My Kitchen Rules – Chloe And Kelly Fail To Fire But The Scores And Criticism Were A Bit Harsh

Please explain  how Chloe who gags when she eats cheese has an entree in their instant restaurant called a Trio of Cheese.  She even gushed over the beautiful looking buffalo mozzarella. Something seems a bit fishy.

It was a much anticipated episode with the WA team Chloe and Kelly finally getting their chance to cook and the question on 1.5 million viewers mins was would they deliver?

Well they did not but fire on all cylinders but not sure their food was a bad as the scores reflected. I suspect they wanted to keep some tension on an elimination night episode on who was being sent home.

Their meal was far more technically difficult then Andrew and Emelia’s from the ACT and the food did not appear to be that bad. Ok so the contestants did not like their main of Peasant Paella with Rabbit & Snails,  but the judges loved it.

Future contestants should take note that you have to work your fellow team mates as they hammered them in the scoring. Using some pretty minor reasons to give them three’s and the two from Vikki and Helena was just petty.

It was fair enough that they were slammed regarding the use of store bought puff pastry as it was the main part of their dessert of Millefeuille with passionfruit custard and lime and tequila curd. But the handwringing and teeth gnashing by all of them about the use of a small bit of bread in the entree was bollocks. As the girls said in TV WEEK other teams use pre-bought stock.

The instant restaurant was called Nouveau which Kelly described as taking the classic and bringing  it up to the 2014.  It just looked like they had inhaled the latest Gatsby movie five times and was not sure what was “nouveau” about the table decorations or their clothes.

The trio of cheeses were ricotta fritters, baked lemon and mozzarella, and deep fried brie. Jason the cheese maker from NSW must have got a culinary boner when he saw it.

Kelly said they had taken the best from other countries and put it together. Kelly was mangling the ricotta fritters by constantly flipping them. She is a tad manic in the kitchen and Chloe looked by the better cook.

The bread issue occurred at last minute when they decided the buffalo mozzarella would run out of the lemon ring once cooked. Had they not made the dish before?

Pete said the entree was mediocre and cracked them off for using store bought bread. Manu thought the brie was fantastic. He did not think there was enough ricotta and it was overpowered by the salsa.

Their mains were far better received…by the judges. Manu said he loved the paella and the rabbit as did Pete. The other teams did not like it and were struggling to get down the snails. Vikki said it was shocking and thought it was the worst main in the competition. She also thought the rabbit was dry.

Dessert also brought further criticism related to the store bought puff pastry, however Manu thought the custard and curd was yum. Pete said it was almost inedible.

Scoring by the teams was:

NSW – 5

QLD – 5

SA – 3

ACT – 3

VIC – 2  – which was pretty petty.

This gave them a score 18/50. It was looking shaky for they, however the judges saved them. Pete scored three for entree, nine for main, two for dessert, with Manu scoring them a five for entree, eight for main and four for dessert.

This gave them 49 out of 110 and it meat Andrew and Emelia were eliminated as they should have been.

The new teams start tonight and I cannot wait to see the older guy with the younger woman interacting.

My Kitchen Rules on Sunday at 6.30pm and Monday to Wednesday nights at 7.30pm.

1 Gabby { 02.09.14 at 11:27 pm }

I couldn’t understand why they didn’t use fresh passionfruit instead of boiling it with sugar and water, what were they thinking of? Then not to use any other beautiful fruits, and she was supposed to be the Queen of desserts.

2 all happening { 02.09.14 at 11:36 pm }

Unfortunately wrong time of year for most of the tropical fruit when this ep would have been filmed.

The entree and main totally wasted that beautiful seafood.

David comes over as very arrogant and Corrine weak as…… yes David, no David…

3 daisy { 02.09.14 at 11:45 pm }

Just watching the start now. They look like they destroyed all those beautiful crays by mashing them. It’s not plated yet but I’m already thinking it should be Lobster Mess.
I’m thinking more money than class.

4 daisy { 02.09.14 at 11:48 pm }

Loving horsie Princess Anne. Neeeiiigggh.

5 daisy { 02.10.14 at 12:13 am }

Are Jess and Felix brother and sister or hubby and wife. They have matching faces.

6 Windsong { 02.10.14 at 12:26 am }

I feel bad for Corinne. Her parts of the meals were all fine. It’s just anything that David touched fell apart. He seems like kind of a tool. I’d suggest that his ridiculously-misplaced over-confidence is covering deep insecurity, but I don’t think he’s that deep. What we see is what we get.

At least the cute Chinese couple are now safe. I like them.

7 brain dead dave { 02.10.14 at 12:28 am }

Re #155~I think they said they’re “friends”

8 daisy { 02.10.14 at 12:35 am }

Thanks, BDD. They look alike.

In the end, I didn’t mind Cpt Jack and his wife, but they had no idea of timing. They must have spent a lot of cash to make lobster mush, and crab with “dreadlocks” (good one Jess) . But I didn’t find him abrasive.

I am surprised they didn’t make the meringue during prep time. And even though it flopped, at least they tried to make their own bread and pasta. We’ve seen a few packaged pastas and shop breads in recent shows.

9 Sandii { 02.10.14 at 7:00 am }

Despite his arrogance he was quite humble in defeat. He didn’t seem like such a dick at the end. Looks like the young girls might do ok tonight.

10 all happening { 02.10.14 at 9:16 am }

Cpt Jack seemed fairly humble this morning on sunrise. Still don’t like him. I hope we aren’t going to be seeing nastiness like the promos are hinting at.
It is funny, up here, painted crays and mud crabs are common meal for us. We have a neighbour who catches the crays on the reef and we catch our own muddies. They can be hard work to prep.

11 daisy { 02.10.14 at 9:19 am }

Yeah, I agree Sandii. He wasn’t much of a cook, and he had his dinner table jokes but he was OK. And so was she.

12 daisy { 02.10.14 at 9:21 am }

All happening that’s even better than having golden cutlery.

13 daisy { 02.10.14 at 9:23 am }

Awesome @144. Well they got to walk the plank at the end.

14 AwEsOmE { 02.10.14 at 9:40 am }

Daisy at 154 – I’m pretty sure in a quick family shot that ‘Princess Anne’ had a child called ‘Winnie’!

15 daisy { 02.10.14 at 9:41 am }

Neeeeiiiiggghh.

16 all happening { 02.10.14 at 9:50 am }

No gold cutlery here, Daisy, just bare hands. Tastes better.

17 Sandii { 02.10.14 at 9:53 am }

We have been living on Southern Rock Lobster for about 5 weeks now. My husband goes out a couple of times a week to bring them in. They are delicious. I am surprised though that they needed 18 crays and 8 (?) mud crabs. Seems like heaps to me to feed 12 people.

18 Gabby { 02.10.14 at 10:42 am }

All happening and Sandii you are certainly living life tough with all those lobsters and muddies, you lucky things. Can’t think of the last time I had a fresh one of either :(

19 mkr lover { 04.24.14 at 10:33 pm }

Chloe and Kelly are still maggot assholes. Wish the fugly birch would stop baring her teeth like an ugly dog.
These two need to crawl back into the ditch where they came from.
The best cooks my ass, why are they consistently rubbish.
DOGS DOGS DOGS DOGS DOGS.

20 Maybelle { 07.06.14 at 2:52 am }

It’s hard to find your articles in google. I found it on 17
spot, you should build quality backlinks , it will help you to rank to google top 10.
I know how to help you, just search in google – k2 seo tricks