Masterchef Australia Promo For 2014. Thoughts?

It is the sixth season of Masterchef Australia and the first promo for the struggling series takes us down memory lane. It shows the viewer some of the iconic moments like the winners and the big challenges. Hopefully for TEN people will return to the show that they once loved.

This year Kylie Kwong is joining the cast so hopefully that will give it a fresh feel. Hopefully we will see some good amateur cooks as well.

Masterchef Australia coming soon to TEN.

1 The Other Guy { 03.11.14 at 1:56 pm }

Yes, I’ll remember Julie’s triumph of crying, endless grey lamb and puddle pie.

2 brain dead dave { 03.11.14 at 1:58 pm }

Shutting the gate after the flogged, dead horse has bolted,$hine.

Ma$terchef memories are all about puddle pies and people who can’t cook chips winning. Snap on the unforgettable puddle pie, The Other Guy. See what I mean?

Mobile phone fiascos with Grand Inquisitor Jowl$y.

“All about the cooking” promised ,never delivered. Just tears and confected dramas.

3 all happening { 03.11.14 at 1:59 pm }

You mean some good amateur cooks like last seasons cooks and this seasons phenomenal cooks on MKR. Any good ones out there are steering clear of these reality shows I suspect. It is no longer a way into the industry for contestants but gives us a bloody good laugh at times.

4 Maz { 03.11.14 at 2:32 pm }

It is interesting that most of the ad is dedicated to S1 of MC with blink and you miss it cameos of the winners of the more recent seasons.

Dear God, have the producers learned nothing from focus sessions and social media. The audience at home does not like sob stories and from the amount of tears (shudder) in the promo Kleenex really really need to get a sponsorship deal.

The problem with an middle age series is that they can’t keep casting like it is season 1 0r 2. The (core) audience has been educated over the past six years so now the starting point has to be a step higher. They shouldn’t shy away from more technical challenges at the end of the season because the home cook can’t easily replicate with ingredients from Coles.

Here’s hoping from a cast from across Australia not just Sydney and Melbourne.

Hope Kylie Kwong calls out contestants’ bluff more readily.

5 Culinary Boner { 03.11.14 at 2:52 pm }

And I’d thought I’d repressed all those painful memories of hyper-emotional claptrap and the triumph of culinary mediocrity. FFS, Shine. Why reheat and serve up that which we have found so unpalatable of recent times?
Hey? What’s that smell? Oh. Another over-cooked ratings flop?

6 The Other Guy { 03.11.14 at 5:56 pm }

Everyone must miss the Friday night sessions with pleased-as-punch Gary rocking forward and back; delivering his cooking sermons.
With smug self-satisfaction set at a Force 10 gale.

7 nelraver { 03.11.14 at 6:06 pm }

I feel sad for the comparatively low ratings of MasterChef ….cause there were some amazing cooks….each of them teaches something….
Lynton- Keep trying,success will be yours.
Emma-Every cloud has a silver lining.
Samira-Be true to yourself.
And my favs….
Rishi-Inborn talent is tough to defeat.
Christina-Skills & personality together make a winner.

Rishi & Christina….you rock….eager to see you both in All Stars 2!

8 Georgie { 03.11.14 at 6:13 pm }

Andy, then Emma. No more needs to be said really.

9 Jas { 03.11.14 at 8:54 pm }

Well I’ll be positive. I can’t wait.

10 Littlepetal { 03.11.14 at 9:39 pm }

I hope it is not going to be like TBL. I have given up.

11 Penny { 03.11.14 at 11:02 pm }

MKR makes me appreciate MasterChef more, especially the first few seasons. I miss the “rush out and try that” feeling after seeing an episode. Used to happen a lot until last season of MC, hasn’t really happened with MKR yet. Hoping for the best!!

I really enjoy following Adam Liaw on Twitter, and his “Asian after Work” book is fab. And Poh… Ohhhh I’m such a fan girl. Never had a #fail from one of her recipes :)

12 Eliza { 03.12.14 at 12:13 am }

I agree, all happening.. most people actually wanting a career in food will probably steer clear of MC after the last couple of seasons. Let’s hope we’re wrong though.

Hey, look on the bright side, guys.. MC always generates lots of fun chatter on here even if the show can be extremely frustrating. I will be waiting for a chip cooking challenge in the coming season to prove their worth.

13 nelraver { 03.12.14 at 5:27 pm }

So this will be the last season from which contestants for All Stars 2 will be selected right? Who are your picks to feature in it?
Season 4- Mindy, Andy, Kylie, Julia/Amina/Ben/Alice
Season5- Rishi, Lynton, Samira, Emma/Christina/Liliana
Hope season 6 gives us a more no. of good cooks!

14 Littlepetal { 03.12.14 at 5:30 pm }

I dont think there will be an All star 2. They should thank their lucky star if they can have a good MC 2014

15 Rick { 04.08.14 at 1:19 pm }

My mate Tracey is in the last 16 this year and it looks like being a winner of a series. They have been all over Aus already cooking (night markets in Melbourne was special) and the show promises to get back to being about the food and the people, unlike all the twists and bollocks in the rival series.

16 Anna Lauren { 04.09.14 at 2:25 pm }

Despite all the knockers, I’m looking forward to Masterchef 2014. Unlike a rival channel’s cooking show there is no bitchiness or deliberate attempts to bring the other contestants down. You don’t need the controversy of nasty contestants to make the show work. You’re right Rick, the other show is mainly bollocks.

17 brain dead dave { 04.09.14 at 2:39 pm }

Looking forward to it, too~ with reservation. That being because of the appalling implosion of MKR last season and again this year, Ma$terchef now looks very much the green grass on the other side of the fence~ when in fact the standards of cooking have by and large failed dismally to meet the promises made by the producers.

There is less contestant bitchiness,granted but $hine deliver confected drama in spades nonetheless. The judges/hosts are as bent as ever and in on the joke. They’ll fudge the scoring before you can scratch your arse.

The last two Ma$terchef winners , Andy and Emma couldn’t cook. Lest we forget.

18 Littlepetal { 04.09.14 at 3:33 pm }

Well said BDD. Both shows have spiral downwards. Not sure which is better or worse.

19 Culinary Boner { 04.09.14 at 4:10 pm }

I’m prepared to be a lemming…again.
Will be tuning into MasterChef in the expectation that it will be crap…again.
They’ll need to work a miracle to regain the excitement and quality of the first two seasons.
Here’s hoping that Tripitaka (Kylie Kwong) can show her tired and unruly entourage of Monkey (George), Sandy (Gary) and Pigsy (Matt) how to behave, assuming they all truly want to re-enter ratings Nirvana. I suspect the temptation for ham and hyperbole will be too much for them. They simply don’t have the self-awareness. As the narrator of Monkey Magic intoned: “Sometimes, to make the stupid grow, discipline is essential.”