Masterchef Australia Season 6 Promo – Claiming These Are The Best Home Cooks In The Country

You have to wonder if this Masterchef Australia advertisement is having a go at My Kitchen Rules as they claim that their contestants are the best home cooks in the country. To be honest it would not be hard to beat the standard on MKR which has included people cooking Chicken Schnitzel and Honey-Soy Chicken.

Also good that the promo is focussing on the contestants not the judges.

Masterchef Australia on Network TEN after Easter.

1 brain dead dave { 03.26.14 at 1:17 pm }

Recycling the old Ma$terchef lie again.

It’s more like:

“These are the most deluded applicants we could find to subject themselves to the humiliation and lo brow food farce that is contemporary Ma$terchef. We’re all about inclusion here, gay or straight , Muslim or Infidel, we promise that they can’t cook ”

$hine can’t focus too much on the judges for obvious reasons. It’s like they’re part of the family~ a sick dysfunctional family.

2 Ari { 03.26.14 at 1:30 pm }

Whyyyyy do people on this site hate Masterchef so much omg.

3 Morgan { 03.26.14 at 1:30 pm }

I’m probably not watching it this year, unless I hear that it’s good. Last season was just abysmal and has turned me off from watching anymore of it.

4 cam2 { 03.26.14 at 1:31 pm }

hmm this looks good. it seems as if masterchef has been listening to the criticism and is going back to the original simple themes that made it a hit. focusing on talented home cooks to inspire the (less talented) cooks sitting on the couch, and (hopefully) is moving away from the faux drama that made MKR such a hit but is now also a huge criticism.

5 Gidgitvonlarue { 03.26.14 at 1:37 pm }

Very good promo – felt very sincere and heart felt. I’ve always liked Masterchef. I think the problem was last year when they literally flooded the market with Jnr Masterchef and Celebrity Masterchef. They need to stick to one Masterchef series, do it well – and don’t mess with the format too much that worked so well.

I’ll be watching for sure. Just watching the old season with Kumar on One is just reminding me what I liked about it so much.

6 Culinary Boner { 03.26.14 at 1:40 pm }

At least this year they have the full “Journey to the West” complement, with Kylie Kwong featuring as the wise and disciplined, Tripitaka.
It’s another season of Monkey, Pigsy and Sandy that I’m not looking forward to.

7 adi { 03.26.14 at 2:06 pm }

The food last year on Masterchef was appaling – worse than even the most ordinary dishes on MKR. Wasnt there a chicken salad!! served in the MC grand finale.
MKR grand Finale – the food is always outstanding and proves how much the MKR contestants grow. Masterchef really just trying to copy the MKR formula for a few series now – and they just cant get it right.

8 Smythe { 03.26.14 at 2:57 pm }

Emma Dean winning last season says it all.

9 Gidgitvonlarue { 03.26.14 at 3:25 pm }

God last season was pretty awful to be sure. I can’t remember who did it – but someone served up raw chicken and got through. The standards were definitely pretty low. Half of them could not even make pizzas.

10 James { 03.26.14 at 3:38 pm }

This season actually looks amazing. The ad gives me little goosebumps. I think anything has to better than last year! And honestly, I think the production team must have learned from last year and really scoured the country for some good people. I’m so excited for it to start and really hope it does well. The original premise of the show makes it so great to watch, and it seems as though it’s going back to it’s roots. Yay, MasterChef!!

11 Rosie { 03.26.14 at 3:52 pm }

I’ll be giving it a go, but like some years may be forced to drop out halfway through for the sake of my sanity.

And Ari – my, you do sound like Paul – we don’t “hate” the show, we simply give it the criticism it deserves. It is, is it not, our right, as viewers?

12 2paw { 03.26.14 at 3:55 pm }

Oh, is it wrong that this reminded me of the ” we’re for dogs ” ads on TV? It would be great is this season had cooking and not crying. And fewer race the clock challenges. If they really are for good food, and enough time to cook it!!

13 Culinary Boner { 03.26.14 at 5:34 pm }

Is ‘Lambsy’ aka Matt Moran joining the troupe this season?

14 Zhee { 03.26.14 at 8:06 pm }

Hmm, it can’t be worse than last season. It simply can’t be… At least my after work evenings will have some entertainment. 😉

15 Reality Raver { 03.26.14 at 9:34 pm }

CB – No Matt Moran he is focussing on Paddock To Plate.

16 Dr T { 03.26.14 at 9:44 pm }

Smythe @8 – +1

Ari @ 2 – we hate it because we loved it to start with, it was awesome – and then it’s just progressive gone to shite

17 techhater { 03.26.14 at 10:28 pm }

RR Do you have a contestant list yet?

18 Reality Raver { 03.26.14 at 10:36 pm }

Techhater – No

19 emp { 03.26.14 at 10:41 pm }

every season had its shit cooks, last season just had more than average

20 techhater { 03.26.14 at 10:46 pm }

Almost every contestant EMP not to mention the “winner??????” :roll:

21 emp { 03.26.14 at 11:31 pm }

there were no winners from Masterchef ’13

22 chun { 03.27.14 at 12:39 am }

oh no, i hear the F word, Family…. mc+ family=tears.

23 Georgie { 03.27.14 at 8:05 am }

Yeah right – I’ll reserve my response until this year’s serving has been dished up. The 2013 travesty is indelibly stamped on my psyche and the MC machine will need to do a hell of a lot of fixing before that is erased.

24 daisy { 03.27.14 at 8:15 am }

Last season MC lost me at about week 3. Any viewing after that was just occasional glancing.

25 Rachel @ Reality Chick { 03.27.14 at 10:07 am }

I am a shameless cooking show fan so I will give it a crack. Here’s hoping it doesn’t kill my brain cells like last season did…

26 daisy { 03.27.14 at 10:09 am }

No, only numb them Rachel.

27 Andrea { 03.27.14 at 10:15 am }

I will be watching it Ari as I still like it but I wish they would go back to the first season and see why it was so popular, and just go back to the same formula which was a winner.
I was just annoyed last year that the wrong person won.

28 James { 03.27.14 at 9:17 pm }

I wonder if the people in the promo are contestants or just actors? It seems silly to show a lot of the contestants in the top 24, especially as they’re having a top 50 this year! Taking away the surprise saddens me!

29 Morgan { 03.28.14 at 12:04 am }

Eh, not happy that they’re doing a Top 50 again this year. If there was one thing Season 5 did right, it was that it was straight into the real competition as I always felt Top 50 week wasn’t necessary. I have to admit, I’ll probably end up watching it in the end, as background noise at the very least.

@ James #28, I’d say those people shown in the promo are most likely our Top 24/20 for this year. Let’s see if the the food they cook is as good as the stuff they “cooked” in the promo. 😉

30 Dr T { 03.28.14 at 12:08 am }

Are they definitely not doing a top 50 this year? I’d agree that was a major floor with last years one Morgan

31 Brad { 03.28.14 at 3:23 pm }

Have a look at Masterchef NZ. The level of cooking is amazing, and the contestants are genuinely nice people. MC Australia’s host could learn a lesson or two from the Kiwi hosts – they make it about the contestants and not about their egos (and by “their” I mean “George’s ego”).

32 James { 03.28.14 at 5:09 pm }

@Dr T #30, they’re definitely doing a top 50 this year. I have a friend who made it that far.