The New Bachelor In The USA Is Creating Controversy About His Comments About Gay’s

juan

First there was Mr Redneck from Duck Dynasty and now the new star of just started series of The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis,Β is making controversial homophobic comments.

The NY Daily reports he has called them perverts and thinks they should not be allowed on dating reality TV shows as it might harm the children.

After he realised that what he said was inappropriate he back pedalled and blamed the comments on english being his second language. He is from Venezuaela

The NY Daily writes:

“I respect them, but I don’t think it is a good example for kids to watch that on TV,”Β he told The TV PageΒ in an interview Friday.

The former Venezuelan soccer star is currently promoting the show and opened up about his objections about the hit reality TV dating show featuring same-sex couples.

“You have to respect everybody’s desires and way of living,” he said. “But it would be too hard for TV.”

The 32-year-old hottie, who was previously a contestant on “The Bachelorette” added, “There’s this thing about gay people — it seems to be, I don’t know if I’m mistaken or not — I have a lot of friends like that, but they’re more pervert in a sense.”

Juan who has previously been on The Bachelorette is the first non-anglo guy to be The Bachelor. He is also the father of a four year old.
US television has had some controversy surrounding homophobic comments on reality TV in the past 12 months. First there Big Brother USA and then the dad, Phil Robertson, from Duck Dynasty dropped some clangers and there is an interesting article in The Wrap questioning what Networks should do when their stars make comments like this.

1 daisy { 02.14.14 at 7:58 pm }

Looks like there are two new snakes in the grass on B&B, A big black cobra and a sneaky little red viper. Team Donna.

2 daisy { 02.14.14 at 7:59 pm }

Oh no. Donna is going to get pushed from a building.

3 Bonnie { 02.18.14 at 10:02 pm }

What a bunch of losers.

4 Anonymous { 02.24.14 at 3:56 pm }

Heads up chicks, looks like it may be a double ep tomorrow of our Des. That’s four hours of greatness!

5 daisy { 02.24.14 at 4:06 pm }

Yay, thanks 104. I’m nervous about Brooks back-pedalling.

6 Izobel2 { 02.24.14 at 4:14 pm }

That was me Miss Daisy. Yep me too. He was the front runner from the beginning for sure.
I reckon Zak will go home tomorrow night.
Drew is cute, even though he looks 5 years old.
Wonder if Chris will crack out the poetry for the 400th time!

7 Andrea { 02.24.14 at 4:18 pm }

Thanks for that Izobel, I didn’t know it was a double episode, can’t wait for the home visits .

8 Izobel2 { 02.24.14 at 4:34 pm }

I could do without seeing Des’s brother again. But AS IF they’d leave him out of the show! Ratings gold I guess!
I mean if Des was sooo shocked and dismayed at what happened last season, she would’ve told Brother Pain in the A#$e to move out of town for the week!

9 michelle26 { 02.24.14 at 4:34 pm }

I find Brooks creepy – clearly I’m alone on that one…
Glad to see The Interrogator go last week. Could you imagine having an argument with him. He’d always have to be right.
Undecided about Zak; and Drew maybe could relax a bit and take things less emotionally. Man up!

10 michelle26 { 02.24.14 at 4:36 pm }

Oh yeah – Des’s brother pops up again tomorrow. What a d*ck! I seriously would not let him anywhere near this process.

11 daisy { 02.26.14 at 1:28 am }

Well Michelle26, I am just starting Brookes’ home visit. Your instincts might be right.
Do you think he’s a player?

I thought Zac’s family were lovely, or ‘amazing’ as they say on the Bach/ette. I thought Drew was cute and his family were OK.
But I thought Chris’s family were scary. “Aahhh, no Chris’s dad, I don’t want you rubbing your hands over my taught young body”.
Lucky he didn’t want to poke the thing up her nose too.
And is Chris mad letting the cameras up his nostrils? I saw boogs.
😳

12 daisy { 02.26.14 at 1:46 am }

I liked Brook’s family too.

Still liking Brooks but I wish he’d stop being so cautious and a mummy’s boy. It’s OK to love your mum, but not too much.

Now we have to endure Des’s stupid brother.

13 daisy { 02.26.14 at 1:52 am }

How did such a lovely girl like Des have such an arrogant w***er for a brother.
What is his problem? Is this a case of ‘brotherly LOVE and he doesn’t want anyone else to have what he can’t?

14 daisy { 02.26.14 at 2:14 am }

Oh damn. I am so jealous. Why do we all have to live so far apart?
I want to throw a Bach Party.

Which bach person would you wish was there?

