Mel B and Benji Madden To Be Coaches On The Voice Kids

Well that explains why Darren McMullen and Mel B were chatting whilst waiting for luggage from the Virgin Australia flight from Los Angeles, as Scary Spice has been announced as one of the coaches on The Voice Kids. Though it does not explain why she needed to wear sunglasses at 7.30am inside….

She along with Benji Madden were announced as coaches on The Voice Kids. They will be joining Joel Madden and Delta Goodrem on the panel.

Darren McMullen will the host of The Voice Kids as well. Filming must be starting soon on the series as it did not looking like a fleeting visit looking by the amount of luggage she and her husband brought with them. It looked like the kids had been left back in the USA.

It is an interesting appointment by NINE as Mel B lost a lot of fans after her court case last year. However she is on breakfast radio here in Sydney as well so maybe she is popular. In fact she is working with Benji’s former girlfriend Sophie Monk.

Benji and Joel have a nice chemistry together as seen when Benji was a mentor for his brother on the first season of The Voice.

With the Madden Brothers and Mel B as judges this will mean Delta is the only Australian. Which raises the question is there no talent in this country and why is the TV industry not backing it?

1 Eliza { 02.01.14 at 10:29 am }

I love Benji and Joel together too and am attempted to tune in for them and Mel B.. Although I really don’t want to watch this show!

2 brain dead dave { 02.01.14 at 10:44 am }

If we can cull sharks, why not then Mel B?

Plenty of talent in Australia, people serious about studying music simply won’t go on these cheeseball shows.

3 Littlepetal { 02.01.14 at 1:15 pm }

I hardly watch The Voice but not sure why Ch9 is so insistent on having Mel B. I am sure there are many talented mentors from Australia.

I maybe out of context here but I heard Kerry Vincent on radio saying there may be another series of the Australian Bake Off. She has been asked to pencil in some time in her diary. The problem with the show is it is very difficult to get Dan and Kerry together as one is in UK and the other in US.

4 Ali { 02.01.14 at 2:25 pm }

Answer: there is plenty of “no talent” in this country (for example Kyle Sandilands) and he gets plenty of gigs so the industry is definitely backing it.

5 Juz { 02.01.14 at 2:30 pm }

Good news, Littlepetal. Let’s hope it happens

6 daisy { 02.01.14 at 2:57 pm }

Snap on that Littlepetal. Why, oh why Mel B? Why?
I just don’t get it. She has the personality of a cheese grater and the charisma white chalk. And no fashion sense.

7 Dr T { 02.01.14 at 8:53 pm }

Applying the word “talent” to Delta is using the word in its loosest form

8 Sandii { 02.02.14 at 11:22 am }

What about people like Paul Kelly, Vika Bull, Wendy Matthews, ONJ, Jimmy Barnes, Diesel, Ian Moss, Anthony Callea, Angry Anderson, or Christine Anu to name but a few. I generally don’t follow the singing shows but people like Mel B wouldn’t entice me to try.

9 Arr { 02.02.14 at 12:36 pm }

You really think that Mel B lost fans due to her network move and lawsuit? Maybe she lost credibility with producers and network executives. I am not sure any viewers would actually care what network or show she’s on. (Same for every other TV personality. Seriously, the days of “I’m a loyal channel 7/9/10/ABC/SBS viewer” are long gone).

10 Dr T { 02.02.14 at 12:52 pm }

Dig up Shirley Straun or Ian Turpie

11 Sandii { 02.02.14 at 12:54 pm }

What? Dr T , Ian Turpie is dead? When? How?

12 Gabby { 02.02.14 at 1:02 pm }

You are so funny Sandii. He died In March 2012 from cancer. You must have blinked and missed. Poor old Ian. I didn’t just know that off the top of my head, I googled it just for you. I would have thought it was about one year ago but it’s near on two.
PS. You do know Shirley has gone, don’t you? Went down in a plane.

13 daisy { 02.02.14 at 1:08 pm }

Dr T we had some ripper IYATOs this week.

My favourite number 12 left but now there is another gorgeous number 12. Also Lijiang girl has been taken. The one who owns the hotel.

14 daisy { 02.02.14 at 1:13 pm }

Also DocT, if you go on Big Brother this year we will all vote to save you. But the prize money is crap.
Are you going to try for Hot Seat again. Just get the answers wrong at audition this time.

15 Ali { 02.02.14 at 1:14 pm }

I think Shirley died piloting his helicopter which crashed into a mountain during rough weather

16 Andrea { 02.02.14 at 1:20 pm }

Perfect Idea for The Voice Kids, Johnny Young!
Oh that’s right, he’s had his big chance already.
Sandii, Anthony Callea would be good I agree.
Mark Holden? Marcia Hines?
There has to be someone better than Delta and all these imported “stars”

17 Dr T { 02.02.14 at 1:29 pm }

Straunie was in a helicopter than flew into the ground

Turpin was oesophageal cancer

I haven’t missed an episode of IYATO since it you told us about it.

Thai turtle girl hasn’t left her light on for anyone yet I don’t think. 14 next to her is stunning IMHO. I like a few episodes ago where the rower 24 was giving some poor candidate grief and Le Jia slapped her down. It’s interesting that a number of the girls don’t mind a chubby candidate. Is be in with a chance if I spoke Chinese.

I found tweeting and watching too hard with the subtitles

18 Dr T { 02.02.14 at 1:30 pm }

James Rees for the Voice kids! Hoot hoot!

19 brain dead dave { 02.02.14 at 1:34 pm }

I guess Rolf Harris is out of the mix now.

20 Sandii { 02.02.14 at 1:37 pm }

You’re terrible BDD!

21 daisy { 02.02.14 at 1:53 pm }

LOL BDD. Yeah, he can pack his wobble board for sing sing.

Doc T yeah 14 is nice and there are a few others. But sometimes they flash the camera too quickly. As soon as a ‘strong’ guy comes out, I think he’ll last. How was that ‘perfectionist’ guy; the one who looked after his skin? It’s weird how the girls like domineering guys and the guys like bratty, spoilt girls.

22 daisy { 02.02.14 at 1:55 pm }

Is James Rees the Giggle and Hoot guy who wears PJs?

23 brain dead dave { 02.02.14 at 2:01 pm }

Shirley Strachan died trying to complete his helicopter pilot licence. He had two solo navigations to complete and it wasn’t even necessary for him to embark on the fatal second flight that same day. He , for reasons unknown ~ deviated from his flight plan and chose to fly through mountains rather than around them, most likely failing to negotiate turbulence or a wind shear.

Yes ,those gels on IYATO run a mile at guys they think are “Mummy’s boys”

24 Dr T { 02.02.14 at 2:03 pm }

Some of the guys on IYATO are just weird

Yeah – James Rees is Jimmy Giggle. I have a 3 year old, but I like giggle and hoot more than he does!

25 daisy { 02.02.14 at 2:23 pm }

I always liked John Hamlin on Play School. He was funny and sneakily rude.