My Kitchen Rules – Queensland Score A Perfect Ten

Paul and Blair the surfer/teachers from Queensland showed they should be taken seriously in the My Kitchen Rules competition. Their instant restaurant Swell looked classy and their food even thought it was not perfect in flavour the presentation was flawless. It even knocked the bitchiness from the Western Australian team for a little while.

Their menu was Lemon Salt and Pepper Quail, Indonesian Chicken Curry, and Rum Chocolate Pots with Salted Caramel Toffee.

They must not buy their quail from Coles often as they went to the Deli department rather than the meat area! Paul who seemed to be leading the team and he insisted the quail needed to be deboned which took an hour of their prep time. His theory was he thought you needed to cook a dish with Β some technical difficulty.

It all looked like it was going smoothly and then they realised they had lost or forgotten the chocolate and Blair had to dash out to get it. He was also stressed about loss of prep time as the dessert needed two hours to set.

They were organised and clean cooks and the bromance between them was nice to watch. They also had a good sense of humour but because the WA team have been sucking the airtime we have seen little of them.

Deb was again bit cheeky and flirty but Andrew took the wind out of her sails when he said she reminded him of his Nan. Even Emelia looked embarrassed at his social faux pas.

Kelly was well pleased there was a curry on the menu as it gave her an excuse to drop that she went to India and she said she likes authentic food. Just like how the viewer likes authentic reality shows but they are a bit hard to come across also.

The producers keep on placing Team WA and Team Vic opposite each other to ensure the mutual antipathy continues, however if there is going to be a scrag fight my money is on Vikki coming out the winner.

After some minor drama with the quail with Paul thinking it needed more coating the judges gushed over it with Pete saying it was simple home cooking done well. He even gave it ten points so it must have been delicious.

Expectations were high for the curry but it did not deliver except with its presentation – that was fantastic. Pete said the chicken was overcooked and was dry and Manu thought the curry was a bit of a let down. Most of the contestants thought it was not spicy enough, except Jason but he said he does not like hot food.

The Rum Chocolate Pots with the Salted Caramel were too rich and full on for Manu. Pete said it was nice but far too much and he said he could not taste the rum. Jason however managed to scarf his down but after eating five lollipops at the ACT instant restaurant he appears to be able to eat a lot of everything.

The team scores were:

WA – 8

Vic – 7

SA – 6

NSW – 6

ACT – 7

For a score of 34/50

Manu gave a nine for the entree, seven for a main, a dessert with a six.

Pete gave them a perfect ten for the entree, main was a six, and dessert is a seven.

This gave them a total score of 79. They are second on the score board and safe from elimination.

My Kitchen Rules on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at 7.30pm on SEVEN.

1 Littlepetal { 02.02.14 at 3:40 pm }

Talking about milking the cow. C7 showing MKR again this aftrenoon. They also did an encore on Fri evening.

2 AwEsOmE { 02.02.14 at 7:12 pm }

Kelly eats like a 7 year old.
Sounds like the fish is going to be waaaaaaaay overcooked.

3 Littlepetal { 02.02.14 at 7:16 pm }

Could be too salty too

4 Georgie { 02.02.14 at 7:20 pm }

Well apparently Kelly hasn’t been to Hapuku! πŸ˜‰

5 Littlepetal { 02.02.14 at 7:24 pm }

I think Kelly has not been to NZ. Hapuka fish is common in NZ

6 AwEsOmE { 02.02.14 at 7:50 pm }

Chloe has lips like The Joker.

7 AwEsOmE { 02.02.14 at 7:56 pm }

Missing!
Kelly’s lips.
Reward offered.

8 Sandii { 02.02.14 at 8:06 pm }

Yes! The Joker, I was thinking the same thing.

9 Gabby { 02.02.14 at 8:38 pm }

I am definitely not liking Kelly and Chloe.

10 Littlepetal { 02.02.14 at 8:46 pm }

I still think Chloe and Kelly are pale in comparison to Ashlee and Sophia or Thomas from the other series. Even though they have criticised a lot, they still gave an honest score.

New Idea is promoting some cheating on MKR and have Chloe and Kelly on the front page. Just like before it will be nothing serious.

11 Gabby { 02.02.14 at 8:50 pm }

Congratulations twins, well done!

12 Gabby { 02.02.14 at 8:54 pm }

Oh definitely Littlepetal, they more than pale in comparison. I just don’t like them, they are my baddies for this series. They did give a fair score. Also I thought Andrew and Emelia were very fair as well. Andrew was very quiet tonight.

13 Gabby { 02.02.14 at 8:55 pm }

I wonder what the baddies in the second lot will be like?

14 all happening { 02.02.14 at 9:37 pm }

Really enjoyed the show tonight. Apart from Andrew and Emelia, cooking has been pretty good. I wouldn’t say the twins are the sharpest knives in the block but they are quite fun.

I agree Kelly and Chloe are just such snobs and think themselves so much better than everyone else. I like how the producers have picked up things they have said and Manu and Pete and the others have said opposite. eg tonight. This doesn’t look Greek…Pete says looks very Greek.
I don’t think the badies have been shown in the second group in promos or perhapsproducers have listened to viewers last year. Will we have a A&S type in this years show. I don’t think it is necessary.

