My Kitchen Rules Gossip – Round Up From The Media

MKR meme Meme: @colonelkickhead

Chloe and Kelly from Western Australia face cheating allegations on the night they have their instant restaurant. Apparently they buy a pre-made product. You would think after the embarrassment of the Tassie team using a bought curry paste last year that contestants would know not to do it. However they all use pre-made stock. Not sure the story lived up to the Biggest Scandal Ever headline. (Source: New Idea).

Pete Evans is not surprised that MKR is a huge hit however his rationale for why it is a hit is a bit different to why I think it is. He told the Telegraph:

“I feel that My Kitchen Rules is enjoying growing success because of its ability to generate feelings of connection,” Evans told Confidential.

“MKR creates a distinct link for viewers to get to know the contestants and their love of food, as well as the excitement of watching them passionately prepare either a masterpiece or a disaster and everything in ­between.

Deb and Rick from South Australia have had a string of bad luck. They told the Woman’s Day they have been the victim of three house fires and one was arson. Also their house was robbed before their instant restaurant opened. They had to get in portaloos because their toilets were smashed. Who does that? (Source: TV WEEK)

Deb also told TV WEEK she had botox and it hurt so she won’t be getting it done again. In the same magazine Chloe said she had a lot of guilt of leaving her seven-year-old son in Perth.  She is no longer with the father of her son but has re-partnered. Also Emelia and Andrew are still together and planning a life together! Go figure.

Manu Feildel apparently got plastered at the My Kitchen Rules launch party in Brisbane. He even got out onto the dance floor with the ladies according to Woman’s Day. In fact it was a bit of a non-story.

1 cuisinaire { 02.05.14 at 11:09 am }

@83 Couldn’t possibly be the original Embassy Daisy. That was demolished 30+ years ago.

2 Kess { 02.05.14 at 11:09 am }

Robur & Coles won’t be too pleased with this episode, hmm,

As suspected, they are jumped up fools who can’t tell the difference between that disaster they served and real food.
And any foodie knows where to buy real pastry = patisseries sell it raw to cook at home, failing that the gourmet made with butter pastry in foodie shops.
But that dessert is an idiot idea even done well.

3 daisy { 02.05.14 at 11:18 am }

Oh thanks cuisinaire. It sure looked the same. In hindsight, perhaps smaller. I loved that building. And His Majesty’s theatre.

4 Katty { 02.08.14 at 12:03 pm }

Really makes me laugh seeing everyone go for the jugular of Chloe and Kelly.. Think it was about this time last year Jake was everyone’s most hated contestant! It was something like over 3000 negative comments regarding him bing nasty, self involved and cruel to others…yet within a couple of weeks he was everyone’s favourite! Teasing the way someone smiles come on that’s clutching at straws

5 daisy { 02.08.14 at 12:53 pm }

I can’t speak for others but I don’t remember thinking Jake was a bully, but I do remember clutching at straws, calling him Nureyev and laughing at the poo coil on his head.
Last years nasties were S&A. I liked J&B.

6 brain dead dave { 02.08.14 at 2:09 pm }

The alleged 3,ooo negative comments about Jake weren’t made here. Clutch at that.

7 Katty { 02.08.14 at 2:31 pm }

S&A were for sure, but I am writing an article about social media and it’s trends! I can assure you Jake was the one everyone was hating on till S&A came along.. Wouldn’t be surprised if the same happens this year. When asked to explain how Chloe and Kelly are bullying people no one could quantify, they have been edited to only been shown saying negative comments of course everyone’s going to hate them.. Falling for the bait of it already without questioning it!

8 all happening { 02.08.14 at 2:41 pm }

If K&C say negative things to camera using such ugly faces when doing it…..their problem. Always had a giggle with Jake along with most on RR. If you want bitching just stay with FB and twitter.

9 brain dead dave { 02.08.14 at 2:45 pm }

Good luck with your article but if it contains the kind of distortions you are presenting here, it won’t be worth reading.

Unless you’re actually employed in $hine’s editing suite, you don’t know what’s been edited and what hasn’t. There’s been no suggestion on this forum that Chloe and Kelly have been bullying people,so what’s your point about that?

Anyone has the temerity to criticise the broadcast behaviour of contestants , they’re labelled “haters”. That is a massive distortion.These are utterly disposable characters who’ve made a choice to appear on television and act like idiots.

10 all happening { 02.08.14 at 2:51 pm }

There have been enough series of all these RTV shows now, that prospective contestants MUST know how words and behavior are edited.

11 brain dead dave { 02.08.14 at 2:55 pm }

Chloe and Kelly said they watched the show “religiously”,so they’ve got to be pretty slow on the uptake to dig their own culinary graves with their behaviour.

12 daisy { 02.08.14 at 2:56 pm }

Katty, fascinating subject. I had only been thinking myself that the impact of social media on society is someting I’ study for fun.I agree with you that there are character distortions for the ‘drama’ and I am usually skeptical.

I know there are some serious haters out there. They have sometimes turned up here with malicious remarks.
Sometimes remarks made in jest may also be construed to be hateful when they are in fact just saying anything for a laugh. The thing we know about social media, is that people do say things they would never say to someones face, because it would hurt their feelings. It’s very strange. But you can’t be too sure if it’s humour or hate that motivates us.

