Masterchef Australia – Marco Pierre White Bitches About My Kitchen Rules

10804125-marco-pierre-white

Marco Pierre White is in Australia filming a guest spot with Masterchef Australia criticises My Kitchen Rules ironically a show he has not watched. His argued that internationally Masterchef Australia was seen by more viewers and in more countries then MKR.

The Herald Sun reports:

White denied he was ­attacking the top-rating MKR (“because I’ve never seen it”) but saidMasterChef’s “true ­integrity creates longevity and I can’t say that about My Kitchen Rules”.

In a national call to arms — or, rather, for eyeballs — he said: “What a lot of people in Australia may not realise is the impact MasterChef Australia has on the world.

“It goes to nearly 100 countries, it inspires people on a global scale to want to cook, to want to feed their families, or to come into our profession — and to visit Australia.

“It’s the greatest billboard that’s ever been created in Australia.

“It doesn’t just show off the food, it shows off the culture of the people, the kindness of the people.”

With a nod to MKR’s ratings dominance this year (averaging 2.7 million viewers nationally most nights), the ­famously intimidating chef said: “You want to talk about viewing figures?MasterChef has far more on a global scale and does more for Australia than My Kitchen Rules. If we are really honest, MasterChef is the jewel in Australia’s TV crown.

“That’s why, in my opinion, people here should support it more.”

The guest spot the dishy Marco is filming sounds interesting. The contestants have had to choose a dish to make from his cookbook, White Heat.

Masterchef Australia will be starting after Easter on TEN.

1 Littlepetal { 03.23.14 at 10:41 am }

Here we go again. When you start to bitch about your competitors, we know you are coming from behind, MKR never comment on Masterchef (maybe on Series 1).

2 Andrea { 03.23.14 at 10:47 am }

Many people enjoy watching both shows, they are different but so what?
Live and let live Marco.

3 Littlepetal { 03.23.14 at 10:55 am }

Yes, MC is shown in many countries. So what? Its the Australia MC we are talking here, Marco. They messed with the format and the Australian version is worse compared to other version.

If he is talking about supporting MC, we should support MKR as MKR is an Australian concept and Australian invention.

4 Andrea { 03.23.14 at 10:59 am }

Exactly Littlepetal, couldn’t agree more.

He should at least have a look at MKR so he knows what he’s talking about.

5 Danielle { 03.23.14 at 11:17 am }

He seems disapointed that the MCProfs was not watched as much as it deserved. Sure it was advertised wrong and underdramatic compared to MKR was it was still great.
I don’t know why they changed MC format later that year. There were SO MANY team challenges and SO MANY recipe challenges that you really didn’t get to see what their cooking style was.

By the way do MKR contestants have recipes in their instant restaurants? Harry said something in his that sounded like something from a recipe. Previously Manu said that contestants were expected to know the recipes by heart.

6 brain dead dave { 03.23.14 at 12:15 pm }

Ma$terchef is the greatest bullboard ever created in Au$tralia, is the truth of it chef White.

It “shows off the culture” of people who can’t cook chips but yet against all odds proceed to cover themselves in glory by “winning” these mediocre shows.

Soon Gary will be wheeled out to remind MKR viewers that they’re bogans. Jowl$y will put the boot in, too as per.

7 Brad { 03.23.14 at 12:26 pm }

Marco Pierre White should go back to the 80s where he belongs! He likes MC because it brought him back into the limelight (of a sort). He had his own show in the UK a few years ago and it bombed – even his mother found it hard to watch :).

8 daisy { 03.23.14 at 1:56 pm }

I am afraid I can’t bag anyone for bagging MKR.

Sunday quiet on RR as usual. We need another photo of Pete’s undercarriage. Or ……
Manu’s toupee falls off .
Jowlsy is caught eating low fat.
Samantha has a Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction, and Koch covers it up.
George is caught mooning reporters. Well maybe we don’t want to see that.

9 Rosie { 03.23.14 at 2:56 pm }

I don’t like MPW. I’ve never liked him, and have difficulty understanding how people can find him sexy. There, I’ve said it. Feel free to ban me if you must, RR. 😀

10 daisy { 03.23.14 at 3:27 pm }

Rosie I said the same thing ages ago. He’s about as sexy as the new Ridge ( a homeless man they have dressed in one of Eric’s old suits).
But I can’t stand when people act pretentiously/pompously and MPW loses out for that reason most of all imo.

I love that my hubby has taught himself to be a good cook, but if he started acting like MPW in the kitchen, I’d boot him back to his recliner in front of the telly.

Also I don’t like too much hair flicking in the dinner. No chance of that with my old chef.

11 Georgie { 03.23.14 at 3:34 pm }

I think he’s a good looking man in that photo, but I’ve seen others where he didn’t look as good. I think it’s the Anthony Hopkins undertones that appeal to me. Anyway, he can cook my dinner any time he likes. 😎

12 Reality Raver { 03.23.14 at 3:38 pm }

Rosie – if we all liked the same person it would be boring. I reckon he would be an areas hole boyfriend in real life.

13 Jruth { 03.23.14 at 3:45 pm }

Can’t agree with his comments about MKR, but MPW can lick my knife any night!

14 daisy { 03.23.14 at 3:45 pm }

Lucky the others don’t have to worry about the stiff competition from you and me Rosie. They wouldn’t stand a chance 😆

15 Georgie { 03.23.14 at 3:54 pm }

I reckon Gary got such a bollocking last year for bagging MKR that it was decided to pass the job on to a tougher dude this year. All in all, it’s just a part of the shaping up and jockeying, pre-show promo that goes on. Pissing on posts!

