My Kitchen Rules – Josh And Danielle Should Be Feeling Pissed Off

Josh and Danielle were done hard done by last night in the cooking a BBQ lunch for construction workers challenge. Sure they put too much on the plate and putting apple in potato salad is a food crime but serious sent to sudden death ahead of Vikki and Helena’s very pedestrian Honey and Soy Chicken Skewer served with corn. Also Carly and Tresne’s Prawn Skewers with undercooked rice surely should have been judged worse then the Victorian couple.

Vikki and Helena told the judges that they had never been to Asia so that was why their dish was so bad, unfortunately the judges did not tell them to open a cook book. Honey and Soy is Harry and Christo standard. Also the corn dished up with it was underwhelming and unimaginative. Vikki seemed to spend more time getting set up on faux dates with the construction workers.

Carly and Tresne did not even have their dish ready to go when the workers arrived and all they had to do was devein and shell prawns, cook rice and thread the prawns on skewers. Not that difficult. Maybe if Carly worked faster instead of having an anxiety attack about not doing a circle of empowerment their dish might have been better.

There was too much on Josh and Danielle’s dish and that was why they were punished. There were Prawn and Chorizo Skewers with Seared Beef, Chimichirri Sauce and a weird potato salad. It would be preferable if the judges just penalised people who cannot cook at all at this stage of the competition not ones who do to much.

Also Cathy needs to remind Anna who paid for her fancy private school education as the way she spoke to mother was appalling. By the end of this competition Cathy is going to be curled up a corner rocking back and forwards with all the abuse hurled at her. Because nothing is ever Anna’s fault. Last night she was screamed at for resting the steaks on top of each other “they will sweat”. Cathy accidentally throwing out the vinegar dressing when she thought it was water. Cathy told her that she had asked her and she had said yes. Anna was ripping up coriander like it was her head muttering You are lucky you are my mother”. At that point Cathy must have been thinking she was unlucky to have a daughter like that.

Their Beef Rendang did not get great reviews from the judges as they had cooked the steak separately (rare of course) and then put it in the sauce. Pete thought it was OK but Manu was scathing.

Chloe and Kelly were smart with their dish. Cooking Bourbon Lamb Cutlets. Alcohol – tick, red meat – tick. Kelly appeared to be looking down her noise at Vikki for being perpetually single saying she thought she was too arrogant. However has Kelly actually got a boyfriend or had one for longer then six months?

Uel and Shanelle were smart and went with a Korean inspired dish. Considering most of the big building sites are filled with Korean’s on 457 visas. Or maybe that was in years gone past. They cooked BBQ Korean Beef and Seafood Pancake. Pete Evans loved it. Are the pair finally finding their competition legs?

Paul and Blair made an Indonesian Pork with Satay Sauce. They ran out of sauce and had to thin it out with water.  The judges got one of these plates and they were not impressed. The pork was also dry. Not good but not as bad as some.

Thalia and Bianca continue to not put a foot wrong in the competition as they made a very nice Mexican Chicken Skewers with Guacamole. They were told they had the best presented dish of the day. Bree and Jessica also did a very nice Jamaican Jerk Chicken.

However it was Chloe and Kelly who won the builders vote and will get the advantage in the next round. Clearly they will use it for evil rather then good.

Sunday looks interesting with Jessica having a mega meltdown and walking off from the food truck.

1 daisy { 03.23.14 at 7:50 pm }

Bree comes across as rude and pushy. Someone who has her own agenda and forgets everyone else.

I’ll leave you to it now guys. Family dinner is Middle Eastern and they will be here soon. All I know so far is a Jordanian chicken dish and some sort of coconut sweets. The house here smells great from Woolif’s contribution.

I should have some belly dancing music on but it’s Air atm.

2 Sandii { 03.23.14 at 8:33 pm }

It looks like Manu is wearing a beret made of hair.

3 all happening { 03.23.14 at 8:34 pm }

I so wish I hadn’t taken a mouthful of coffee just as Bree did her Kath and Kim impersonation. Why aren’t the others stepping in, or have producers stopped them from taking over.

4 Sandii { 03.23.14 at 8:54 pm }

All hap, surely the producers must have told them to not step in. I did feel for Jess. She was obviously overwhelmed, her partner in crime Bree looked fit to kill. No one was giving her much sympathy. Only shanelle gave her a cuddle ( and Colin)

5 Littlepetal { 03.23.14 at 9:10 pm }

I would have love to eat the spackcock and the stuffed squid.

I can’t see Paul and Blair going to SD. They need to keep them till the end or there are no males left.

6 Morgan { 03.23.14 at 9:10 pm }

Bummed that the white team lost, their food was better, IMO. Bree and Jessica really screwed them over with their lack of team leading skills.

Would like to see them go into Sudden Death. I think Paul and Blair have got a very good shot at winning the whole thing. They can cook, are likable and a male/male team hasn’t won yet.

7 Techhater { 03.23.14 at 9:11 pm }

LP do you mean to each other or someone else?

And WTF not one mention of the number of cold meals sent back, because it looked like quite a few.

8 Littlepetal { 03.23.14 at 9:13 pm }

TH, I think to each other.

I also like the white team menu

9 Littlepetal { 03.23.14 at 9:15 pm }

I wonder the producers have decided Jess to be the head chef. I thought Bree would want to be in control of everything.

10 all happening { 03.23.14 at 9:20 pm }

Hi TH, playing hooky from study tonight. C&T have been together for 8 years and just got married.
Couldn’t Anna and Mum have covered lamb in foil to keep warm while resting. Just heard an ad for sunrise tomorrow and it sounds like only Jess is on tomorrow morning.

