The Amazing Race All Stars Kicks Off With A Casualty Before The Starting Line

The Amazing Race All Stars season kicked off in Los Angeles but there was a casualty before the race started. With Boffa from Kentucy having a pancreas attack the day before the race started. He had to medically withdraw and fellow Kentucky racer Mallory was brought in. They will be at a disadvantage due to not knowing each other but still it is better to have a crack at the $1million then not.

The full cast list is here, but some of my favourites are back the Afghanimals, the Sri Lankan twins and Margie who is just amazing.

The teams had to do a puzzle to decide who would get on the first plane. The Afghanimals were as were the Sri Lankan girls and once they landed in Guangzhou, China they decided to work together. But Nadiya and Natalie soon realised the boys were a hotter mess then they were. They had to got bridal market and track down one of three bridal wear shops to receive their next clue. Not sure why it took the girls so long to find it why were they not asking people where it was?

Jet and Cord the silent but deadly cowboys just got on with it and grabbed a clue and set off to the observation ride which was on top of a tower. There were clues in only half of the carriages and once in you had to do the full rotation which was approximately half an hour. It did not take long for some of the teams to work out the clue was in the even numbered carriages.

Then it was time for the roadblock, which was doing five somersaults on a highwire. It looked great but basically the order they hit the roadblock was the order they left. These challenges always annoy me slightly as it does not give the team behind an opportunity to catch up.  The cowboys were first to the pitstop and got the two express passes. One for them and one to give to another team.

For Nadiya and Natalie once their day started falling apart they could not make a decision and were hesistant about which carriage to get into. And of course they started fighting with each other. They were last to the pitstop and were eliminated, which was a pity as these two are such big characters and competitive racers.

An elimination interview with the girls can be read here.

1 Trent { 02.28.14 at 9:58 am }

Looking like its going to be an awesome season..
I have always loved the vivacious fun Mallory but am annoyed she has been forced to compete for that horrendous negative grump Mark.

2 daisy { 02.28.14 at 12:11 pm }

Great result for me last night. Bye bye, horrible twins.
Afanimals next and double yay. Sorry RR. I don’t like them.

3 drb123 { 02.28.14 at 2:29 pm }

Back to watching the Amazing Race for the first time in three years. First encounter with the twins last night, good Christ they were awful. The cowboys and Globetrotters are still favourites, integrity is always appreciated in this game

4 Sue { 02.28.14 at 2:44 pm }

It’s Bopper not Boffa.
I am super pleased the Twinnies went no further than the first pit stop.

5 Sioux Denim { 03.01.14 at 4:44 am }

Great start to this season…twins gawn!

Really looking forward to the coming weeks…

6 daisy { 03.01.14 at 7:05 am }

drb, imagine what it was like last time they were on. We had weeks of their smuggness and rudeness. I found them really demeaning to mant locals, while professing, “We are just like them. They are our bros”. Yeah only they didn’t grow up with a house and a bed.

Having the same skin colour doesn’t make you like someone, especially when one party is a spoilt brat and the others had had to live on the street. It might have been OK if there were any signs of them believing their own BS.
Anyhow, sorry. This is a time to be happy.
Yay. It was the best.

7 Sioux Denim { 03.01.14 at 2:43 pm }

Couldn’t have said it better Daisy!

8 daisy { 03.01.14 at 3:08 pm }

I think you could have Sioux. You probably wouldn’t have typed ‘mant’. Not even I know what that was meant to say.

9 Carole { 03.01.14 at 7:06 pm }

Same here, was so glad the Twinnies went first. I was turned off them last time when they stole that teams money. They were so stupid arguing outside the capsules. I was yelling just fucking get in one. They were right at the bridal shop, but walked off, then by the time they went back, all the clues were gone.

10 Sue { 03.07.14 at 2:16 pm }

Episode Two:
Did you notice that Dave/Connor started this leg after Margie/Luke when they had finished the previous leg before them?

Do you think Mark/Mallory lost the leg because they went back for the rucksack? Would you have gone back?

There is no doubt the last minute team was lacking in understanding and teamwork. Also, Mallory had a suspicion that she was responsible for leaving the rucksack behind but she wasn’t going to admit to it in front of the camera.

And why did no one choose the cupping? All they had to do was lie there while an expert did it instead of failing badly at featherball.

11 daisy { 03.07.14 at 2:29 pm }

I would have chosen tbe cupping because I’d never manage the hackey sack.
And how many back packs can you buy for 1\2 a million ( his share). No way I’d go back. What was he thinking? But yeah, we don’t know if that’s what lost it for them.
Perhaps we could get an interview.

12 Sioux Denim { 03.08.14 at 12:41 am }

Could not understand at all the need to go back for the rucksack….guess playing with a different team mate is a totally different ball game….have to admit haven’t seen either of these two in previous episodes but could see a lotta love from previous contestants…..

Was seriously surprised as well no one did the cupping task…have had jt before and its quite relaxing and invigorating, maybe a couple of teams may have needed it…..

13 daisy { 03.08.14 at 12:45 am }

I may have been cupped once or twice myself.

But not with glasses.

14 techhater { 03.08.14 at 1:31 pm }

So glad the twins have gone, didn’t like them last time either.

I’m having trouble with my faves this season. There seem to be a few.
The Cowboys
The Afghanimals (sorry Daisy)
Globetrotters
Rachelle and Brendon (even though they p*ssed me off last time, they were good entertainment)

and I did like the Hillbillies, but it just wasn’t the same with Mallory. Her whiney voice annoyed me last time and she showed little respect to her dad, so wasn’t expecting anything better this time. Glad she’s gone, sorry for the Hillbilly.

15 daisy { 03.08.14 at 3:20 pm }

No need to be sorry TH. We like who we like.
That haven’t really got my favourite types, like those happy hippy boys or the two hillbillies from last season. I’m not minding the You tube couple or the couple that didn’t use their express pass and got out last time.

16 Sioux Denim { 03.14.14 at 11:48 pm }

Wow, too many nice people in this series….where are the villians? Even Leo and Jamal are nice this time around. I guess though the best thing about this whole show is the Race and how bloody good is it? Bring it on, dont care who wins just love the whole adventure….

17 Sioux Denim { 03.14.14 at 11:58 pm }

Heh RR, I am sure I saw on this site a link to an interview where you mentioned Phil had once stood on the mat for 19 hrs once waiting for a team to come in…do you still have that link pls?