The Block – Lysandra and Alisa Are Not Happy They Are Not The Golden Girls

Another week on The Block and another week of filler. One way of padding it out is the weekly Shelly challenge. Yes it gives the teams an opportunity to win $5000 but it must irritate them that it takes a day out from renovating.

Lysandra and Alisa are struggling with the fact they are know longer the favoured children and the cracked last night when Kyal and Kara won the challenge for the third week in a row with their industrial style table in the Mark Tuckey furniture challenge.

They sobbed to camera they were being judged harsher then the others and sulked that when they did something good it was not being recognised. Basically they thought they had the win.

They did have a point about their herb table being far more original then Kyal and Kara’s. However the NSW couples made a very elegant looking table and it has to go in the apartments. Props to Kara for getting being happy to get on the tools. She is a big fan of Mark Tucker so was really enjoying the challenge. Their table did look a little low.

Steve and Chandelle have good ideas but just push it too far. They passed over on the castor wheels the K’s used. They instead went for a ladder and a trolley it just looked uneven and mish mash.

Tonight  Shelly coming around to give advice she thought Chantelle and Steve’s feature wall was too ambitious,  and there was also the  ongoing debate about the firewall. Due to an oversight there was a debate on whose apartments were going to lose some space. Scott Cam reckon he had been on the phone sorting it out with the architect!

The Block’s blokey humour irritates me but it reached new levels of sexism when they “showcased” a female chippie. There was the slow motion footage and the camera panning up and down. As well as Keith being quite surprised that she was doing a good job. Kyal piped up and said a few of the guys have got their eye on her.

The Block Fans V Favourites on Sunday night at 6.30pm.

1 Eliza { 02.22.14 at 1:37 am }

Flying in to Tokyo then heading straight down to Hiroshima and back up to Tokyo via Osaka and Kyoto and we’ll visit places like Nara, Nikko and Mt Fuji via day trips. Hopefully see some lovely cherry blossoms (well, we better considering it’s so much more expensive to go at this time of the year!). Popping into Hong Kong and Macau on the way too seeing as we’ll be stopping over anywhoo.

I am going to hit the hay but let me know if you have any recommendations!!!

2 daisy { 02.22.14 at 2:11 am }

OK. There is hotel I like in Kyoto if you don’t want a Ryokan. It was the only place I ever stayed with room to swing a cat.
I will check where we liked and get back to you. I love Kyoto and Tokyo. I love Takayama too.
So Eliza…..snow. :)
There is a little Miss 6 half Japanese lying cuddled up next to me asking, “Who’s Eliza?”

3 daisy { 02.22.14 at 2:21 am }

One time we went in April. We saw all the cherry blossoms and then when we went to Takayama it was snowing lovely soft fluffy snow. We stayed in a sprawling ryokan and hubby and I bathed outside in the evening in hot springs. Then OMG, it started snowing. At my prompting, naked hubby got out, lay on the ground and made a snow angel. I couldn’t believe any of it was real. It was like being in a beautiful snow globe.

4 Zhee { 02.22.14 at 9:51 am }

Now I’m jealous. :) Japan. <3 I think I won't be able to afford it – ever. I couldn't buy shoes for months. Oh dear. When I was a teenager I was all over Japan, decorated my room with fake cherry blossoms etc. I even had a Japanese pen pal.

Regarding the typos is RR's postings… I personally don't care. It's not The Times or Newsweek. Please don't be offended, RR: I can spot them too – I'm not even mother tongue English (but then again, I'm always happy to find mistakes in English postings, it just proves to me that I'm getting better with the language. Same with French for me.). I would not complain about it, I simply enjoy reading the postings. I suppose most of them happen when the sentence is phrased already and then you decide to change something. This makes sentences look kind of awkward but usually you don't spot those mistakes. I know it from work myself and if you are not used to spot the mistakes and edit them, it's really hard and it takes a lot of training.
Btw, something that drives me crazy. What's with that "would of"? It doesn't exist. I read it a few times in the comments here (not from RR). I also read it in Australian customers' petitions as well in American petitions at work. :)

Anyway, Tell it like it is – why don't you sent RR your feedback instead of criticising her in one of her postings? Maybe you could graciously offer yourself as a proof reader.

Oooops, something Block-related. Damn, those twins are starting to annoy me. Talking about self entitlement. I didn’t mind them too much during last season as they always delivered good or even great rooms but I’;m so over people feeling entitled to win something just because they made an appearance.

So, Daisy, off to 30Rock. I am halfway through season 6 now. It’s coming closer to an end. Next on my menu: Modern Family. Then I start running out of TV shows.

Edit, Fuck, that was a wall of text. :O Good night and good luck!

5 brain dead dave { 02.22.14 at 10:16 am }

Those twins are so ugly, they’d need to sneak up on a glass to get a drink of water. (attr to Bo Diddley)

6 PollyB { 02.22.14 at 10:50 am }

TV – Thanks.
So now we know, Chantelle applied for The Block to raise her profile and nine is giving her a shot. I wonder where she’ll pop up once this is finished.

7 Littlepetal { 02.22.14 at 11:08 am }

Talking about Masterchef, I almost spill coffee all over my notebook when I read this about Kelty. He is still living in gagaland.

This is what he said about himself:

I became one of the most talked about contestants in Masterchef history because of my articulate nature, my skill, empathy and willingness to ‘tell it how it is’.

8 brain dead dave { 02.22.14 at 11:20 am }

The capacity for delusion by these insane fame whores has no limits. Calling Dr.Phil.

