My Kitchen Rules – Jess Was Cast For Last Years Series And Other Gossip

jess and felix mkr

The producers must have seen casting gold in Jess from Western Australia as she was cast in the 2013  series but she decided to take a job in Melbourne instead.

TV Week reported she applied to the show with her ex-husband’s  sister but too  promotion to move to Melbourne. instead. Her sister-in-law was unhappy about it. However it appears the move to Melbourne  was also a way of ending her marriage to her partner of more then 11 years, they had been together since they were 15.

Felix her partner on the show is just a friend and he offered to do it with her this time after she was rung by the producers offering her a spot on this season. She told TV Week that she flew back to WA and lived with him and his fiancee for a month to practise their culinary skills.

It will be interesting to see if this actually helped!

Her love life has taken a turn for the better as she has a new partner who she met while filming the show. Interestingly she could not tell him what she was doing and had to keep on telling him she was travelling for work.

Unfortunately for Vikki one of the twins from Victoria is not quite so successful in their love life as she has revealed that she has been single for five years. Considering she is 24 years-old that is since she is 19. Maybe if Harry gets into the next round they can hook up. It is rumoured that Christos and Bianca are romancing.

Of course the relationship that viewers are really fascinated by is Queensland couple Corinne and David aka ‘the captain’. There is a 22 year age gap between them.

TV WEEK again comes up with the gossip.

They say that Corinne met David at at a work function and her friends warned her about the age difference.

She said that age was not a factor as “We have the same interests and he doesn’t act like a 53 year old.”

She was the one who instigated the first date. “When we met , it was just pure excitement. To be honest, that has never gone away.”

She also says starting a family is not important to her. “If it happens, it happens. If it doesn’t, then it doesn’t”.

It all appears to be happy families with Corinne getting on well with with both of his grown up kids as well as being on “good terms” with the mother of his children. Her family also love him.

My Kitchen Rules on SEVEN at 6.30pm Sunday night and 7.30pm Monday to Wednesday.

1 Andrea { 02.16.14 at 10:10 pm }

What about poor Harry thinking the instant restaurant was called Barbeque House!

2 donae { 02.16.14 at 10:14 pm }

Dessert looked like it would go well at a local sausage sizzle, I thought Pete was very generous.

3 brain dead dave { 02.16.14 at 10:39 pm }

Dessert looked like a Tim Tam on a plate ,yet Manu and Pete shot their loads over it. Anything to make the scores closer.

So Jack and the Trophy are getting married? What a waste of toasters. She looked awful in the mini skirt.

Good result. Jowlsy Jr just sweating over the food made me sick.

Harry and Christos maybe not the greatest cooks but more genuine and humble than deluded Jess and that sweating wanker.

4 Littlepetal { 02.16.14 at 10:43 pm }

No…… dont give Tim Tam a bad name. How can Jess dessert scored higher than the mums dessert?? The layers didn’t even set. They were piped on to the base.

5 daisy { 02.16.14 at 11:06 pm }

Yukky poo to Jess’s designing talent. No talent in clothing or furnishing. I hated the baroque. She just seems like a dag.

6 Evan { 02.17.14 at 12:03 am }

Jess and Felix, especially Jess – Couldn’t back up the big talk with actual deeds in the kitchen.
Good riddance to them.
When Pete gave them the score of 2 for their main course, I laughed out loud.
I am pleased that Harry/Christo get another chance, hoping they show some improvement in this next round of instant restaurants.
If the other WA team & David/Corinne could be eliminated next, along with at least 2 out of the 3 gatecrashing teams, I will be a happy viewer.

7 Smythe { 02.17.14 at 7:13 am }

Each of their courses looked terrible. I was surprised that Bree and Jessica gave them a six. They were being overly generous. I expected something very different looking for their dessert. Put the layers together and then refrigerate so the creams are not dripping down the side. Their dessert looked like it was put together by a 5 year old. Cut the biscuit and slop some cream on each slice. Did not look appetizing at all.

At least Jess admitted that she may have been too cocky. Really. LOL

8 Zhee { 02.17.14 at 8:36 am }

Oh great start into the week-end. Hilarious. Like my granny always said “Hochmut kommt vor dem Fall”. She fell flat on her pudding face. Poor girl.
The food looked horrible and I’m grateful I didn’t have to eat any of it.
Maybe it’s just me but did the producers try to use Baroque music during this episode? If so, they failed miserably. If my musical memory doesn’t fool me, they used the Habanera from Carmen, which was composed around 1870.
And well, if that was Jess’ impression she got from Baroque she might have missed out on Europe completely – TWICE!

9 daisy { 02.17.14 at 9:00 am }

Agreed Zhee. I’m not a fan of baroque, nor a fan of Jess’s sense of design/style. Perhaps she over rates her self there too.
How about when she said she has always succeeded at everything? High praise for herself.

10 Trent { 02.17.14 at 9:27 am }

I would have bet my left arm that the show would have kept the two good looking guys in, It would not have mattered if Jess & Felix served the best dishes ever – this rigged show needs the token hot boy group

11 Trent { 02.17.14 at 9:31 am }

P.S Although Harry & Christo do seem like very nice guys!

12 Anonymous { 02.17.14 at 9:37 am }

Trent, I don’t think hot, but the boys are likeable and I’m glad they beat pudding face.
Zhee, thanks for helping me out with that description.

13 Culinary Boner { 02.17.14 at 10:27 am }
14 Arabella { 02.17.14 at 1:42 pm }

Bel and brain dead dave. I am 16 years older than my hubby. We have been married for 29 years. How does that grabya? No one has ever commented on our age difference as they would never know. I look pretty young for my age. But that is not the point. The point is that it does not matter if you are up for it.

15 brain dead dave { 02.17.14 at 1:56 pm }

I made the point clearly, Arabella that there are always individual exceptions, so your post doesn’t surprise me or grab me at all. I wasted my time making that point,obviously. Good for you.

There are many more relationship failures than successes when there is a significant age difference. It’s a sociological fact derived from thousands of cases. As opposed to individual examples.