Time For TEN To Move Their Reality To 7pm

Network TEN is struggling in the ratings but before they sit around the board room table wondering which shows to ditch or commission they should move their weeknight reality shows to 7pm.

When TEN did this with Masterchef they scored big, when NINE did it with The Block they reaped huge rewards. The TEN network may not get over the million mark but they would get more then they are currently getting going against the big show like My Kitchen Rules and The Block.

The 7pm starts means they have a chance of enthralling the viewer with the show so they don’t want to grab the remote at 7.30pm. The Biggest Loser, So You Think You Can Dance and the upcoming Masterchef Australia are all good well made shows they deserve an audience.

Also the 7pm timeslot is attractive to parents as means it finishes at 8pm and they can get their kids to bed at a reasonable hour.

The Project is currently running for an hour, as I never watch it I can’t discuss the merits of the show but seems lengthy for a panel show and it is not giving TEN a great lead in for the rest of their evening. Hopefully TEN will do this after the Olympics and see if they can reap some rewards from this.

What do you think?

1 Jen { 02.12.14 at 3:29 pm }

Yes, I agree. By 7pm I’m ready to sit down and watch something like this. By 7.30 I’ve lost interest. Consequently I’ve hardly seen Biggest Loser or any of those other shows. Channel Ten, and the others, are you listening?

2 brain dead dave { 02.12.14 at 3:49 pm }

Only one place to be at 7.00pm~ Grandstand on ABC 24. Or If You Are The One on SBS2. Sorry, fatties.

3 Littlepetal { 02.12.14 at 4:01 pm }

I watch the project but it is getting stale. 1/2hr is enough for Project. The show doesn’t rate but they still keep it in that timeslot.

7pm start may help 10.

4 Anonymous { 02.12.14 at 4:29 pm }

I’ve watched the aproject since the 1st night. At first it was fun. Now it’s tired. But mostly I now don’t like it because I feel like I’m being told how I should feel about the news story they’re presenting.

I miss TBL but I can’t watch everything

5 Gidgitvonlarue { 02.12.14 at 4:37 pm }

There is no need for ANY of these ‘news’ type shows to be an hour (unless it’s SBS as they actually report the news) I rarely watch The Project – it’s not bad and it’s not good (I can’t stand Carrie Bickmore) but it CERTAINLY does not need to be an hour.

Biggest Losers biggest chance of anyone watching it is to move it to 7pm for sure! I’d certainly watch the first half before switching to MKR.

6 Fiona { 02.12.14 at 4:43 pm }

“Hopefully TEN will do this after the Olympics and see if they can reap some rewards from this.” Ten should make the change like yesterday. Either move the project to 6pm and have an hour long show or have it as a 1/2 show from 6:30 to 7pm. Done problem solved, Ten I’ll be waiting for my check to arrive in the mail.

7 Scott { 02.12.14 at 4:51 pm }

It’s not really the time slots, its the shows.
Masterchef, The Biggest loser…both looking very tired at the moment. If they were on 9 or 7 (which trends old) they could run forever, like “The Block”, but a “young” station like 10 needs to keep it fresh.
SYTYCD is down to 385,000 in the ratings. Who ever made the decision to bring it back should be forced to listen to Dave Hughes’s views on economic theory like I did on Monday night watching Q&A. Dave, mate, you are a comedian. Don’t try to go head to head with Malcolm Turnbull on economics. Stick with the jokes.

8 brain dead dave { 02.12.14 at 5:01 pm }

Normally, I’d watch Q&A but Dave Hughes made it a deal breaker. If we can cull sharks, why not Dave Hughes?

Steve Price and Steve Vizard make The Project a no go zone for me. They should be in jail ,not on prime time.

9 Gabby { 02.12.14 at 5:38 pm }

The reason I don’t watch The Project is because of Dave Hughes. Also think 1 hour is too long. I think 6.30 and no Dave Hughes is a good idea.

10 Littlepetal { 02.12.14 at 5:42 pm }

Gabby, Dave Hughes has left project but still not a good show. I can’t stand Charlie Pickering. He gets very aggressive when you don’t agree with his views.

It was funny initially but now too predictable.

11 PollyB { 02.12.14 at 5:54 pm }

Never watched the project. Cant stand carrie bickmore. And wont watch anything with the likes of steve price.
Did anyone see akmal on q&a last week? That was embarrassing too. ‘News’ is cheap reality tv. 9 has 4 hours of ‘news’ from 3.30-7.30pm ev-er-y-day. 4 hours!!!!

12 Anonymous { 02.12.14 at 6:56 pm }

OMG thought I was the only one who couldn’t strand Carrie Bickmore

13 Andrea { 02.12.14 at 6:57 pm }

I don’t mind The Project, especially now that Dave Hughes has gone, but it could be cut down to half an hour, not too keen on Charlie Pickering either LP, you are right, he does get aggressive and rude if people don’t agree with his viewpoint.
Nobody ever really knows when the BL is on, it might have been better to start it after The Olympics had finished.

14 brain dead dave { 02.12.14 at 8:03 pm }

I’m not a Carrie Bickmore coffin chaser either.Too plastic.

15 daisy { 02.12.14 at 8:17 pm }

I’ll weigh in. She’s bland and plastic. I lost interest in the Project after a few weeks and haven’t been back because it’s usually a dull rehash of news that isn’t news.

16 Maz { 02.12.14 at 8:59 pm }

Anon @4 -you summed it up brilliantly. You are dictated to as to what to think about certain topics.

It is not just CP who is rude, the whole panel is rude to people who don’t share their ideological bent.

Can’t stand CB either.

17 Alicia { 02.12.14 at 9:13 pm }

BL would help their ratings by being consistent with their airing times. I agree, they should have waited until after the Olympics and aired at 7pm. I would watch that and record MKR.

18 Pollywaffle { 02.12.14 at 11:57 pm }

Alas I wasn’t a Carrie fan either thinking she’s a fakie as all get out but after hearing her talk at an event, oops, was totally wrong- she couldn’t be more lovely and genuine. I guess we all read a bit more into the tv thing sometimes

19 Veronicali { 02.13.14 at 9:52 am }

Ch 10 programmers are arse!
BL has lost it’s Sunday and Monday spots to SYTYCD as well as being shoved around during the week. Was advertised as being on Tuesday, last minute they pull it to show more snowboarding (ugh so boring).
Yes, move it to 7pm. Can’t stand The Project or CB.

20 brain dead dave { 02.13.14 at 8:57 pm }

Tim and Anna from the Bachelor on The Project tomorrow night.

21 Littlepetal { 02.13.14 at 8:58 pm }

To confirm their love….

22 Gabby { 02.13.14 at 9:17 pm }

Littlepetal @ 10 thanks for the info on Dave Hughes, shows how much I know. Maybe I will have a look in now that he is not around and see what it’s like these days.

23 brain dead dave { 02.13.14 at 10:00 pm }

Dave Hughes for some confusing reason is still being shown in promos for The Project. He’s out doing stand up again.