Kelty in fact was one of the most laughed at contestants in Ma$terchef history because he served sardines that hadn’t been gutted. That’s just a small part of his mindless journey.

Chantelle’s profile has got so much bullshit in it, I’m surprised she hasn’t claimed she can walk on water. Noting that nothing on there is to do with renovating.

It’s rare to see truly famous, accomplished individuals shamelessly blowing smoke up their arses like this.

9 daisy { 02.22.14 at 11:22 am }

Ha, Littlepetal. The citizens of Gagaland sure are modest. 😆

Bo Didley, that’s a good one.

10 Anonymous { 02.22.14 at 11:28 am }

I am a good cook, I am a good cook. I can cook better than them blah blah blah. Only in my kitchen I can say I am a better cook. Can I start to think that I am the best cook/chef in the world??? Only in my dreams.

11 Littlepetal { 02.22.14 at 11:32 am }

Sorry #60 is from me. The one who thinks she is the best cook in the world (in her dream)

12 Andrea { 02.22.14 at 12:45 pm }

Zhee@54, I’m with you there hating the “would of “, ” could of ” instead of the “would have “, “could have “, it is annoying.
Seems to be the common thing with the younger generation these days, but its not proper English.

13 techhater { 02.22.14 at 1:04 pm }

Gabby @19 I do the same thing, mostly fast forward through Harissa & Lasagne segments. Which seem to take up the most time every episode.

BDD@43 Thanks for that goss.

So Lasagne leaves her hubby for someone who worked on the block last year. My question is, where is Shiran the “wonder builder” from the past two seasons. I don’t know but I’m just putting it out there. I was actually surprised at the start of this season that he wasn’t onboard with the twins again.

14 techhater { 02.22.14 at 1:20 pm }

Andrea@62 The trouble is the younger generation aren’t taught proper English anymore.

15 Techhater { 02.22.14 at 3:02 pm }

I just watched the wheel of misfortune episode and it seems ambiguous but maybe it was K&K who had to fork out the $3,000.

Kara’s telling one of the twins about it and Steve mentions that he got a bonus from K&K.

16 Georgie { 02.22.14 at 7:37 pm }

I don’t watch this but from what I’ve read, maybe it should be called The Schlock.

17 Eliza { 02.23.14 at 2:08 am }

Techhater, I was wondering the same thing about Shiran.. Possibly he needed a break, or something more suspicious?! I too was under the impression that the Ks give the money, and iSelect provide the money when the all round winning prizes are won.

Zhee, never say never! I never pictured myself heading over anytime soon. I have only been ‘across the ditch’ to New Zealand before this (it is absolutely stunning if you ever get the chance) but am trying to make travel a somewhat priority now while I don’t have too many responsibilities in life! I studied Japanese at school so I had a couple of students come over and stay with me which was always interesting. I think we wrote to each other for a while.

Daisy, I have booked all the accommodation because everything was booking out! It is an extremely popular time to be going to Japan. I won’t be surprised if I bump into people I know while I am there. It is all pretty expensive right now too :( I really had better see some cherry blossoms!! Wouldn’t mind a bit of snow too :) I won’t make it to Takayama, but hopefully as far across as Matsumoto.

18 Smythe { 02.23.14 at 2:27 am }

I was also wondering about Shiran. When I read that the twins were going to be on again, I expected to see him back. Saw a lot of him in previous Block whereas don’t see much of the twin’s new builder. Luke seems to get a lot of airtime.

19 daisy { 02.23.14 at 8:28 am }

Eliza, when we went in April we were fortunate enough to see the cherry blossoms everywhere and have snow. But the snow was at higher altitudes and was apparently not quite the time of year for it. Keep us posted on your trip.

20 Eliza { 02.23.14 at 12:16 pm }

I’ll be there end of March/ early April which is the predicted time for the cherry blossoms hence why prices are sky high!

21 Maz { 02.23.14 at 2:50 pm }

Finally saw the challenge episode. I can understand the twins being pissed off as they had a better finished product compared to the other teams. Though herbs in the middle of the table is not an original idea. It has been on Gardening Australia and Better Homes and Gardens.

OMG. What were Chatelle and Steve thinking? Is the rule embedded in the tabletop homage to Spotlight? When I saw the finish product all I can think who ever purchases their apartment will have to completely gutter it and start again if that table is going to be featured in a future room. (Granted they may de-construct it like the Skyhigh teams did to the bed head).

22 Gabby { 02.23.14 at 3:33 pm }

By the time poor old Chantelle has done decorating her apartment it will look like an advert for ‘Crazy Clarks’.

23 Eliza { 02.23.14 at 6:29 pm }

Haha, Gabby… She certainly does need some help getting a more luxurious feel into the apartment rather than the $2 shop. I love retro/vintage and own a number of pieces of Parker furniture but she doesn’t get the balance right at all, especially when these apartments are meant to be sold for 2 million ++

24 Gabby { 02.23.14 at 7:41 pm }

Eliza good old Parker furniture, you can’t beat it, quality craftsmanship. Like you my daughter loves it.
Thank you for your comment on the other site, it really meant a lot.

25 Roes { 02.25.14 at 10:56 pm }

Heh, best spelling gaff is on Chantelle’s star page- she apparently has done lots of ‘ammeter’ acting.

Channel 9’s use of reality contestants who are already successful in entertainment is becoming supremely irritating. Big Brother was a total farce in that respect- and I’m pretty sure The Voice is also in this category.

26 Helen { 03.07.14 at 1:44 am }

I really don’t like S&C they are full BS i never seen anyone like them as if they are here in a vacation.