My Kitchen Rules – Colin Fassnidge Has His First Cookbook Out – FOUR Kitchens

Colin Fassnidge Four KitchensIt’s a truth universally acknowledged that if you are chef on a reality TV show you need to release a cookbook whilst the show is on air. And why not strike whilst the iron is hot.

On Monday night I attended the launch for Colin’s first cookbook FOUR Kitchens. Yep sometimes writing this blog comes with some perks. And yes the canapes served were from his cookbook. So I can vouch for the tastiness of the Crispy Ham and Cheese Balls with Mustard Creme Fraiche, pork popcorn and there was some very yummy crispy chard.

In short his book is about restaurant quality food to cook in the home. It the opposite to Four Ingredients and cook a meal in under 15 minutes which is the trend at the moment.

It is not an Irish cuisine cookbook though there are a couple of recipes that nod at his background. Recipes that look delicious include Slowly Braised Brisket, Miso chicken, and Beetrrot Brownie with Vanilla and Ginger Creme Fraiche. But don’t think that it is a dinner party cookbook as there are a lot of recipes you can use to give your everyday meals a bit of a lift.

He does have a recipe for fennel popsicles which claims that it is sneaky way to get kids to eat vegetable. Hmmm not quite convinced on that one Colin.

The book is out in most of the stores and can be found at Big W and KMart for under $30.

1 techhater { 03.30.14 at 4:04 pm }

Pit’s show NZ On A Plate is on 72 on Sunday mornings. I actually preferred him then. Agree with others about how gaunt he appears, maybe it’s that girlfriend of his.

Also on Sunday mornings on 72 is a show called The Kitchen Job, it’s an NZ version of Kitchen Nightmares with a chef from NY and he’s really polite and nothing at all like Gordon Ramsay. 👿

2 daisy { 03.30.14 at 4:15 pm }

I’m sorry to hear that Pork chop. Mine all mostly, poof! Died suddely from stroke. Living it up and then, poof! That’s my pick.
Auntie died, poof! In her sleep at 81. I’ve got my hand up for that one too.

As for Pete, I reckon he had the spearly signs of the old-man-scrawn between his shoulders and his boobs. You know like those old guys who(and good on them) work hard to stay athletic.

3 Rosie { 03.30.14 at 4:17 pm }

Hi, gang! 😀

4 daisy { 03.30.14 at 4:17 pm }

BTW,Italian for family dinner tonight. Full menu unknown.
Last week’s Middle Eastern was a winner, as was Spanish the previous week.

5 daisy { 03.30.14 at 4:18 pm }

Hi back Rosie. 😆

6 techhater { 03.30.14 at 4:26 pm }

Hi Rosie 😆

Daisy Sounds yummy, I’m making mini shepherd’s pies. Sounds a bit boring to your feast.

Porkchop, Sorry to hear that.

I must be one of the “lucky” ones most of the women in our family lived to well over 90+ years, most of them smoked and liked a drop of red. When their time came just closed their eyes and “poof.” Now that’s how I want to go.

7 daisy { 03.30.14 at 5:06 pm }

Hey Rosie, I’ll be Darla or Alf Alfa.

Who was the bully who was jealous of Our Gang and kept trying to take them down? Butch wasn’t it?

TH, from now on it should say that on the death certificates; “poof!”

8 Rosie { 03.30.14 at 5:24 pm }

Both of grandmothers were gently dementing just a little by the time they died. One was 98 and the other was 88.

My parents however had full use of their faculties, and their deaths were more difficult. Mum’s from cancer at 63, and Dad’s from a heart attack in his seventies. Me, I’m hoping to go the way of my grandmas. Just gently fading away. Not quite knowing what’s going on, and not quite caring.

9 Rosie { 03.30.14 at 5:26 pm }

And with a poof! of course.

10 daisy { 03.30.14 at 6:09 pm }

11 cuisinaire { 03.31.14 at 2:03 am }

In Melbourne over the weekend, I found myself dining at a pavement table at Grossi Florentin0. Guy Grossi was at another table facing the next door bookshop…Colin’s book on display in the window. Had to laugh at the irony.

12 E { 03.31.14 at 10:02 am }

When I came on here and simply pointed out to RR that the grammatical/spelling errors in her posts can be distracting, I wasn’t exactly expecting to be labelled a “sad little person and a big loser”. If you can’t accept the fact I have a differing opinion to yours, then you are the sad ones.

