My Kitchen Rules – The Captain Sinks Alongside His Girlfriend

Corinne’s ex-husband dodged a bullet by her running off with David as he revealed in his interview with Woman’s Day that Corinne had wanted to go on the show with him. Though I doubt the ex would have been casting gold like the older David is. However the cuckold husband did reveal David can’t cook and he and Corinne once threw out a Spag Bol that he had brought over.

David looks like he was enjoying the television spotlight and if the constantly kissing couple are kicked off the show tonight lets hope they don’t try and extend their fifteen minutes of fame by leaking a sex tape. Even I would not press play on that one. The episode had enough Benny Hill type innuendoes anyway with Corinne saying to David “You’re doing a great job baby pounding that pork”.

Now that David is on the way out the My Kitchen Rules producers need someone else for the viewers to dislike and it looks like it is going to be Cathy. Cathy is being portrayed as the Lady of The Manor  saying they [David and Corinne] are not the sort of people she would invite back to her house. Did they remind her too much of Upper Middle Bogan? She also said she would never go to an RSL. So her daughter Anna did not do her debutante ball in the country?

You wonder what she would think of Harry being a potential son-in-law? Probably she would cope as his family own land as well and he probably went to the right private school in Melbourne. However may not have the WASP look that Cathy would approve of.

Chloe is not a fan of Anna and Cathy’s either and wants them to go, but maybe she is just envious that the pair can pull more painful faces then she can.

Harry admits that he has been set up as the lothario of the series. In the latest TV WEEK he said every dinner he was the one sat beside the single girls and he just went with it. Apparently he is not as flirty in real life.

Anna was not interested and seem to think Harry was attempting to punch above his weight. She also revealed she was practically married.

After all that little side plot at the table it was the kitchen which was producing the main drama because Corinne and David revealed they actually cannot cook.

Their entree was Corn Soup with Avocado and Prawns. What is Corinne’s obsession with avocado? The avocado was plopped into the middle of the plate with the thick corn soup plated around it. David had cooked the prawns saying they were all perfect. They weren’t  as Pete said to him he had put too many in the pan and they had braised. Manu said the soup had the same consistency as baby food.

Pete also scolded about the fact the corn was a puree not a soup. After the harsh criticism David came back into the kitchen and said “The intensity has just gone up a level”. Which resulted in him not upping the his game but just having another glass of red. Or maybe he meant it for Corinne to up her game as she appears to be the do everything woman including ironing his pants. No wonder she is fourth partner.

The main was Pork Medallions with Cauliflower Puree and Green Beans which Josh and Danielle thought it was boring and thought it was something to get in a RSL. Seriously that was an insult to RSL’s it was more like hospital food.

David seems to obsess over the stupid things like making the beans the same size and counting them so they all have the same amount. Instead he should have been trying to make a palatable mushroom sauce. It looked disgusting. Some mushrooms mixed with butter, cream, cheese and cornflour. It looked like something you would eat in the middle of winter not a dish that would suit tropical Cairns.

Kooky Carly who acts 21 years of age but is actually 32 revealed she does not like pork since she saw the movie Babe.Her reasoning is she does not like to eat an animal that talks. However she does eat bacon.  Yes folks this person is teaching our children.

Manu did not hold back he said it looked horrible and the pork was not a medallion. Pete politely said “If you don’t know how to make a puree, if you don’t know how to do the most amazing mushroom sauce, then I don’t think this stage of the competition is where you should be putting together a dish like this”.

Chloe thought it was the worst dish in the competition.

The chocolate cake  which was more in texture to a creme caramel looked like it was going to give the pair some redemption. It did not. Corinne had over cooked it and it was basically inedible. Also the cream looked over whipped but in hindsight that was the least of the dishes problems.

The upside of their night for both the diners and the cooks were they were on time and organised but that was not going to give them extra points.

The scores were:

Carly and Tresne – 7 (Carly needs to stop reading those positive thinking books)

Chloe and Kelly – 3

Josh and Danielle – 2

Cathy and Anna – 2

Harry and Christo – 1 (they must have really hated David’s yarns)

Total 15/50.

Pete gave a two for entree, a two for main, a two for dessert and Manu gave a one for entree, a three for main, a two for dessert.

For a grand total of 27 and at this stage is the lowest score in MKR history.  Well it will at least give David something to boast about at his next dinner party.

Ironically it would have been smarter for the other contestants to collude to keep Josh and Danielle at the bottom of the table as they can actually cook whereas Corinne and David have no chance of taking the $250,000 prize.

Tonight Cathy and Anna cook it will be interesting to see if they can handle the pressure of the kitchen but don’t expect them to bring in the ratings like Corinne and David did. They should pay them a bonus with over 2 million viewers nationally and being the highest rating show of the night.