15 daisy { 02.02.14 at 9:47 pm }

I am just watching the start. I would like to try the semolina cake. I have never had semolina like that.

It’s good to see some different cooking ideas.

16 Sandii { 02.02.14 at 9:52 pm }

Their meals looked delicious.

17 daisy { 02.02.14 at 9:58 pm }

Yeah, looking really good so far.

One of the surfer dads looks like Al Bundy, who is now in Modern Family.

Tomorrow I might make porridge for brekky and the oats will be the hero.

18 Littlepetal { 02.02.14 at 9:59 pm }

daisy – semolina gives the cskje a nice light texture.

19 daisy { 02.02.14 at 10:03 pm }

Thanks Littlepetal, it’s on my to try list now.

20 daisy { 02.02.14 at 10:18 pm }

Oh yum. Just watching them eat the mains. The fish looks perfect with those lovely tender flakes.

I want to be at that table eating that food. I don’t think I said that about the Tassie boys’ fish and mash mish mash or any other meals last year.

21 all happening { 02.02.14 at 10:19 pm }

Absolutely love Greek food and semolina cake is yum as long as there is something to break the sweetness of some recipes.
Thank goodness scoring is fair so far this year. Perhaps they listened to us there as well.

22 AwEsOmE { 02.02.14 at 11:19 pm }

Greek food. A few beautiful ingredients cooked simply. They nailed it. Loved Pete’s love. Check out promo for meal tomorrow with Carlotta’s naked painting, Eeeerghh. From sublime to gross!

23 daisy { 02.02.14 at 11:27 pm }

Yeah, I can except Deb is lively and likes some humour. That’s great, but does her repertoire have to be all man-eater/stalker jokes? It’s getting creepy for Manua.

24 Gabby { 02.02.14 at 11:29 pm }

Those girls have been taught well by their Greek relatives. You can tell they have been brought up with it, learning to cook Greek style. Now as Pete said, they can cook Greek, can they cook other style’s of food? I do hope so. They are a bit dippy and a bit up themselves but they did a damn good job tonight.
The main meal was a delight to the eyes, it really looked lovely on the plate, all the different colours.

25 Andrea { 02.02.14 at 11:35 pm }

Give it a rest please Deb.

26 Techhater { 02.03.14 at 12:48 am }

Hey Gice I’ve just caught up with everyone’s comments. Was called into work most nights last week and have only just watched all eps.

I’m really enjoying MKR so far. Even tbe villains are entertaining. And so far no sob backstories.

The twins did really well tonight and did anybody else notice that everyone was wearing blue.

Of all people to get the olive pip it had to be Manu. But seriously how hard would it have been to find it before it was plated up.

And as for Miss 42 Countries, my Desi reckons that more than likely at least 35 of them was probably no longer than it takes to change planes. And entire time spent in the airport.

27 Techhater { 02.03.14 at 12:55 am }

Pete’s comment as to whether they could cook anything other than Greek seemed a bit WTF. When Brats and Tatts mostly cooked Asian last year and were never pulled up.

As other posters have already said maybe producers have listened to what the viewers want.

28 daisy { 02.03.14 at 1:56 am }

I agree TH.The villains aren’t bothering me. They are doing their job being villains.
Pete has toned down the carrot juice this year too. Or orange fake tan.

29 Zhee { 02.03.14 at 4:29 am }

Yep, Pete doesn’t look too toasted and also less skeletal. But he is still looking like a creepy guy trying to sell insurances…

Techhater, you are destroying my theory that the 42 countries she had visited resulted in the countries shew flew over with the plane.

Will have to watch the show later this evening. I’m excited to see it as the food seems to be good judging from your comments.

30 Techhater { 02.03.14 at 5:40 am }

Zhee “flying over the countries” is a better theory than Desi’s. I love it.

31 Morgan { 02.03.14 at 8:53 am }

Hey everyone! It’s that time of the year again!

Really enjoying this season so far, except for the ACT team all the teams so far look like they can cook. Chloe and Kelly are your typical MKR villains, and of course they’re up last for the usual “They’ve talked the talk, can they walk the walk?” schtik.

The Twins were fantastic last night! All their food looked amazing. Seems like they’ll be the top contenders for the title this year. Glad that MKR has returned to their usual quality after last year.

32 brain dead dave { 02.03.14 at 11:09 am }

Loving the show so far but let’s not get too carried away yet.

I think naughty nympho Nanna and Rick are rolling out a sob story tonight. I”ll be checking No Idea for more details.

Manu has made the front page of Woman’s Day with some drunken faux pas, unless it’s the George pretend blow job story recycled again.

33 Littlepetal { 02.03.14 at 12:10 pm }

Sob stories will come in the next few weeks. They have one on the Twins.

Headline:
My Kitchen Rules twins Helena and Vikki reveal tragic secret

What was the tragic secret —– their father passed away when they were 12.

So I think Nana and Rick will have more ‘ tragic ‘ secrets since they are older and more time for more secrets.