15 Andrea { 02.26.14 at 8:26 am }

A couple of those boys are going to get their hearts broken but I think she chose the right one.
I worry about Drew, he is very emotional, and Zak was too, he seemed genuinely shocked at the end.
I still think the families have a lot to do with the decision, as in the case of Sean with Des’s brother, he definitely didn’t want anything to do with her after that!
My two sons are definitely not mummy’s boys, they love me I’m sure, but we are not a touchy feely family, talking about emotions and stuff.
It was a bit creepy for the chiropractor thing, they must have asked for Des’s permission to do that in front of the cameras.That nose thing looked revolting, I’ve never seen that before!

16 daisy { 02.28.14 at 12:07 am }

In the latest promo, the photo of Des looks like Katy Holmes.

17 michelle26 { 02.28.14 at 2:44 pm }

I still can’t get on board with Brooks – I think he’s just too soft. Man up a bit.
I did feel for Zak but did think this was his week.
The Men Tell All ep – love how they are just as bitchy as women.
Can’t wait for next week.

18 Izobel2 { 02.28.14 at 4:14 pm }

Yes Michelle26 there’s something funny about Brooks… if you don’t like Des then just leave… something weird with him. Maybe that’s what all the tears are about next week. I didn’t watch the ‘coming up next part’, just saw that it had tears everywhere.

I felt sorry for poor old Zak too, he was truly in love with Des, as truly in love as one can be after knowing someone for 6 weeks and meeting up with them like 4 times!

Men Tell All episode = Juan Can’t Believe He Didn’t Get More Airtime During The Season How Hot Is He No Wonder He’s The Bachelor Pablo……
Bring on next Season, and thanks to Go! it might start in a fortnight.
Ah the simple things in life that make me happy!!

Andrea – agree the Chiro thing was a bit much. Reminded me of that Shawntel chick that was an embalmer at a morgue and she took her Bachelor date there.

Daisy – oh having the Bach/ette’s drop in on our Bach party would be fabulous! I’d settle for just JP rocking up, the lucky ducks. And Bentley, just to kiss him then send him on his way. And Kacie B so I could tell her she was so pretty.
Michael Stagliano, Ryan from Ashley’s season.
Who would you like to see? The Mask? The fifty shades of Grey chick? The fang chick? Courtney? Ben F? Constantine?
Geez better go do some work!

19 daisy { 02.28.14 at 4:28 pm }

Bella, I’d probaby go Ashley H. She seemed fun. No villains but may e a Courtney dart board, and a Juan Pablo pin the tail on game.

20 Izobel2 { 02.28.14 at 5:08 pm }

Oh yeah Juan. Pablo. Please. He has to attend the party πŸ˜‰

PS Clanger of a Dr Phil today…

21 daisy { 02.28.14 at 5:20 pm }

I’ll watch tonight, Izobel. On tbe way home from Perth atm.
Will pick up A & L from school and go find somewhere nice for arvo tea.
Good bye pram.sad emo.

22 daisy { 03.05.14 at 1:28 am }

Poor Des :(

23 Andrea { 03.05.14 at 8:51 am }

What is wrong with Brooks to wait so long to tell Des “he’s just not that into her?” He’s commitment phobic, one day he might regret his decision.
However, Chris and Drew really love her and at least one of them is going to feel really hurt just like she was with Brooks, and they would make great husbands for her.
I’m not sure how she could spend the night in the Fantasy suites with those two as well as Brooks if she would have had the chance.
How could you pretend to have those feelings for all three of them? They all think Des loves them madly, she sure acts like it with them.
I can’t wait to see all the bachelors return, and see if she is still with the one she chose at the end.

24 michelle26 { 03.05.14 at 2:29 pm }

If I were Chris or Drew I would be pissed to hear that she’s given her heart to Brooks and dragged them along for the ride. At least that’s what it feels like.
I think Brooks really wanted it – I don’t think he knows himself yet & he recognizes that.
I’m expecting that she won’t accept a proposal but a commitment

25 daisy { 03.06.14 at 12:47 pm }

Yeah. What a mess. I wonder what the guy she chooses thinks seeing this.
Maybe they are so into her they will be happy to win by default.

Is Brooks gay and doesn’t know it?
Is he just a mommy’s boy and didn’t get enough green light?
Is be just a commitment-phobe?
Would he be “further along” had he not been sharing.
Is he just spoilt for choice?
How close was he to runing back to the jetty and saying, “I take it all back?”
Will he regret it?
Is he actually a love rat.

