My Kitchen Rules – Kelly’s Into Clean Eating Because Of Attention Deficit Disorder

chloe and kelly

Kelly has revealed she suffers from Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and that one of the things she has in common with her MKR team mate is organic, clean eating. Chloe has a seven year old son with food intolerances.

The told WA Today they  want to teach parents about cutting out food additives and colourings and they want to use the show’s prize money to open a community-oriented cafe to teach its customers about healthy eating. Not sure where the triple cheese brie and truffle oil fits into this philosophy.

I wonder if they ate any of the lollipops at the Canberra team’s instant restaurant, if so it might have seen Kelly become quite lively indeed.

In the article they revealed they knew viewers were either going to love them or hate them.

The article states:

People are either going to love us or hate us and I don’t think there’s going to be any middle ground with us,”  Chloe said.

“We just had a lot of fun, we were ourselves and had a few drinks around the table.”

The pair watched the previous season “religiously” and were aware they might become this season’s love-to-hate cooks, but ignored advice to play nice.

“My mum especially was like ‘Don’t be mean, don’t say any nasty stuff, just be nice about the food’,” Kelly said.

“And I was like ‘Well no, I’m not going on to My Kitchen Rules and pretend to like food when I don’t like it, just to be nice’.

“We were just ourselves – some people really hammed it up, other people were mute or didn’t say what they actually thought.”

Chloe and Kelly are the last of the teams to cook and expect that episode to be a ratings bonanza for SEVEN.

My Kitchen Rules on SEVEN 7.30pm Wednesday night.

Photo: OK Mag

1 daisy { 01.29.14 at 1:59 pm }

Interesting RR, I’ll keep that in mind when they are mouthing off now.

2 all happening { 01.29.14 at 2:16 pm }

Sounds like a bit each way. If you don’t like us with our world travel and scintillating personalities, you will feel sorry for us because of food intolerance. Hello Daisy, good to see you here.

3 Littlepetal { 01.29.14 at 4:53 pm }

Chloe also has a son with food intolerance.

4 Andrea { 01.29.14 at 7:29 pm }

Well I guess they are planning to do something useful with the money if they do win.
Good to see you back Daisy.

5 Anon { 01.29.14 at 7:34 pm }

Yes welcome back daisy

6 AwEsOmE { 01.29.14 at 7:47 pm }

Deb won rave reviews for her performance in the Snowtown Players production of ‘Priscilla, The Queen of the Desert’.

7 AwEsOmE { 01.29.14 at 8:23 pm }

Kelly’s been to Paradise, but has she ever been to Me?

8 Littlepetal { 01.29.14 at 8:39 pm }

Deb and Rick always give the lowest scores

9 Anonymous { 01.29.14 at 9:10 pm }

A few more to add to Miss contiki’s List Of Places Travelled: Prague, Sahara Desert, India…how many’s that now?

10 AwEsOmE { 01.29.14 at 9:16 pm }

Contiki also mentioned Croatia. Her grimace smile stretched over those thin lips is giving me the shtis.

11 Anonymous { 01.29.14 at 9:27 pm }

Anonymous you forgot Croatia!

12 Windsong { 01.29.14 at 9:55 pm }

I love that her nickname has become Miss Contiki :).

I’m actually really looking forward to the two all-girl teams coming to blows.

Also, Deb with her eyebrows does indeed look permanently surprised by everything. I can’t stop giggling immaturely every time she’s getting interviewed by the camera. I’m a horrible person, really.

13 Gabby { 01.29.14 at 10:02 pm }

The guys started out so well tonight, I really thought they would finish on a higher note than that. If that Kelly could only hear herself, well she is probably watching as we are. I wonder what she is thinking of her country name dropping? Does she realise how ridiculous and stuck up she sounds? All her family and friends must be cringing with embarrassment.

14 Anonymous { 01.29.14 at 10:20 pm }

Oops!… Sorry, it’s hard to keep track. I know what you mean Windsong, you shouldn’t laugh but…Actually, when she talks it reminds me of a ventriloquist dummy. The eyeballs and the mouth move but nothing else…the same permanently surprised eyebrows. Maybe Rick has his hand up her bum.

