My Kitchen Rules – Gossip and Media Links

naughty nanna                                                                                                    Meme from Facebook.

Last Friday I was lucky enough to do a podcast with Evan Wilkes co-executive producer of My Kitchen Rules. And yes I did ask him some questions including asking about the cooking ability of the contestants. If you are interested in having a listen go to Media Week Podcasts.

TV WEEK were wondering if Bree was the real villain, with Jason telling the magazine that Bree was extremely rude at times. He says “I don’t think we saw Bree’s true self. She shut everyone out. Jess has a kind spot where I wonder if Bree has one at all. We never saw it”. Bree made it clear from the start of the competition that she and teammate Jess, weren’t interested in making friends. “We made sacrifices to be there,” Bree says. “For that reason, we kept to ourselves and focused on cooking.” She adds “It might seem like we didn’t care about people, but that’s absolutely not the case”.

Also in TV WEEK – Chloe and Kelly ditched their jobs in the mining industry to compete on My Kitchen Rules. Since filming wrapped, Kelly has taken a job in hospitality. The girls want to open their own cafe.

This chummy attitude is completely opposite to what the Woman’s Day are saying that the girls are not speaking. The magazine states that now filming has come to an end the only time they spend together is when they have to for public appearances. “It’s extremely awkward and uncomfortable,” says our source. “They’re all smiles and bubbly when the microphones are on, then it’s dead silence”.

However it looks like all is well with Kelly being a bridesmaid to Chloe when she gets married in New York soon. The wedding reception will be at the Plaza Hotel and will be a five course degustation. (Source: Yahoo The West)

Woman’s Day also says that Annie and Jason and Naughty Nanna aka Deb did not get along. “Naughty Nanna was quite mean to me numerous times throughout the show,” says Jason. “At the end of the day, karma is a bitch, it’ll come back and bite you, and I think in Den’s case it already has”. Jason and Annie did like Chloe and Kelly. “They’re opinionated but they aren’t nasty,” says Annie. “I think the cheating drama with their dessert was a bit much – I mean, who’s to say [using purchased pastry] was cheating? There’s no rule book saying you can’t use store-bought goods”.

As usual with cooking shows contestants put on weight. Annie reveals to TV WEEK that she put on eight kilos. However she blames the lead up for the weight gain as they were practising for the show. Cathy however lost weight on the show even though she was eating all the time.

Anna her daughter runs five kilometres everyday but on the set she sometimes had to miss it. Anna admits that she took a peek at social media when her episodes started airing and she found the jibes about her appearance  were especially upsetting. “I take things personally,” she admits. ” If someone is negative towards me, it get to me. I need to toughen up”.

Unfortunately for Harry he can’t capitalise on his heart throb status as he is “just focusing on rehab at the moment”. Harry broke is neck when he dove into shallow water. He has had surgery but it is a long road to recovery.

In an interview with Annie and Jason on Pop Sugar they reveal that once you plated up your dishes and put them on the table they had no control over which plates went to the judges. So that explains one mystery of why they don’t set aside the best looking ones for the people that control their fate in the game.

Melina Bagnato who was a contestant on last year’s My Kitchen Rules with Angela Kennedy has had her another baby boy. She had suffered a miscarriage just before she started filming on MKR. (Source: Woman’s Day)

Last year’s winners Dan and Steph look like they have opened a cafe in Hervey Bay. It is called EAT @ Dan and Steph’s. (Source: Dan and Stephs)

In MKR V Masterchef Australia rivalry George Calombaris beat Manu Feildel in a cook off at the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival. (Source: Daily Mail)

1 brain dead dave { 03.14.14 at 11:26 pm }

Well Jason, I think using store bought pastry is cheating. You’ve got cheese for brains.

This from a contestant who thinks sending out raw food at every opportunity is ‘cooking’. That only Chloe and Kelly will mix with you says it all.

Anna looks great. That’d be envious Facebook frumps and Twitter trollops teeing off on her. She’s paying the price for being attractive and able to cook.

No thanks, Porky and Staph. Too grubby in the kitchen.

2 daisy { 03.14.14 at 11:38 pm }

BDD, I know you are very good at recommending shows, but please don’t recommend the Icelandic Penis Gallery on SBS 2 tonight.

3 daisy { 03.14.14 at 11:43 pm }

Best looking imo is the brunette one and then Anna has nice eyes and a nice elfin jawline.

I couldn’t possibly eat at Cherry Cola Porky and Staff’s because I can’t get the fatty food and that cookie dough out of my minds’ eye. And the sweat.

4 brain dead dave { 03.14.14 at 11:44 pm }

Yes daisy , I just watched that sick old fart get a plaster mold made of his penis and I turned it off. The Butterfly Effect was even worse.

ABC 24 now.

Porky using the spoon to taste and then chucking it back into the bowl. Vomit. Then Staph forever pawing the food. Not on. Wash your trotters.

5 The Other Guy { 03.14.14 at 11:47 pm }

Instinct was right about the Breeptilian. She gives off toxic vibes.

6 daisy { 03.15.14 at 12:30 am }

I caved in and recorded the Plaster Penis Programme. In case I missed something as fascinating as the Living Dolls.
I told my café gf about it and said that her hubby could join us in a threesome as long as he got the doll suit. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Oh no that’s not the show I recd. SO there are two penis shows on tonight. What is this? Penis Friday?