26 Izobel2 { 03.06.14 at 10:50 pm }

Oh I totally agree with you all!! How long and sad was the final goodbye between the Butler and the sad lady…
I love all of your questions Miss Daisy.
I wonder if he was close to running back.
And how could Des tell us how IN LOVE with Brooks she was, now it makes it look weird if Drew or Chris actually proposes.
I think i’m the only one of us that doesn’t actually know who proposes. I still don’t know who it’ll be. Part of me thinks Drew.
Michelle, if it’s a commitment ring that’ll be a bit of a let down!

I think once Brooks watches it back he’ll think, what a loser I am…, I had her at hello…

My husband thinks Brooks is insane to turn down Des.
I think he got his knickers in a twist because he had to share her, and it turned him off that she was fraternising with the other blokes.

I hope as soon as it finishes that the following week we get to see Juan. Pablo. Juan Pablo.

27 daisy { 03.07.14 at 12:25 pm }

And B&INTM fans, keep an eye out on Ch 11 on either this Sat or next. A new season begins in the afternoons.

28 daisy { 03.07.14 at 4:16 pm }

B&B fans, and non fans, there is a guy called The Clarence who spoofs it on You Tube. It’s a funny rendition.

29 michelle26 { 03.07.14 at 4:22 pm }

I think Brooks is gay and the doesn’t want to admit to it. But he’s a decent enough guy to not have her as his beard.
I did think he would run back to her on that jetty – I’m glad he didn’t – that would have just been cruel for Des.

30 daisy { 03.07.14 at 5:03 pm }

Michelle, I am thinking there are a string of women who have been “I like you butted” by the Butler.

I reckon his mum would have maintained an iron fisted grip on her son. What sort of woman calls her son Brooks. It sounds like the name of the butler in the Laurie and Fry comedy.

31 daisy/no spoiler { 03.12.14 at 2:32 am }

Ouch, ouch, ouch. I feel the pain.

Too many broken hearts this season. Too sad. When it get’s like this I always think I can never watch again.

But damn Des has worn some beautiful clothes. I love the beautiful pants and top she wore on the beach with Drew.

I think Juan P isn’t the only one of these guys who would make a good Bach. But not indecisive Brooks.
He’d be a waste of time.

32 daisy { 03.12.14 at 2:50 am }

Wow, Des is amazing being so open and vulnerable.

Oh and the red topped dress with the red necklace. She wears the kind of clothes I like.

33 Izobel2 { 03.12.14 at 1:01 pm }

Very real emotions last night. Won’t chat til you’ve all watched it.

Juan Pablo is causing a few more issues in Bachelor land. It may be the Most Controversial Season Yet.

34 daisy { 03.13.14 at 2:45 am }

Yeah, JP was acting a bit loopy last night. Maybe it was just nerves. Also he said I want a mother for my daughter, not I want a wife, lover and friend. Eeeeh.
He might be a bit chauvy too.

I think I would have preferred the runner up as Bach. Won’t say who in case some haven’t seen.

I googled very carefully so as not to see anything on JP. Des and her pick are still together and engaged.

35 Andrea { 03.14.14 at 10:05 am }

I loved the ending and thought Des and ? looked perfect together. Apparently they are getting married in June. Some reports I read said that Des couldn’t possibly have gotten over Brooks in a day or so and suddenly realised who she had truly loved all along.
I believe her when she said that she had been blindsided by Brooks and didn’t know she had found the right one for her from the start, he was always there for her.
He seems like a great guy for her in my opinion.
Sean and Catherine are married now too, I wonder if it will last?

Not that interested in seeing JP either, he’s too much of a player. I would have preferred the runner up on the Bachelorette as well instead of him.

36 daisy { 03.14.14 at 11:23 pm }

We didn’t see real time. I am guessing producers gave Des time to get herself together. I think she is such a likeable girl and the host obviously likes her so I think they might have looked after her and gave her time.

Also it would be in their favour to halt filming a little to let Des get over Brooks.
Again, the runner up would have made a much nicer Bach than JP.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Leslie back as Bachette. I liked her and she looks like a young Mira Sorvino. Lyndsay was nice and genuine too genuine too.

Seems like JP might have been better suited to the racy Bach Pad.

37 michelle26 { 03.15.14 at 9:55 pm }

Daisy, I think JP (not to be confused with Ashley’s JP) would have been much better suited to Bach Pad too.
I’m so glad Des is happy – they seem to make a great couple.
I believe the next Bachette is from JP’s series.

38 daisy { 03.15.14 at 11:02 pm }

Hi Michelle, no definitely not to be confused with cute JP. I had my fingers crossed for JP in Ashey’s season.

Des was my favourite Bachette ever. Probably then Ashley H.

Maybe they should get Ari back to be a Bach.