13 brain dead dave { 02.08.14 at 3:02 pm }

If it’s hate , it only lasts until the contestants are eliminated and if it’s humour , it won’t be long before another deluded fame whore with tickets on itself materializes.

I find it easy to avoid the majority of nutters out there by not having a Twitter account or reading anything on Facebook.

14 Littlepetal { 02.08.14 at 4:28 pm }

I dont think it was hate for Jake. Initially he came across like a spoilt brat but then we see the funny side of Jake and HE CAN COOK.

Same with Princess Jen. There were many negative comments about Princess Jen but again she can cook. Both Jake and Jen dont go on and on telling us that they are great cooks thousand and one time. They just let the cooking do the talking. Not Chloe and Kelly. No haters here.

15 Katty { 02.08.14 at 4:57 pm }

Apologies brain dead David if my comments have upset you. I have been conducting the study over 6 different forums including FB, twitter and a number of sites much like this one.

I don’t in fact work for 7 but I am working with a media expert, he has broken down each episode to reveal some pretty interesting things.. On average the same face is used for Chloe and Kelly 3 times per episode and the 42 countries is the exact same each time, unless the girls a tape recorder there is no way for her to keep the exact frequency every time!

So the next group is here and we’ll be doing the same thing and then releasing our findings to the media.

Interesting point about if they can or can’t cook determines if the contestant then becomes likeable, so if there next dish is one of the best the competition has seen, will you like them? Will you see the as most jovial characters like Princess and Jake?

16 brain dead dave { 02.08.14 at 5:22 pm }

Ability to cook doesn’t determine the likeability of contestants because Braces and Tatts were good cooks but loathsome individuals.

I’m skeptical of “experts” of any kind, too.

17 Georgie { 02.08.14 at 5:28 pm }

#109 – hear, hear bdd, well put.

Chloe and Kelly clearly have no problem with their MKR reputation – in fact they’ve even promoted it in the media themselves. RR posted a link to this article on another thread last week.

From the horses mouths:

“Perth party girls Chloe James and Kelly Ramsay, the My Kitchen Rules duo who made an early beeline for the role of the villains in the new series, say there’s no point pretending to be nice.”

“People are either going to love us or hate us and I don’t think there’s going to be any middle ground with us,” Chloe said.

Katty – to my knowledge, no one on this forum has mentioned the word ‘hate’ or ‘bullying’ in relation to Chloe and Kelly – other than you of course. It sounds to me, like you’re doing the rounds of websites trying to stir up some venom, to lend weight to your own article.

18 daisy { 02.08.14 at 6:44 pm }

Georgie@117 Insightful as always. Have we been stooged into playing guinea pig for someone’s school assignment. I hope we were good. 😆

19 all happening { 02.08.14 at 6:51 pm }

A+, Daisy

20 Georgie { 02.08.14 at 7:10 pm }

Daisy, I’m sure if you’ve said anything worth repeating, you can expect to be quoted. I doubt any ‘nice’ comments will make it into the findings.

21 daisy { 02.08.14 at 7:14 pm }

I feel cheapened; like a lab rat.

22 daisy { 02.08.14 at 7:16 pm }

Off topic, hubby just took me on my first real date since my foot op.
Hehe. I’m a very expensive shout. 😀

23 Georgie { 02.08.14 at 7:22 pm }

We’re only the lab rats, who are observing the lab rats.

Hope you had a lovely time. Did you go to the hop? :-J

24 daisy { 02.08.14 at 7:38 pm }

Ha ha. I had to get pushed in a ‘pram’ and everyone was scattering to make way for me. I bought a lounge suite. May not get asked out again for awhile.
Off to play on my hamster wheel and have electrodes study my brain to see what’s wrong with it.

25 all happening { 02.08.14 at 8:15 pm }

Just off topic, Tommy Franklin from AGT was harassing Matt Moran on paddock to plate. He was at Byron Bay farmers market.

26 daisy { 02.08.14 at 8:25 pm }

Wasn’t he the guy harassing people’s eyeballs.

27 AwEsOmE { 02.08.14 at 8:26 pm }

I wonder whether Katty has full human ethics approval from her institution to conduct her study.
Do you, Katty?
Link us to the approval document.

28 daisy { 02.08.14 at 8:52 pm }

Just saw the little snowboarders in the Winter Olympics. Now that’s my version of hot guys.

29 daisy { 02.08.14 at 9:02 pm }

If I was 17 I’d be a snowboard groupie. That Sage Kosten and I think Staale from Norway(?) were like hot surfers from the 70s.
Who said TV sport was boring.

30 Anonymous { 06.11.14 at 12:49 am }

Hello. Have you any idea making a web site mobile phone warm and friendly?
I’m trying to find a subject or plug-in that could possibly take care of this challenge. If you have any suggestions, please share.
Quick question that’s 100 % away from issue.
My web-site seems to be bizarre when searching.

31 buy twitter followers over time { 06.20.14 at 2:35 am }

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your article seem to be running off the screen in Firefox. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Kudos