Survivor Cagayan Cast Announced

GALLERY

The new Survivor for the Cagayan – Brains, Brawn and Beauty has been announced.

There are three tribes broken up in you guessed by the three ‘B’s. The idea apparently came from the casting director after they had cast that they could break it up into these tribes.

As expected there are former sportsmen and beauty pageant contestants but no Nobel Prize recipients but there is a nuclear engineer in there.

The cast is:

Beauty Team – Solana (Purple)

Alexis Maxwell

Boston, Mass.
Horse Trainer

Morgan McLeod
Age: 21
San Jose, Calif.
Ex-NFL Cheerleader

Brains Tribe – Luzon (Aqua)

David Samson

St. Louis, Mo.
Accountant/Ex-NFL Cheerleader

Spencer Bledsoe
Age: 21
Chicago, Ill.
Student

Brawn Tribe – Aparrl (Orange)

Cliff Robinson

Needham, Mass.
Pilates Instructor

Yung “Woo” Hwang
Age: 29
Newport Beach, Calif.
Martial Arts Instructor

Survivor Cagayan premieres end of February.

1 Techhater { 01.25.14 at 11:02 am }

A poker player with brains. HMMMMMMM

Garrett Adelstein played poker from 2008-2011. Total earnings $122,766 (that’s about $40,000 a year)

Highest ranking – 436th in 2008
Last ranking – 3,797th in 2011

……..and he’s considered to be ” Brainy”

Maybe he decided to get a real job and that’s why he’s in the “Brains” team.

And a hair-stylist with brawn. Don’t think i’d want them doing my hair.

I’ll reserve judgement until Survivor starts.

2 Techhater { 01.25.14 at 11:27 am }

Garrett lists his hobbies as :- Body-building, Alcohol, Psychology and Cinema.

He is certainly eye-candy. Still not sure he’s on the right team. He seems to believe his math skills and 50 hours of yoga, among other things will give him the edge to win. Although i do like his honesty when asked why he went on Survivor. He said to win the million so he can impress the girls in LA.

He’ll certainly be an interesting competitor.

3 Carole { 01.25.14 at 2:59 pm }

This should be an interesting season. I really hope GO continue to fast track it from the US.

Amazing Race starts around the same time, I doubt 7 will do the same with 7Two or 7Mate. They didn’t last time, by the time we got the finale it had aired in the US about a month earlier. They need to get their act together and take a leaf out of 9’s book.

4 Techhater { 01.25.14 at 5:11 pm }

Carole i totally agree about 7 network. It would be great if they encored their shows like 9 & 10 networks.

5 Andrea { 01.25.14 at 7:05 pm }

This should be interesting, 3 teams, and all new faces thank goodness.
I think they have done the returning player bit to death.

6 Stella { 01.25.14 at 7:56 pm }

Has this Survivor season aired in the US yet, does anyone know?

7 Techhater { 01.25.14 at 8:50 pm }

Stella My understanding is that it will be fast-tracked like last season.

8 Stella { 01.25.14 at 9:08 pm }

Thankyou Techhater.

9 Rose { 01.26.14 at 8:10 am }

Checking in from the frozen northeast of America. Missed you guys.
Just thought I would point out that for some crazy reason Rugby is being shown on national tv, following a program on deciding the US Olympic team. They mentioned the New Zealand team and showed that Australia was the top in their group.

I have to say that this is crazy . There is less interest in rugby than their is in soccer in the US. I have no idea why NBC would broadcast this. But, it made me think of you lovely commenters on this site.

Where I live it is predicted to snow slowly but continuously pretty much all weekend with a little break in between. The windchill is sub-zero, even at 4 in the afternoon.

Enjoy your sun and your beaches!! I’m jealous!!

10 Rose { 01.26.14 at 8:14 am }

@ Stella: survivor won’t air until after the Olympics. The Olympic coverage dominates the evening TV schedule. Other networks don’t want to compete with the Olympics.

The premiere in the US will be a two- hour episode starting Wednesday February 26th.