11 Techhater { 03.23.14 at 9:30 pm }

AH You know what they say “All work and no play…..”

I’m thinking C&K are being setup for the win.

12 all happening { 03.23.14 at 9:37 pm }

I hope C&K don’t win. I really want the surfer dad or Tassie girls to win. They are the most consistent cooking wise and not mean to others. The script for this years show is almost identical to braces and tats last year. Viewers were baying for B&T to go for some time.

13 Andrea { 03.23.14 at 9:42 pm }

I hope Bree and Jess are the ones to go, they totally ruined it for the team.
Could they have put the lamb dishes in the microwave for a minute? I guess that wouldn’t be allowed I suppose.

14 Techhater { 03.23.14 at 9:44 pm }

I agree about the Surfer dads and the Tassie girls. Desi wants the Twins to win but unfortunately C&K do cook well most of the time. Don’t get me wrong I can’t stand them but they can cook.

15 Littlepetal { 03.23.14 at 9:47 pm }

MKR Facebook will have a meltdown if Chloe and Kelly win MKR. LOL.

16 all happening { 03.23.14 at 9:50 pm }

Um ahhh Andrea. Bite your tongue Andrea, Pete and Manu would have a fit at using a microwave. lol
Btw there are washerupers in a middle section at the back of each kitchen in that truck. There was a guy and a girl washing up at different times tonight.

17 Techhater { 03.23.14 at 9:53 pm }

LP FB wont be the only thing that has a meltdown if they win. X-(

18 Andrea { 03.23.14 at 9:56 pm }

Yeah AH , I know hah hah . That’s what I would do anyway to warm food up a bit.
They do seem to have a lot of kitchen hands in the background doing the dirty work.

19 Techhater { 03.23.14 at 9:56 pm }

AH I’ve seen the washerups a few times over the past few truck eps.

20 Sandii { 03.23.14 at 10:01 pm }

Andrea, I was only thinking the other day that I hadn’t noticed a microwave in any of the kitchens. I would have just zapped it.

21 Andrea { 03.23.14 at 10:06 pm }

Me too Sandii, I just did it earlier with some soup.
That was my dinner since I’ve had a tooth extraction recently!
Not fun.

22 all happening { 03.23.14 at 10:10 pm }

Yeah Andrea, I think all of us have been guilty of using a micro to zap something. They seem to be frowned upon in a pro kitchens.

23 Techhater { 03.23.14 at 10:14 pm }

Me too, as much as I love cooking my microwave gets used every day, let’s face it, whose doesn’t.

24 daisy { 03.24.14 at 2:46 am }

I think the microwave would have made the lamb a bit tough and dry. It was even risky reheating it in the oven. But I am happy about one thing……..all my friends, family and I have always pondered about this ‘resting thing’. We all agree we would hate to eat our roast cold and pondered the mystery, “Wouldn’t it be cold?”

Sandii, on Manu’s beret, if you check the knitting section of next week’s New Idea there is a knitting pattern for it.

25 Sandii { 03.24.14 at 6:45 am }

On knitting daisy, have you seen the baby beanies which have been made to look like a boob. They look hilarious you want to check them out.

26 Gabby { 03.24.14 at 8:52 am }

I felt for Jess but if one of the other team members go in to sudden death they are not going to be happy with her. Maybe she could volunteer herself.
That desert of the twins must have tasted pretty damn good because it didn’t look much.
I think Tassie girls are a force to be reckoned with, they haven’t failed yet. The one with the long hair is a bit cocky though and I hope it doesn’t bring her undone.
Couldn’t believe it when so in control Anna cried over her cold lamb and for once wasn’t blaming poor old mum. I think it’s disgusting the way she talks to her mum and then tries to fob it off as a joke.
Andrea and girls, I am another that couldn’t get by without my microwave!

27 daisy { 03.24.14 at 9:15 am }

Sandii, I won’t be knitting one of them anytime soon…..not even for my teapot.

28 Smythe { 03.24.14 at 9:51 am }

There should be no cook off to determine who goes to sudden death. Bree and Jess should be sent there immediately. They had a more difficult task than Cheshire and friend (or would that be ex-friend) who just cured some fish, cut it unevenly, threw it on the plate with some dressing and salad. However, they made the cooking more difficult than it should have been by the stressing and arguing. Since this is a team challenge, I think the other team members should have stepped in and helped unless that was not allowed but then it should have been allowed.

Was not impressed with CT’s dessert but seemed to me that not much to the twins’ dessert and very little of that was served. Pete and Manu loving their presentation…why? It looked as if most of the dessert was missing with the glasses only being about 1/4 full. If I were served that I would have asked what happened to the rest of it and sent it back to the kitchen for a refill.

Looked like there was a hummingbird’s nest on Carly’s head. Are she and Manu competing for hairstyle of the day? :-)

29 daisy { 03.24.14 at 10:27 am }

Jess and Bree must never have waitressed or helped at their kids’ school canteen. How could their organization be so hopeless?
Bree, ffs, they need to be able to read you order. And did they work out abbreviations? Like MB for the Morton Bay bug. If they had any sense they would.

And Smythe, when they said the twins’ dessert presentaion was great I thought, “Huugh? They just put it in a glass”
Was it on MKR or MC where this was recently called passe?

30 Jodie { 04.27.14 at 9:41 pm }

You can’t be serious. Those two absolute bitches from Perth get through to the final to secure ratings. I will NEVER watch this show again. As a teacher, I will be encouraging my colleagues to do the same. This is rigged.