My Kitchen Rules – Kelly Cried For Two Days After Watching The Show

chloe MKR

Chloe and Kelly are back on our screens tomorrow night on My Kitchen Rules and it will be interesting to see if she is still as out spoken as she was in her first instant round. Kelly is probably hoping this time she gets a kinder edit.

She revealed to news.com.au that she cried for two days after seeing the show and that she also received death threats.

The article states:

The Perth contestant says she cried for two days when the top-rating Channel 7 show started and her boasts that she’s “been to 42 countries” incurred the wrath of the public.

“Look, I can be a bit of a villain, but the thing is, I talk a lot,’’ Ramsay, who is teamed up with friend Chloe James, said.

“I’ve got ADD (Attention Deficit Syndrome) so I don’t stop talking, so it is probably easy for them to get lots of material from me.

“But I’m not denying I said some mean things, I just think I was the cattiest on the table.

“If I’m the most entertaining person at the table and they keep featuring the attention on me then I’ll take that as a compliment.

She also hints the editing was not helping her on screen persona be like:

Ramsay said the now infamous line, “I’ve been to 42 countries”, has been overplayed.

“It was tough to watch,’’ Ramsay said.

“There were some serious cringe moments where it was like, ‘Oh my God, they are playing that again?’

“The 42 countries, I think I said that two or three times, but they played it three or four times every episode.”

It will be interesting to see how her and the Captain aka David get on.

My Kitchen Rules on SEVEN at 7.30pm Monday-Wednesday.

1 brain dead dave { 02.17.14 at 1:48 am }

The correct diagnosis would be ASD ~ attention seeking disorder.

“Youth is wasted on the young”….G.B.Shaw.

2 Zhee { 02.17.14 at 2:39 am }

Ohh, cry me a river…. Poor baby.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I’m not sure about the universe!

3 Sandii { 02.17.14 at 6:45 am }

Wouldn’t it be better if Pete and Manu didn’t know the scores the contestants give each other and then to have them all revealed on the last night. It might stop some of the manipulation of the scores for dramatic effect.I don’t understand how they got a 7 and 6 for that shitty looking dessert.

4 daisy { 02.17.14 at 6:55 am }

Snap, Sandii! I said exactly that to hubby last night. Neither the contestants nor the judges should know what the other half gave.
But even if they aired it like that I would still be suspicious that producers would feed P&M the scores.

5 daisy { 02.17.14 at 6:59 am }

I was surprised they scored a 6 from the Adelaide mums. They said for ‘showing potential’.

I also thought their dessert didn’t look good.

6 Georgie { 02.17.14 at 7:40 am }

This is hilarious.

Before broadcast:
“We were just ourselves – some people really hammed it up, other people were mute or didn’t say what they actually thought.”

After broadcast:
“Look, I can be a bit of a villain, but the thing is, I talk a lot.”

So mute might have been the way to go then Kelly?

7 Littlepetal { 02.17.14 at 8:21 am }

Can’t use ADD as an excuse for bad behaviour

8 Andrea { 02.17.14 at 8:39 am }

I agree that the way the judging works could be made fairer if the scores from the contestants weren’t revealed to the judges so they couldn’t “fix” the result.
Last night was a disaster.

9 Littlepetal { 02.17.14 at 8:47 am }

But this is television. Nothing is secret. Filming crews know everything.

10 Andrea { 02.17.14 at 9:04 am }

Yes they do LP, and viewers are treated like idiots, but we keep coming back for more.
Jess was just on Sunrise and seemed very subdued.

11 Littlepetal { 02.17.14 at 9:10 am }

He he he. I think for the entertainment value. Good food is just a by product.

Jess mentioned her mains is not that bad because Thalia finished her mains but she didn’t said most of then didn’t finish the entrée

12 daisy { 02.17.14 at 9:15 am }

I was a bit shocked when I saw her put brie on those cigars. It looked messy but worse; what a flavour clash!

13 Gabby { 02.17.14 at 9:23 am }

Andrea, the big noters always seem very subdued after a flop.
Looking forward to the gate rashers tonight, hope they can run rings around David and put him right back in his place. I wonder how many hundreds of dollars worth of produce he will crucify this time, thinking good produce equals technique.? Also wonder if he will be drinking while cooking this time?
Lets hope Christos does bulk of cooking and lets hapless Harry just peel the spuds this time around.
I wonder if little Miss Kelly will be game enough to mention her travelling exploits this time around? I hope not, I’m all cringed out.

14 Ryan { 02.17.14 at 11:06 am }

Sorry sweetheart, but you said it two or three times too many. We know the show is edited, but it doesn’t invent personas. She is as presented on the show, by and large.

15 ziii { 02.17.14 at 1:14 pm }

I think this is another case of not everyone is going to like you. Other people in her group picked up on it, so it couldn’t of been a one off. Kelly liked to talk herself up and think she’s the only person to travel.

16 Gidgitvonlarue { 02.17.14 at 4:17 pm }

Ah – the old ‘bad edit’ and I have …….(fill in here – ADD…Bi Polar…) excuse for just being really kind of a snobby arsehole. Look, I’ve feasted out on her on Twitter but always tried to keep it funny. The vitriol she’s received is unfair sure. There are worse people in the world – David and Corrine for instance! (just kidding) – but I’m sorry, no one forced any of these people to go on this show. And it’s not like the show is new and they did not know what they were getting themselves into!!! I’ve only JUST talked my best friend into enterting with me next year and it’s taken 2 years to do so because she KNOWS how mean people can be. But again – no one is forcing any of these people to enter these shows. Rather than her pulling out the ‘boo hoo’ cards – stand by what you’ve said. Yes I’ve been to 43 countries and I’m damn proud I have. I love travelling, it’s one of my passions and been lucky to be given the opportunity to do so – so there! I’d respect her more if she said that!!!!

17 ann { 02.18.14 at 7:57 pm }

I think it is time to grow up and accept responsibility for her behaviour, rather than blame it on her disorder. ADD doesn’t make people try-hards & nasty.

18 Please make it stop { 02.19.14 at 9:05 pm }

It’s her facial expressions that make me want to claw my eyes out.

19 Georgie { 02.19.14 at 9:30 pm }

I know what you mean Pmis and I detected shades of that beastess Sophia from last year in some of the facial contortions tonight. Maybe she did watch it religiously after all.

20 Susana { 04.28.14 at 9:44 pm }

She reminds me of Cinderella ‘s step sisters. Her attitude and meanness.She needs alot of growing up!!!