11 Rose { 01.26.14 at 8:29 am }

Apparently the all blacks of New Zealand are world famous? They are getting a lot of attention on the show. They are going to play Fiji. It’s pretty bewildering to see this on tv in the US. They are constantly reviewing the rules because they no the audience has no grasp of even the most basic rules.

The all blacks demonstrated a scrum. Lol.

12 Izobel2 { 01.26.14 at 8:42 am }

Hi Rose! As soon as I saw u had commented I had to say hello!
Another hot week coming up in South Australia with 3 days over 40! Off to the beach tomorrow.
This season of Survivor should be interesting. I’m with u Andrea, I’m over returning players.

13 Andrea { 01.26.14 at 9:05 am }

Hi Rose, thanks for the info about Survivor returning.
You would be watching Ruby Union over there as opposed to Rugby League as my husband tells me.
They are two separate games.
I can’t imagine how cold it must be for you, it is so hot here and we are desperate for rain.
Its also Australia Day here today. ( 26th Jan )

14 Gabby { 01.26.14 at 11:13 am }

Hi Rose, welcome back. Do not envy your weather, sorry. We are hot as you have been told, but give me heat any day over cold. I suppose it’s what you have grown up with.
Hey Iz and Andrea, where have you been? Did you watch our Come Dine WM show? Another good one. Only one to go. I’m going to miss it. I hope they have new Australian series of non celebs ready to go.
PS. Did anyone watch Meet the Frockers?

15 mittens { 01.26.14 at 12:33 pm }

Hi Rose. You poor thing. I hate winter, even here where a bitterly cold day is when the max is about 15 degrees C. We don’t have snow.

I don’t know how you guys do it; having to deal with frost and snow, and having to wear piles of clothes. On the news I heard your eyeballs can freeze in the US atm. Is that true?

I watched “Frozen” with my granddaughter the other day. How’s that movie going in the US right now?

In a few years I hope to have all-year summer and live in Malaysia for 2 months every year and eat mangoes. I suppose a few people there have headed to Florida or LA.

16 Izobel2 { 01.26.14 at 7:38 pm }

Hi Gabby! Watching CDWM Australia now as I got hooked again on the Bachelorette on Tuesday night so had to wait til now to see it.
Husband is at Adelaide Oval watching the cricket. Kids are with Nan. So it’s just me and CDWM.
Maria Venutti is 72?? How fun would it be to open your door and not know who to expect!

17 rose { 01.27.14 at 12:06 am }

Thanks for all the sweet replies. I don’t know the kinds of Rugby. These were national teams. They had 7 players.

I guess your eyeball could freeze but they warn about any exposed skin. So don’t go out without gloves, hat,scarf. We are trapped with this polar vortex that usually goes out across Scandinavia being pulled down into the US. We are going to set a record of days in a row of temperature never getting above freezing. The funny thing is that the Super bowl ( do you get that in Australia?) is in New York (really new jersey but the stadium is of a New York team). For years they have had it in warm southern states. This year it is going to be extremely cold.

The movie Frozen has been very popular here!

I hope you all had a wonderful Australia day.

18 Gabby { 01.27.14 at 12:38 pm }

Izo2 Maria is great for her age, she has an excellent pair of legs. I’d kill for them! It was a good show. So far the first show was the best, this one second and the second is coming in third. I hope the last show is a good’un.
I hope you enjoyed your peace.

19 Izobel2 { 01.27.14 at 3:54 pm }

I agree with that order Gabby.
Spent the day at the beach. Now I’m home I’m spending the afternoon with the sand… 😉

20 Techhater { 01.27.14 at 8:25 pm }

Hey Rose Welcome back. I don’t know how you do it. We moved to outback Queensland because cold weather really plays up with my circulatory system. The coldest it gets here is the need to put a pair of socks on. LOL But true.

21 Survivor Brawn V Brain V Beauty To Be Fastracked On GO | reality ravings { 02.18.14 at 12:03 am }

[…] For full details on the cast see this previous blog post here. […]