13 E { 03.31.14 at 10:11 am }

Also Pork chop, I never once said her writing was “incomprehensible”. You put that word in direct quotation marks which would imply I said it. I didn’t, so please refrain from putting words in my mouth. Illiterate? Ha. You have NO idea.

14 cam2 { 03.31.14 at 10:26 am }

hi RR, i hear petes got a new cookbook out too called Healthy Everyday. do you know if its any good?

15 all happening { 03.31.14 at 10:34 am }

I seems to be full of sauerkraut and activated nuts cam2. There is a link at #37 from sunrise when he was flogging it.

16 brain dead dave { 03.31.14 at 10:42 am }

#62 “Simply pointed out”. Didn’t read like that.

Also , what’s the difference between “haven’t been able to understand what you’ve written” and “incomprehensible”?

17 all happening { 03.31.14 at 10:54 am }

Talk about gramatic errors, my post at #65 “I seems to be full of sauerkraut and activated nuts” sounds like I too could be’ poof’ if not careful.

18 cam2 { 03.31.14 at 11:35 am }

thanks for the link all happening, he’s certainly very keen on sauerkraut!

19 Reality Raver { 03.31.14 at 12:03 pm }

Cam2 – I think he and Manu has a book out as well. All released at the same time will do something on their this week.

20 Reality Raver { 03.31.14 at 12:05 pm }

I think the grammar issue was done and dusted three days ago. Let it go everyone. I have forgotten it and have moved on to weightier issues stories of which will be up soon.

21 techhater { 03.31.14 at 12:49 pm }

RR Can you find out if there’s any truth to this link please.

I’ve since found out that the Chloe quits story in NI is again a BS headline. Apparently she goes home to see her son for a day or so.

22 daisy { 03.31.14 at 1:26 pm }

A trashazine printing a misleading headline? I’m stunned!

23 Reality Raver { 03.31.14 at 1:36 pm }

There is always bullshit headlines. Last week or the week before on TV WEEK there was a headline saying Anna “Why I left home at eleven” I did not even bother picking up mag. Thought because you went to boarding school. There were also bullshit Block pregnancy rumours last week. But will look into it.

24 Techhater { 03.31.14 at 1:47 pm }

RR You’re right about the BS pregnancy story. I posted on another thread as I had it straight from Kara’s mum it wasn’t true.

25 Uel's cannons { 03.31.14 at 2:12 pm }

I don’t want to open another front on the grammar wars.
But, I feel really sorry for people – I think aged mid-20s to 30s – that hold a pen like an arthritic crab. Its hard to describe, but its awful. I think it must have been the preferred grip taught when they were young.

26 daisy { 03.31.14 at 2:22 pm }

It’s what happens when teachers don’t have the skills to teach handwiting and when parents and teachers can’t/don’t supervise and train.

27 Sandii { 03.31.14 at 2:31 pm }

Just for the record. I love sauerkraut .

28 cam2 { 03.31.14 at 3:40 pm }

thanks RR, didn’t realise manu had a book out as well. i saw the promo for his tv special where he goes back to france and it looks pretty good! its fun to see the judges when they are not in ‘judging’ mode. kind of like seeing teachers outside of school, you can see their personalities, its good.
and lol with the trashy mag headlines, the anna ‘why i left home’ one is so ridiculous its almost impressive how they can spin any story into a sensational headline.

29 Zhee { 04.01.14 at 7:09 pm }

Hmmm, that video from Pete seems like sniffing Sauerkraut from his girlfriend’s fake tits doesn’t do him any favors…

Damn, I wanted to write something about the grammar but my idiotic cat climbed up the 2 meter shelf again. Now he looks scared because he’s too fat to turn around in the shelf and climb or jump down again. -.- Totally distracting!

30 brain dead dave { 04.01.14 at 7:15 pm }

Try to lure him down with a ladder and some sardines, Zhee.

31 Zhee { 04.01.14 at 7:54 pm }

I picked him up, he was scared, now my left cheek shows some beautiful red scratches. Good thing is that now Miss Kitty decided to climb up the shelf and now she sits in the same spot as her brother did before. Ahhh, perfect start into my second week end day.