My Kitchen Rules on Monday to Wednesday at 7.30pm.

1 Eliza { 02.27.14 at 1:37 am }

Zhee, you and I are TV twins. I find it hard to converse with friends about TV shows as they too would rather watch all those ‘cool’ shows like Dexter and Game of Thrones. I even tried that once and it was too graphic for me. It is also why I come here to discuss RTV with all of you.

DW, I love all those teen shows too! Don’t think I ever won’t haha I could watch shows like The Hills, etc all day long. I can tolerate True Blood too but I am not a huge fan. I also love Hart of Dixie.. That show is fluff to the MAX, although the latest season has been a fizzer, unfortunately. I would recommend if you haven’t seen it. Oh and I love New Girl and yep, bring on re-runs of friends any day! I am almost through re-watching all episodes of The OC as I hadn’t seen them since I actually was a teenager.

Oh, thanks for the heads up about Drive, think I’ll give it a miss, eh.

2 daisy { 02.27.14 at 2:01 am }

Oh no, Saw would be way out of my zone. Even the tiny idea of what it is about makes my skin crawl.
The Walking Dead is as bad as it gets and I think that’s because I know it’s not real. It’s not scary to me but I hate things like Hannibal lecture. I hate things with sick cruelty. I just can’t bear it because I know it really happens in the world whereas zombies, not so much.

Zhee and Eliza you are two fluffy bunnies.

Zhee, just watched another great 30R. The one where the new guy starts work and Tracy and Jenna are the “Problem Solvers”

3 Zhee { 02.27.14 at 3:14 am }

The weird thing is that I’m usually be put in a different category (I’m pale and always dressed in black…). Everyone expect me to like Metal music, I remember a colleague at work asking me if I want to join her for a gothic party. Everyone also suggests me shows like Dexter, Walking Dead and so on. They always look shocked when I tell them “Thank you, I prefer shows like Pushing Daisies.”. Same with movies.

Btw, I have no clue what The Hills is. But I admit I love to watch The Carrie Diaries. It’s cute and airy and sometimes I don’t want to use my brain when I watch TV. On the other hand I also love Downton Abbey which most of my friends consider to be too “heavy and complicated”…

4 daisy { 02.27.14 at 4:03 am }

I just started watching Downton this week for the first time and I liked it.
Nothing wrong with wearing black. It’s a good (non) colour.

So Zhee, I will have to check time zones to see when you’re up.
BTW, did I tell you I learned French and German at school. I was good at them too, but that was a long time ago and I have forgetten a lot. That’s why it’s great to watch shows like the Returned. I start recalling my French.
Guten abend und Bon nuit.

5 Zhee { 02.27.14 at 4:40 am }

Gute Nacht. :) It’s currently 6.30 pm in France. It’s difficult for me to get your time zones right as you have different ones. Usually when I get active in the evening it’s the middle of the night in Australia. And I’m only active here in the morning when I’m on my week-end. Otherwise “busy bee” at work and it happens maybe once a month that I surf through the net while working.

6 daisy { 02.27.14 at 4:46 am }

It’s a bummer for you to be in a different zone.
Guten nacht.

7 Eliza { 02.27.14 at 11:30 am }

It’s the blood and gore that gets me in the Walking Dead.. All the body parts everywhere. The zombies, not so much.. They are actually quite funny!

Zhee, The Hills is a ‘reality’ show based on teens/twenties somethings in ‘The Hills’ of California (OC, Hollywood, Beverly Hills). It’s one of those ‘real’ shows but it is known that it is somewhat scripted and situations forced. It is over and done now, running from around 2006-2010 ish I think. It is what most people would call absolute trash, but I love it. All the fake drama really gets me. Plus, they are all about my age so I love being all like “what is wrong with them?!”. You must of seen/heard of Heidi Montag and her plastic surgeries?! If not, Google.. she destroyed herself, unfortunately. One part of the show you’d wish was fake, for her sake.

Awkward (MTV show) is super addictive too.. It’s based on high school kids but because high school kids in TV shows are always somehow extra sophisticated/their lives are so dramatic, I have enjoyed it as a light hearted, drama filled and funny show. My high school life was less than exciting so you can live vicariously through their drama.. haha.

Daisy, you were up very late last night/this morning! You are becoming a night owl too.. hoo hoo

By the looks of the timing of your comment, Zhee, France would be 10 hours behind me on the east coast of Aus, and so 7 hours behind the west coast. Now, when daylight savings ends here soon (sad face, I love the extra light), we’ll reduce that difference to 9 hours on the east coast!