7 daisy { 03.15.14 at 1:19 am }

BDD I hope you watched the SBS penis show. You just need to get hold of a penis mini bar.
Or a penis knife rack could be a good MKR seller.

Line up for your MKR apron and Penis knife rack. We call it the Bobbit.

Too much time on these guys’ hands and too much dick on the brain.

8 daisy { 03.15.14 at 1:21 am }

So many possibilities. A penis cuckoo clock that springs open to chime “ding dong”.

This is like Benidorm Bastards meets The Woodwork shop.

One old guy donated his penis because it didn’t want it going to waste. :lol:

Anyone else out there with a penis going to waste?

9 daisy { 03.15.14 at 1:33 am }

Georgie, BDD and anyone else who likes a laugh, you just have to get this show on SBS2. I don’t know if it is called The Final Member or not but it is nuts.
Oh yeah nuts. :lol: @ accidental pun.

Svedish old fellas enamoured with their old fellas. Their poor old hausfraus must be saying “Oh put it away already Sven”.

10 daisy { 03.15.14 at 1:52 am }

You can dress ‘Elmo’ up in all sorts of costumes, eg Santa, a garden gnome, a cop, a judge and he can have ‘adventures’.

Beats hanging around the old folks home doing nuttin’ I guess.

11 Littlepetal { 03.15.14 at 9:17 am }

Jess from WA also said Bree is the smiling assassin when she was eliminated. But I remember watching the initial promo during Australian Open, where the mums said they are not the sweet mums. Very true for Bree.

12 brain dead dave { 03.15.14 at 11:38 am }

English batsman Joe Root was described as a “smiling assassin”. The term is thrown around like confetti. The local priest,with the sanctimonious smile, could be described so.

Jason was often smiling, yet he treated his wife like shit, in spite of all the “darlings” and “babes”.

13 Eddie { 03.15.14 at 1:47 pm }

I’m sure I am having a blonde moment so who the hell is porky and staph??!!

14 Bronwyn { 03.15.14 at 2:11 pm }

Dan and Steph from last season’s MKR, Eddie.

15 all happening { 03.15.14 at 2:17 pm }

Last years winners Dan and Steph aca porky and staph, Eddie.
I really enjoyed listening to the podcast RR. I thought you were in a tunnel at first. Evan answered some of our questions especially about casting. It takes quite a time to do post production on each ep. Still have more to listen to.

16 Eddie { 03.15.14 at 2:26 pm }

Thanks guys

17 Ali { 03.15.14 at 2:33 pm }

“Unfortunately for Harry he can’t capitalise on his heart throb status as he is “just focusing on rehab at the moment”.

For a moment I thought Harry, in rehab? Shouldn’t that be the “shampoo” lush, Captain Jack and his overworked liver.

18 Littlepetal { 03.15.14 at 2:40 pm }

I was reading some of the comment on FB and most of the people wanted Harry and Christo to go to sudden death or to be eliminated. They all can tell that they both can’t cook.

I actually don’t like both of them. Also the Twins on Sunrise said they didn’t get along with Harry and Christo and then quickly changed to say they like everybody.

Ch 7 has failed again. An ad in the last episode has given out the outcome for the next sudden death. Good for me as I have to work on Tue evening. :)

19 The Other Guy { 03.15.14 at 3:38 pm }

Ali at 17, Harry acting like the 15yo that he is in maturity, dove from a navigation buoy into (marked) shallow water. He is so so lucky that he can walk. And the medical cost and rehab is on you and I as taxpayers. Peter Pan.

20 brain dead dave { 03.15.14 at 5:24 pm }

That is a laughable drop in the ocean compared to the cost of deliberate Medicare fraud and the cost of preventable diseases from smoking.

21 Gidgitvonlarue { 03.15.14 at 6:46 pm }

Excellent pod cast Emma! I listened to the whole thing. Really interesting. I thought of some more questions but bit late now!!! Did the MKR producer have any rules regarding ‘can’t ask me about this or that?’

22 The Other Guy { 03.15.14 at 11:45 pm }

BDD at 20. And worse still again are dodgy working age people on lifelong disability. Australia has the greatest proportion of such people per capita in the Western world. And by a large measure. A wicked rort. I have some sympathies with smokers, although I never had smoked. Terribly hard for them to give up and the majority pay over the odds with income tax, medicare levy and huge duties per stick.

23 brain dead dave { 03.16.14 at 1:01 am }

Love to know where the statistics behind such awesome,sweeping statements come from.
Australia ranks 21st out of 29 OECD countries in employment participation rates for those with a disability.

24 Bel { 03.18.14 at 2:26 pm }

I think the biggest rort with the DSP (disability support pension) is that you can effectively live in asia (beach-side condo for $60/month, etc) and still receive the benefit. I know someone who does this. Then again, I certainly wouldn’t hire him & doubt any sane person would. Being ‘Fit for Work’ is a tenuous thing.

Don’t start me on smokers. They’re easy pickings in any ‘allocation of healthcare’ debate. Much harder to determine who ate too much junk food or did too little exercise, and we don’t tend to begrudge people for having heart disease.

These are complex bioethical and economical issues, gice. Hard to discuss properly here iyswim.