So You Think You Can Dance Australia Kicks Off Sunday February 9 On TEN

Screen shot 2014-01-26 at 2.13.06 PM

One of the much anticipated reality shows this year is So You Think You Cand Australia and it is kicking off the year for TEN with a start date of Sunday 9 February.

After a few years hiatus the dance show is back with new judges including Paula Abdul who hopefully will not babble on too much. Jason Gilkison is also on the panel along with Aaron Cash and Shannon Holtzapffel. Carrie Bickmore is the host.

It appears the judges come in to decide who goes through on the top 100 week where there will be a week of workshops and dance-offs that are full of tears of joy. As the producers who were the ones who decided who went through to this there appears to be no audition episodes, but still expect a lot of back stories.

The top 100 will be culled to the top twenty dancers for the live shows.

So You Think You Can Danc Australia starting on Sunday February 9 at 6.30pm and then Monday 10 February at 7.30pm.

1 Littlepetal { 01.26.14 at 3:43 pm }

I am not too sure with the start date. Ten is having Sochi Live from 7.30pm each night while the Winter Olympics is on.

2 Littlepetal { 01.26.14 at 3:55 pm }

Correction #1.

Ch10 has changed the programming. Its correct. SYTYCD is on from 7.30pm on Sun and Mon. TBL will be on from 7.30pm on Tue, Wed and Thurs.

I am not happy with chop and change on the air time for TBL.

3 zee { 01.26.14 at 5:25 pm }

Looking forward to this, but Monday night is already busy with MKR and The Block. I think I’ll record those and watch Dance.

4 Izobel2 { 01.26.14 at 7:22 pm }

Yay yay, LOVE my SYTYCD!

I will have to tape The Block and MKR & MKR and watch Dance. Can’t believe we’ve had what feels like 6 months with almost zero on tv and now we have 300 shows that I have to shuffle around to watch. Darn you ratings period!!

Thanks Littlepetal @2.

5 Gabby { 01.26.14 at 7:58 pm }

Is The Block starting this week too?

6 Izobel2 { 01.26.14 at 8:08 pm }

Tomorrow Gabby! Get your record button ready!

I hope Shelley doesn’t annoy me too much this year, and I hope they don’t have too much rubbish filler crap and challenges either.
Otherwise it’ll be back to recording Sunday nights only again for me!!

Watching CDWM Gab, how much fun are Matthew Mitcham & Maria?!?! How much boob talk too!

7 mittens { 01.26.14 at 8:37 pm }

Bella, what’s your top 3 in order.
I think mine might be BB, then BNTM, then US Bach/ette.
After that probably Survivor and AR. I do like CA too.

I also like the Voice and the dancing shows. I’m watching US idol too.

8 Izobel2 { 01.26.14 at 8:45 pm }

Ooh that’s a tough one Mittens!
Right at this moment I think US Bachelorette, MKR & Masterchef.
But I have about a Top 20 that includes The Voice, Americas Next Top Model, BNTM, CDWM, Survivor, Celebrity Apprentice, SYTYCD, Big Brother, X Factor (but don’t love it to bits), US Idol (I’ve missed this weeks ep but i’ll get it on catchup).

Geez maybe I shoulda just said what I DON’T watch!!
Australia’s Got Talent… The Shire, Jersey Shore, Dancing With The Stars, Kardashians… That’s about it!

9 mittens { 01.26.14 at 9:04 pm }

And that doesn’t even count Phil and Judy. BTW did you see her tell Byrd of for laughing at the terrible dog breeder.

Now I have also gotten into watching the new sci-fi series, black mirror and orphan black, plus the true crime show 48 hours. I didn’t have a summer lull in viewing. I hope MKR and MC are way better than they were last year.

I have fallen behind on USTM. Was Bianca chosen to come back? I didn’t think she should have been booted so early.

10 mittens { 01.26.14 at 9:13 pm }

And I forgot Celebrity Apprentice and If You are The one.

11 Izobel2 { 01.26.14 at 9:23 pm }

Oh yes I saw Byrd get told off. Byrd “cause it was funny”, Judy “no it wasn’t”..

I hope MKR & MC are better than last year too!

To tell you the truth I didn’t really have a lul in viewing either, thanks to the Bachelor/ette/Pad & Next Top Model shows.
I never remember about IYATO but enjoy it when I watch it.

They chose one girl to come back but it wasn’t Bianca. It was a big red haired chick. And they chose a bloke too but it cut to the end and I think we find out this week. Phil was booted (he who looks like Jesus and is a bit of a crazy dude) and it may be him coming back I reckon.
PS I’m still scared of Kelly Cutrone.

12 Gabby { 01.26.14 at 10:02 pm }

Izobel2 my dear girl, that was a fun show last week, loved it. They all got on so well together even though they seemed an unlikely bunch. Catch you through the week.
School back this week? You will have a busy one!

13 mittens { 01.26.14 at 10:29 pm }

Yeah, Kelly seems quite hostile.

14 Izobel2 { 01.26.14 at 11:52 pm }

Hey Gab,just picked up the husband and the dad from the cricket and dropped them home.
Yep, one day til school starts. Daughter 1 is in year 2, daughter 2 starts kindy so it’s just me and my funky boy at home now, he’s 2.5! Yep chat through the week during the 50 shows! Yay can’t wait!

15 Reality Raver { 01.27.14 at 12:20 am }

Little Petal – TEN is going from Sochi from 8.30pm each night and also a wrap up at 6pm. I think also they are having a nightly wrap up at 6.00pm.

Izobel2 – My Master 5 is starting school this year!

16 Gabby { 01.27.14 at 12:30 pm }

Iz, what a wonderful little family you have. How do you find the time to watch all those shows? I know, it’s called FEMALE management. We do it all because we have to. Good on you. Make the most of your three gorgeous children, they don’t stay young for long. Once they hit school the time flies. It will be lovely to have one on one with your wee boy, he will love it too.
Good luck to you and RR with your little ones starting school, hope they settle in well. Big time in their lives and their mum and dad’s.

17 Eliza { 01.27.14 at 2:30 pm }

After months of watching shows online because I’m too impatient to wait for them to be shown here (I’m looking at you ch7 and Downton Abby..), I’m with you Izobel2, there is just TOO much on! I’m not sure I have the stamina for it anymore, let alone if I had kids too.. I don’t know how you all do it haha

I’m looking forward to this though.. Esp glad Jason Gilkison is a full time judge this year!