8 Sandii { 02.27.14 at 11:39 am }

Eliza 147. Ryan Gosling, big sigh! He is lovely. The Notebook is my favourite movie.

9 Eliza { 02.27.14 at 11:42 am }

I wouldn’t be able to go to France anytime soon, I don’t speak any French whatsoever, except bonjiour!

I chose Japanese over French and German in high school which made it hard towards the end so my friends and I dropped out in the final year bc the other few left in our class were Asian (with prior Japanese knowledge) so we had no chance of beating them and would have been scaled down massively for our HSC I think (plus, it got super hard). We used to ‘share’ answers in just about all our tests and would have been lost without each other.

When I was in my younger years of primary school we learned Greek, which is actually quite unique for a school to teach I would have thought. Although we did have quite a few Greek kids in the eastern suburbs. I just remember my teacher being this larger than life Greek lady with massive curly hair! She was great.

10 Smythe { 02.28.14 at 4:22 am }

Thanks for posting those creative breakfast dishes that could have been cooked by Capt. Jack and trophy. They fit in with their cooking style….pureed, overcooked, undercooked, and just plain unappetizing and inedible.

11 daisy { 02.28.14 at 4:28 am }

Eliza my dil, (who is now my daughter because we don’t do ils, they’re all my kids when they marry) is Japanese.
Such a lovely girl. She has been coming over and doing nice things for me since I had foot surgery. She and my son have given us two of our lovely grandchildren.
She is from Gifu prefecture.

12 daisy { 02.28.14 at 4:29 am }

Smythe, how good were our shows this week. I’m excited to see more.

13 Smythe { 02.28.14 at 4:54 am }

Daisy, I thoroughly enjoy OB and The Returned. How many more clones will there be? What is causing the dead to rise again and not in a zombified state? If you want to watch something campy, bad (and I don’t mean the good connotation of “bad”), silly, stupid try out “Lost Girl”. I don’t know why I watch it but maybe because it’s one of those programs which is so bad that I laugh at the stupidity or maybe I’m just bored.

14 Smythe { 02.28.14 at 4:58 am }

Eliza, The actors/extras who play the zombies actually have to attend zombie school. They are graded on their look and performance and either fail and are eliminated or pass and get to be on the show.

15 daisy { 02.28.14 at 5:16 am }

Smythe,I will look for it since we are on the same page with the others.
I’m not sure hm many clones but I havetheory about the boy in TR and why he went to the lady with the scars. Iwon’t say more in case viewers are behind.

16 daisy { 02.28.14 at 5:18 am }

I’d hate to be able to pass zombie school.
“Yeah, you look dead”.

17 daisy { 02.28.14 at 5:19 am }

I’d better go to sleep now. See you tomorrow.

18 Sandii { 02.28.14 at 6:52 am }

Daisy @161, that is a beautiful way to live. When I got together with my husband his lovely Nanna always proudly introduced me as her grand daughter. It was so warm and welcoming, I fell in love with her straight away.

19 Zhee { 02.28.14 at 7:46 am }

Zombie school? Wow, I guess all the rejected “zombies” are now my co-workers…
Eliza, in Germany it is actually happening quite often that you can still learn Greek but most common regarding the “old and dead” languages is Latin. Some schools even offer Hebrew. But Japanese? Wow, you can usually wait until uni to learn it. Same with Chinese. The European languages are more common. Usually we start with English as 5th graders, then we can choose another language in 7th grade. My school also provided Spanish, Russian and Italian classes. But those 3 never were relevant to our overall grades.

For the TV show lovers: My boyfriend thinks that Almost Human is currently one of the best things in TV. To be honest, I haven’t watched it until today. :) But: Karl Urban is in it and I like him since I saw him in LOTR: The Towers. On the other hand he thinks Scandal is trash, which I enjoy watching a lot.

20 Smythe { 02.28.14 at 3:12 pm }

I posted #160 in the wrong place. :-)

21 Smythe { 02.28.14 at 3:26 pm }

“Almost Human” is a good program which holds my interest. I also like “Sleepy Hollow”.

Daisy…if you watch “Lost Girl” be forewarned that it really is stupid. The premise, characters, dialogue and story line…silly and ridiculous. It almost seems to be a parody of itself.

22 daisy { 02.28.14 at 5:40 pm }

If it’s mad I might like it, like Super Fun Night, IT crowd and the new season of 30R. When is it on?

23 Eliza { 03.01.14 at 1:56 am }

Sorry, I am back after a day busy cleaning. It is my brother’s wedding tomorrow so I really should get some beauty sleep soon! I will soon have a sister!

Daisy, I remember you telling me your DIL was Japanese. I don’t know if this will sounds wrong, but half Asian babies/kids are the cutest!

