cover the multitude of bad TV clichés with some cooking, I doubt if I will be able to watch. Lazy, lazy, lazy writers. Create some new clichés. Please.

21 brain dead dave { 01.27.14 at 10:45 pm }

I thought Deb had a bit of Mrs Slocombe in her ,too. I bet her and Pops can cook without having to crow about going to 42 countries tasting the nuances of croquettes. It probably takes may years to develop a well rounded culinary palate.

Kelly keeps baring her teeth like a supermodel posing. I guess she learned that from hyenas when she was travelling in Africa.

48hrs on One at 10.30 tonight.

22 Georgie { 01.27.14 at 10:46 pm }

I agree on Prue Techhater. Angela might be being a bit too kind though. 😆

Yes bdd, I can see Mrs Slocombe. I wonder if she has a cat?

23 mittens { 01.27.14 at 10:51 pm }

Thanks BDD. Rec is already set for 48 hours.
Littlepetal have you ever cooked wit labna (sp?)

24 Littlepetal { 01.27.14 at 10:57 pm }

mittens-I am not a cheese person. Can only eat mild cheeses. Blue cheese will be too much for me.

25 Littlepetal { 01.27.14 at 10:59 pm }

What I like about Mr and Mrs Cheese is that the kitchen is so tidy during cooking. Not much mess. They look like a lovely couple.

26 mittens { 01.27.14 at 11:12 pm }

I liked that they looked smart and clean and they didn’t have to rush of and get dolled up.

It looks like we might actually (fingers crossed) get to see some cooking at last.

So far Mr and Mrs Cheese seem OK.

27 Techhater { 01.27.14 at 11:18 pm }

BDD Good call. But what is the end result with a cross between Angela Bishop, Prue McSween AND Mrs Slocombe???!!?!?

Has anybody seen my pussy?

28 mittens { 01.27.14 at 11:28 pm }

The girl that said cheese makes her gag looks like Kendal from Super Fun Night.

I’d eat that entrée without the honey.

29 all happening { 01.27.14 at 11:49 pm }

MKR is back thank goodness. I didn’t mind any of the dishes but all 3 in one meal would have been too much cheese.
Andrew and friend just plain annoying me already.

30 mittens { 01.27.14 at 11:57 pm }

Yeah, all happening, I’m not a fan of the thrice cooked cheese or like last year mashed potato and fish for every course.
But overall, I think the food looked pretty appetising. And makes me want to get into the kitchen. Could MKR be back on track?

31 cuisinaire { 01.28.14 at 12:32 am }

Labne.

32 mittens { 01.28.14 at 12:45 am }

Thankyou, cuisinaire. I have never heard of it before.

33 brain dead dave { 01.28.14 at 12:58 am }

Can be called Labneh, too? Low fat , low cholesterol. Never heard of it,either. Popular in the Middle East,apparently ~ and with Mr and Mrs Cheese’s staff

I’ll be Labnehed if I can find any at Coles tomorrow.

34 Zhee { 01.28.14 at 1:09 am }

Labneh is quite tasty, you can get it quite easy in France or Germany. As far as I know you can make it easly yourself by cooking simple yoghurt with milk and lemon juice and then string it properly.

The older lady totally reminds me of a chubbier Bette Middler. Oh, and Pete looks a bit healthier and less like Skeletor this year (and less toasted).

The first cooking couple, like them. Menu sounded yummy and I don’t understand the critique from those wannabe Barbies for it being to simple. Cheese everywhere, can’t be wrong I guess. But I just started watching the episode. Maybe I’ll be shocked at the end. 😀

35 mittens { 01.28.14 at 2:14 am }

Thanks Zhee, it sounds yum….. Stringy cheese.

36 Techhater { 01.28.14 at 2:23 am }

Zhee Desi agrees that Deb was like Bette.

But Ooh La La Those eyebrows. Quelle surpriz!!!!!!

37 Zhee { 01.28.14 at 2:31 am }

It’s in French only, but Google Chrome offers a translation of the website if needed: http://www.la-recette-de-cuisine.com/recettes-basiques/recette-labne.html

Had it in my bookmarks for a few months now, never tried it. But I was looking to have a thick yoghurt which would be perfect for a tzatziki sauce.

38 Techhater { 01.28.14 at 2:44 am }

Zhee Looks like you and i are the only 2 awake. My grand fatber owned a delicatessan when he was alive and Labneh was a staple. You’re absolutely right for it in Tzatziki. Mmmmmmmm delicious. Brings back many memories.

39 Zhee { 01.28.14 at 2:53 am }

I am awake as it is only 5 pm in France, meaning early evening (not morning, edit here^^). That’s why I had finished watching the first MKR ep a few minutes ago. 😉
Fortunately you get lots of Middle Eastern food in France, best thing is also being away from Paris about 40 minutes, you can get everything in Paris. Also most supermarkets here are incredibly well stocked with beautiful fresh food and products from all over the world. The French surely love to eat.

Oh, btw, when I visited my sister in Germany we went to an all Australian restaurant. Ate Baramundi for the first time in my life. Was a bit expensive but I have never seen Baramundi before in Europe. They also had Kangaroo steak etc. The fish was quite tasty but fattier than salmon. :)

40 Techhater { 01.28.14 at 3:02 am }

It’ 2am in the morning here. Lately i’m not sleeping well so it ‘s lovely to have someone to have to chat to.
It must be awesome to have such wonderful markets so close by. I live in a remote part of Australia where the nearest town is 125klm away. The gteat thing is my sons hunt fresh wild goat and kangaroo for us, which are both fantastic to eat. The downside is being so remote all ingredients are not readily available.

41 Zhee { 01.28.14 at 3:08 am }

Cannot imagine to live so far away from a city. I grew up in a small village but the town was only 5 km away, and the bigger ones about 30. But then again, you don’t find many areas here without having a bigger town near you. On the other hand, you don’t have space for hunting, fishing is possible at least. :)

42 Techhater { 01.28.14 at 3:19 am }

I grew up near Sydney and we moved here 8 years ago. I really do love it. The river is only 1/2 a klm from our house and my sons caught some beautiful silver perch for dinner last week. We may not have all the city conveniences but you can’t beat the array of fresh produce so readily available.

43 Zhee { 01.28.14 at 3:40 am }

I think that sounds lovely. When I was younger I thought Australia is a strikingly beautiful country (although too much sun for my taste). I found it prettier than the US. I can still remember my English book telling us: 14 million inhabitants and 21 million sheep. 😛

44 Techhater { 01.28.14 at 3:45 am }

HaHa where i live used to be sheep country now it’s more cattle than sheep but still quite a few about. Australian population about 22 million our town 120 including children.

45 Zhee { 01.28.14 at 4:21 am }

The book is about 30 years old now (it was ancient when I was in 7th grade^^). So I guess that you now might have more inhabitants than sheep. :) And 120 people… wow. That’s not much. How’s it working with school etc?

46 Techhater { 01.28.14 at 4:34 am }

I’m in my 50’s and all my children have finished school. There’s a primary school here with about 15 children. For secondary school it’s boarding school. The nearest one is 125 klm away and they board weekly or they go to the city and board for the term. Not a lot of work but we’re lucky.

47 Zhee { 01.28.14 at 5:03 am }

Hmm, okay, that’s fine. Small classes are better anyways. We usually have classes with 25 or 30 pupils. But I think that’s pretty common in bigger towns and cities.