My Kitchen Rules – Sweltering It Out In The School Yard
Apologies for the late recap. Last night the remaining contestants on My Kitchen Rules were sent to Bankstown Public School. The kitchen was set up in the bitumen playground and it looked very very hot indeed.
Here are a few thoughts on the episode:
- The parents of the kids must have been thrilled to see them without hats in that blazing sun, but I suppose if your child is on TV you do want to see their faces;
- The contestant’s must have been told the demographics of the school, which has a large percentage of kids of Middle Eastern Descent and that is why there was no pork dishes. Props to the producers for going to Bankstown instead of some fancy pants North Shore or Eastern Suburbs school;
- The heat was affecting Carly and Tresne’s pizza dough as there was butter in it. When has there ever been butter in pizza dough?
- Harry and Christo made Lamb Pita Pockets. They decided they did not have time to make their own pita bread and had store bought. Which is not a huge issue but there was not a lot of prep to the dish except chopping up lettuce, making Tsasiki and cooking and chopping the lamb. Christo ended up over cooking the lamb as he kept on flambeing it. Manu said to Pete that the boys will need to step up if they want to stay in the competition. I would say they need to learn to cook if they want to stay in the competition.
- Chloe and Kelly were told by the judges that they had the dish of the day with their Turkey Nachos with homemade Spelt Chips. May have to check out this recipe but won’t be making the spelt chips.
- Bree and Jessica were told their Bolognese was too bland, which is probably not a negative thing for kids but was for the judges. They made the same criticism of Josh and Danielle’s Mexican Beef Wrap.
- Jason is starting to come over as a bit of a douche and needs to stop bossing his wife Annie around so much;
- Uel and Shannelle were thrilled that their fish fingers were voted the best dish by the kids so this means they are safe from elimination this week which must be a relief.
- Carly and Tresne were sent to the elimination challenge for their very doughy pizza scroll. Pete Evans looked like he spat it out. However yet again Harry and Christo are the team with nine lives as at this stage of the competition there is always someone who just cooks worse then them. Just.