Smythe, I think I recall hearing about the zombie school! Daisy, you’re right, I wouldn’t want to be told that I am great at being dead either. Did anyone see the prank they did in the US to promote the new season? They had zombies hide under grates on the street and scare people as they walked over! I would have freaked out! I have seen ‘Lost Girl’ advertised on Foxtel, mostly when I was re-watching every ep of Buffy.. It does look like one of those addictive trashy shows.

Wow, Zhee.. you get the chance to learn so many languages! I wish that I knew a few.. I guess it is never too late to learn! O-M-G, I love Karl Urban! I find him absolutely hilarious in the Star Trek movies: “good God, man!” “dammit.. I’m a doctor!”. The LOTR movies are in my top faves list. I am a real nerd when it comes to those action/adventure movies. He was good in those too, but at that stage when the movies first came out, I am pretty sure I was too distracted by Orlando Bloom. When I have been in NZ I just picture all the characters running around! I have been to a number of shooting locations and went to Hobbiton on the last visit.. It was really cool! You would not believe the spot where they filmed the battle scenes in The Two Towers.. This small little quarry outside Wellington! Oh and I got to see the giant Sauron suit close up. They make rubber look so much like metal. Sorry, got a bit carried away. Here are some fun pics for you:

I always get ‘Almost Human’ and ‘Being Human’ mixed up. If you like all those vampire/warewolf shows, the UK version of BH is ok, plus it stars my new celebrity husband.

24 daisy { 03.01.14 at 2:05 am }

I agree and I think most people think the same about mixed babies, Eliza. Nothing wrong with that.
And they do have good features..

I love prank shows like Benidorm Bastards or Gags but I HATE the ones where people get terrified. I am amazed that people risk doing that when someone could get hurt.
The biggest fright I would want is people jumping out from behind the lounge and yelling “Surprise” for a birthday party.

Random: Doc Phil was furious today and rightfully so.

25 Smythe { 03.01.14 at 5:09 am }

Daisy, There might be reruns on Foxtel. Not sure about that, though. I watched it on the net.

Eliza, Buffy could be silly but a better program overall than Lost Girl.

26 daisy { 03.01.14 at 7:20 am }

Sorry Smthye. We don’t have foxtel. But I can get hubby to dl for me one day when there is nothing on. Right now, I am working to keep up.

If it’s like the Zooey D “girl” one, it won’t be my style, even though I liked her in Elf.

Eliza, all the best for your brother’s wedding.

27 Zhee { 03.01.14 at 8:51 am }

Hmm, it’s pretty common in Germany with the different languages in school – but it depends on the school type. I don’t think that any other country has soooo many different types. One which is finished after 9 years, one after 10, one after 13 (now they downsized to 12 I think) – I included the 4 elementary school years here. :) Then you also have several different other school concepts… I attended the 13 year one (called Gymnasium). It’s also the only one which allows you to attend a university. So you usually have a huge amount of classes to choose from. Ours was focused on modern languages. Here’s quite a nice Wiki entry about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymnasium_(Germany)

Lost Girl, hrhr, I hated it. But my best friend was a total fan because of the lead actress. 😉 Every week we watched it and I hated it but I didn’t say a word because she liked it so much. She also loved Buffy. Well, she even loved Twilight….

28 Smythe { 03.01.14 at 1:29 pm }

I think I have the entire Buffy series in my video collection. Maybe I shouldn’t admit to that. :-) I should look for it and have a Buffy marathon.

29 Eliza { 03.02.14 at 2:36 am }

No shame in that at all, Smythe.. Buffy = awesome (well, seasons 2 and 3, but mostly 2).

30 Zhee { 03.02.14 at 9:50 am }

Daisy, did you think that something is off with Alec Baldwin’s face in 30Rock’s 6th season? He coloured the hair and his face looks weird like he went the Mickey Rourke route… I am totally irritated. 😀

31 daisy { 03.02.14 at 11:49 am }

Now that you mention it, it’s motionless.
I’ll look properly next time it’s on.
I thought it was odd when they did the vasectomy episode and had a faux romantic moment between Jack and Liz. I thought, “Aren’t you grandpa age?” I do like him as Jack though.

32 http://www.youtube.com/ { 03.22.14 at 10:30 pm }

I am sure this article has touched all the
internet viewers, its really really pleasant paragraph on building up new web site.

33 sex finder { 05.08.14 at 12:20 pm }

Control your jealousy and anger when you find out that he’s seeing someone new.
Where are you going. You feel low self-esteem and rejected after an emotional break up; causing
you to doubt yourself.

Look at my homepage … sex finder