The whole forgetting the chocolate thing from the boys tonight seemed
a bit set up to me. I could understand if they forgot it entirely but how could a team that organized lose the chocolate in between putting it in their basket and getting it home? Did one of them get the munchies on the trip home? Seemed strange to me.

15 daisy { 01.29.14 at 10:52 pm }

In my house, if they had bought the chocolate the previous day, I know how it might easily disappear overnight. 😉

Anonymous, YES, a ventriloquist dummy is a good description.

16 Anonymous { 01.29.14 at 11:15 pm }

Lol Daisy

17 nadia { 01.30.14 at 7:12 am }

I can’t wait to see what Where-in-the world-are-Chloe-and-Kelly actually come up with in their instant restaurant. Is it a strategic move to have them be the last ones to cook? Their food will have to be exotic, sophisticated and spectacular. And I would want it to include proof of Kelly’s visits to 42 countries otherwise I might start to think she is all talk.

18 Littlepetal { 01.30.14 at 8:39 am }
19 nadia { 01.31.14 at 8:04 am }

Hi Littlepetal, the link you’ve provided doesn’t work!

20 Gabby { 01.31.14 at 8:12 am }

Stay cool to all our friends in Adelaide and South Australia today, we will be thinking of you.

21 Littlepetal { 01.31.14 at 8:33 am }

Sorry, Nadia. Try this link.

I think it is Kelly

22 nadia { 01.31.14 at 9:46 pm }

As per Gabby’s comment, same goes for all of us in Victoria especially here in the bush. It’s bloody hot here at 41 degrees! Rest of weekend will be 42 and 43 degrees.

By the way thanks Littlepetal for the updated link and yes I agree, I think it is Kelly as well. Good spot.

23 Littlepetal { 01.31.14 at 10:11 pm }

If the photo is Kelly, she not only been to 42 countries, she also been working in 9 different companies in her short career life.

24 Anonymous { 01.31.14 at 10:28 pm }

What exactly does she do in the mining industry? Can’t really imagine her getting dirty drilling holes somehow. Probably a nice cushy office job.

25 Littlepetal { 02.01.14 at 8:58 am }
26 Anonymous { 02.01.14 at 11:23 am }

Thanks. It’s surprising that someone who is supposedly a director of such a big company can take time off to go on a reality show.

27 brain dead dave { 02.01.14 at 11:40 am }

Those two deadbeats from MKR last year , Bondi boys Luke and Scott are on Mornings at the minute flogging their second book. Double entendres aplenty about activated nuts. Making smoothies. Kitsch city.

28 Georgie { 02.01.14 at 11:45 am }

Thanks Littlepetal, very interesting. Keeping in mind a person can write whatever they like about themselves – it doesn’t have to be true. 😎

29 AwEsOmE { 02.01.14 at 8:16 pm }

Kelly churns through companies – 18 months seems to be the employment half life.

30 nadia { 02.01.14 at 9:44 pm }

She has certainly had some interesting jobs which she doesn’t stay at very long! Apparently if she and Chloe win MKR they are planning on starting up a community-oriented cafe.

31 Glenda { 02.02.14 at 3:57 pm }

For a girl who has such a wealth of life experience Kelly should learn to chew with her mouth closed!

32 donae { 02.02.14 at 5:24 pm }

gin is ready ! every time 42 countries is mentioned tonight; expect to be plastered

33 Sandii { 02.02.14 at 5:52 pm }

Glenda I thought the same thing when I saw her eating. She seems to have a strange protruding bottom jaw.

34 Anonymous { 02.02.14 at 7:03 pm }

Country #35?-Greece

35 Anonymous { 02.02.14 at 7:09 pm }

Lol at Kelly’s face

36 nadia { 02.02.14 at 8:30 pm }

I am very surprised with the score they actually did give The Twins. Also Chloe and Kelly were looking very worried which made me think they were the next instant restaurant until it was announced the Flirty Cougar Nan and Rick are next on the ladder to cook.