So You Think You Can Dance Australia – Hey Judges Make A Decision This Is Not The X Factor

So you think you can dance

The judges on So You Think You Can Dance Australia last night pissed me off. They get paid the big bucks to make the hard decisions they should do it. The format is the public vote and the bottom three girls and the bottom three boys then have to dance for their lives. The judges then confer and decide which girl and which boy is eliminated.

This format allows for judges to save dancers that may have just had a bad week. It is fair. However last night the judges could not make a decision on which of the boys to send home so decided to let the public decide. Therefore the dancer with the lowest votes to be eliminated. What is this the f**king X Factor?

This meant Jordan and Nadiah were sent home.

What was even more inequitable they decided to cherry pick one of the girls to save.  Zoey was made safe by the judges even before she had to dance for her life as the judges decided they did not accept the public’s vote on this.

So the public’s vote is fine to decide who is to go home but not good enough to decide the girls bottom three. As far as I am concerned you can’t have it both ways. Also what would have happened if Zoey had been the person with the lowest public vote out of the girls and she was now made safe?

Deciding who to send home is not that difficult if you all think the solo dances were that fabulous then go through a different criteria. Is there a lack of one genre over another too many urban v contemporary then flick the urban guy. Who is working their arse off back stage then keep them. Also if Nadiah was injured and unlikely to get better in the next few weeks flick her.

What did you think? Were you happy with the judges decision?

1 par { 03.21.14 at 6:23 pm }

Every week the judges say “Australia” is getting it wrong with the surprising choices of those in the bottom, yet they trusted the voters with the biggest decision so far. Can’t have it both ways.

This season is kind of a mess. The brief glimpse we got of Jack and Talia made me pine for the good old days of the show (weird, since I hated the host and two of the judges of that incarnation with a fiery passion).

2 rooloo { 03.21.14 at 9:04 pm }

I know Nadiah personally, so the judges’ decision especially pissed me off. If they had decided she was the weakest dancer, fine, but they should have stuck to their formula instead of playing favourites with Zoey, and then avoid having to make a decision.

3 Littlepetal { 03.21.14 at 10:25 pm }

If the judges can’t decide than they shouldn’t make any decisions as to who to send home. Let the public votes decide who will be going home.

With a low viewership, I don’t think they get many votes for each dancer. Viewers have to vote many times to save their favorite dancers.

4 Eliza { 03.22.14 at 1:17 am }

I found it interesting this week that they let Zoey off straight away. We know they love her, but interesting they singled her out over say Michael, and even Patric who may not be the most technical dancer but someone the judges clearly do favour.

It was weak of them to not make a decision, especially at these earlier stages (one can only assume it will get tougher as the comp goes on). All in all though, from what we have seen of the dancers so far, I feel as though the right decisions have been made in terms of who goes home. I haven’t been disgruntled.

I am enjoying this season though and think that everyone is superb! I am not sure if my memory isn’t great, but I feel as though this year’s bunch are, on a whole, quite evenly matched, with some being more versatile than others and these are the ones who will stay the longest.

Zoey and Sam are the cutest though.. I think they may be in luuurrvveee.

5 Khun Del { 03.23.14 at 1:22 am }

I totally agree with you RR. I thought the judges were weak by not making the decision of who to cut. Having said that I think the right two got cut.

Loving this series – such good dancers. It deserves a much bigger audience.

6 Brad { 03.23.14 at 12:34 pm }

Come on, be fair! You can’t expect Paula to make a decision. It is difficult for her to know which pill to pop!

7 Laura { 03.24.14 at 11:45 am }

I have a feeling that the judges were aware of which dancers had the lowest public vote in advance… And were happy with that result. However as Nadiah & Jordan’s solos were better than Patric & Yukino’s they thought it would be better just to blame the public vote.

I think they should have saved Michael from the public vote after that phenomenal solo, though. It would have been a travesty if he had gone home after that as his solo was far superior to Jordan & Patric. Though if my theory is correct they already knew he had no chance of leaving so it was unnecessary. His face said it all: “this is bullshit”.

I never thought I would say this, but I really miss Jason Coleman on the judging panel. His critiques were detailed and fair, based on the dancing, not on the emotion or personality or life stories. He pointed out flaws and skill that viewers would have missed to differentiate the dancers. This judging panel is just so fluffy they may as well not be there.