16 Littlepetal { 03.23.14 at 4:43 pm }

MPW looks so much older than his age. In 10 years time and he is looking like he is today than yes he is sexy. Now he just looks old. He can be my toy boy but he looks older than me!!!!!

17 layla { 03.23.14 at 4:58 pm }

Oh shut up. No one cares.

Totally agree Littlepetal@3

18 daisy { 03.23.14 at 5:06 pm }

So at a guess I would have said, he was about 60.
How old is he? And why does Manu look older than he is?

19 Littlepetal { 03.23.14 at 5:09 pm }

Daisy, he is 52 years old!!!!!

20 Rosie { 03.23.14 at 5:27 pm }

No matter what he looks like, the man is a dick.
He criticizes a show he has never seen, then criticizes its longevity. Hullo? It’s still on the air, dickhead! Who’s to say it won’t still be going in 50 years time? (Well, maybe not…) But it is about home cooking, not pretending to produce “masterchefs”, so I’d have thought there was plenty of room for both shows.

Although the ratings do seem to show that MKR is winning the battle. So shove it, dickhead.

21 daisy { 03.23.14 at 6:06 pm }

Yeah, he is in my dick category too Rosie. But not in the worst dick section which has Karl Stef, Michael the cockroach and Ben from BB.
Kochie is in there too but KS and the Ginger roach are at the top of the dick heap.
MPW doesn’t come close to being on that list.

22 Rosie { 03.23.14 at 6:53 pm }

Probably just as well I don’t watch Karl Stef or Kochie then. Haven’t watched BB since the Gretel days, and have no idea who Michael the cockroach is? Am I missing anything important or interesting?

23 Calorie Loader { 03.23.14 at 7:00 pm }

LP@1 extremely well said!!!

Daisy, ‘Jowlsy is caught eating low fat.’ ROFL!!! 😆 😆

Georgie@ 15 very funny and very true!!

I really loved MCP-it was one of the best cooking competition shows I’ve ever seen-I loved the lack of melodrama and watching people that could actually cook and just got on with the job. However, I agree that there is room for more than one cooking show-each offering something slightly different (MKR offering Cap’n Jack and Manu as prize catch this season), so no need to piss on the competitors.

24 Techhater { 03.23.14 at 9:23 pm }

CL I agree there’s room for more than 1 cooking show. And I also loved MCP.

And yes we all have different tastes and even though I don’t believe anyone should bag something they haven’t seen…I have to say that I’ve been a HUUUUUUUUUGE fan of Marco’s for more years than I care to remember. <3

25 LB { 03.23.14 at 11:54 pm }

MPW has been the bad boy of cooking for a gazillion years and has been wheeled out to do some inflammatory press which will get people talking about MC. Mission accomplished!

26 Kess { 03.24.14 at 11:38 am }

Totally agree with Marco, who incidentally is a very nice man if you care to watch him.
MKR would not exist if not for MC, and it won’t exist for too many more series – because it no longer has any decent cooks and is just a soap.
Did you see the cast last night – fell right out of character, the bullshit feuding evil foursome were completely at a loss when overshadowed by the sinister housewives.
Littlepetal – Marco is talking about Aussie MC, our version is shown in many countries, a huge hit in India especially. Aussie MC for whatever it’s worth is now seen as the international flagship for MC.
The 2 shows really have nothing much in common – other than employing a couple of pro chefs – sho now seem to hate each other, Manu got pissed off he’s no longer the sexy one.

27 Georgie { 03.24.14 at 11:51 am }

Lol Kess, there were so many decent cooks on MC last year – his name was Rishi! 😆

28 Ari { 03.24.14 at 12:11 pm }

I can agree tbh. MKR, while entertaining, gets boring cooking-wise. Not many contestants taking risks, dishes that look basic being called “dish of the day” or “the best dish in the competition”, bitchy contestants, etc.

I will always be a MasterChef supporter tbh. Sozzz.

29 Verushka { 03.24.14 at 12:42 pm }

I’ve been utterly convinced since the early rounds of MKR that every time Pete and Manu stress home cooked, good, honest, simple food, they’re bagging out MC without actually saying as much. There was just too much stressing of these elements for it not to be for my ears. And then there was the episode where Heston Blumenthal was on everyone’s lips and not once did anyone say his name? I wonder why lol.

30 Kess { 03.24.14 at 12:53 pm }

Frankly, get real on MKR, or somebody create a cooking comp for ordinary people like me.
IE you have to plan meals and rush off to work, rush home collect kids, make a meal.
So – we use convenience foods, campbells stock, and bottle sauces, and anything else that is tasty and helpful.
Mon-Frid it’s what is quick or what I planned ahead & did in a slow cooker.
And good cooks can discern what is helpful and what is shit, adjust it, use it etc.
Like all the sweet & sour sauces in a bottle need help.
Most satay sauces in bottles are yum.
And eg, the only good supermarket pizzas are the Dr Oeteker ones.

I am a reasonably good cook, but not a gourmet cook, and I love short cuts that taste good, most of us at home are half/half cooks, half a care, half we just need to feed troops before they riot.

31 Anonymous { 03.25.14 at 8:21 pm }

This is going to effect masterchef because mkr is starting to rip it off.. No one wants to watch two shows that similar

32 fatima { 04.26.14 at 10:33 am }