The Amazing Race – When A Bad Decision Effects Your Whole Leg

Buzzfeed have put up a list of 86 Things That Happen On Every Season Of The Amazing Race and it is hilarious.

Here are a couple of my favourites:

12. Yet another team will be dating, and talk about how they want to get closer and think the race will be a perfect experience to do so. This is complete and utter bullshit and they will fight like gamecocks.

32. At least one contestant will cry because a challenge like shaving their head or going down a water slide is “too difficult.”

36. At some point, the teams will have to drive a car with stick shift. This happens every season, yet there is always at least one team who is totally and utterly unprepared to do so.

And of course this one “Through the powers of editing, every episode will seem like a down-to-the-wire footrace, even though you know halfway through the episode who is going to be eliminated on this leg of the race” is pertinent to last nights episode of the race.

Margie and Luke were always going to struggle to make up the time they lost after they took the gamble to see if they could get a stand by seat on the direct flight from Kuala Lumpar rather then risk a 30 minutes transit time in Singapore.

They didn’t get on the flight and were ten hours behind. Even with some crafty editing and a difficult Roadblock where the teams had to make a shirt they were never going to be in it. Phil Keoghan teared up when he had to tell them they were eliminated. As usual Margie was all class and Luke was zen about it.

Here is an interview with them (Part 1  and Part 2) where they talk about their time on the race.

1 Gidgitvonlarue { 03.28.14 at 3:07 pm }

I am personally SO glad Margie and Luke got eliminated. Because of his disability his mommy has obviously spoilt him – and he acted that way. I have never liked them and hopefully this is the last time the show will have them back. When Luke threw those glasses down breaking them in that club – well that pretty much summed him up. No class – no maturity – just acted like a spoilt child.

2 daisy { 03.28.14 at 5:27 pm }

I am with you on this Gidget. They have annoyed me in past seasons too. I think mummy, or mother has raised a child not a man.
I didn’t like the speed bump team last time they played because of all her crying and tantrums but last night I was really wanting them to beat mummy and her boy. She was so proud of him when he didn’t sulk.
I thought that should be a given at his age.

3 Sioux Denim { 03.28.14 at 11:31 pm }

I wish Margie had the opportunity to race with someone who wasn’t so bloody spoilt and moody..What a little shit he is!

Recorder stopped 10 mins before ending so curious to know did they even make it to the garment factory whilst the other teams were still there? Also, who came in second last?

Really like the Globetrotter guys, hope they make up some ground.

Really dislike this whole working together crap too….thats bullshit!

4 PuppetDiva { 03.29.14 at 1:56 am }

The Buzzfeed article was GOLD!

5 techhater { 03.29.14 at 11:38 am }

I’ve never been a fan of Margie & Luke’s either, so I was really glad to see the back of them.

6 Sue { 03.29.14 at 3:34 pm }

Brendan & Rachel were 2nd last.
I admire their nerve in going for the Singapore flight with the short transit time. In just about every other season, when a team has tried that, it has failed badly while the teams that stick with a standby option nearly always get on the plane.

They didn’t really show any of Margie & Lukes leg after the flight; just a quick shot of them reading the clue after (apparently) doing the fishing task and a quick shot of them at the garment factory.

Does anyone want to guess yet who will win?

7 daisy { 03.29.14 at 5:48 pm }

Sue, I will put $5 on the cowboys.

8 techhater { 03.29.14 at 6:04 pm }

Can’t decide but my faves in order are :-

Afghanimals
Cowboys
Globetrotters
Brenchels

9 daisy { 04.05.14 at 11:18 pm }

Those Afimals annoyed me so much this week. I know they are joking but I hate the way they play dirty. Go cowboys.

Also they are endangering lives the way they were speeding around in the tuk-tuks (pronounced took took, not tuck-tuck)

10 Sioux Denim { 04.07.14 at 5:00 pm }

I am enjoying the Afanimals a lot more this season than last…i really loking all teams and the top 3 all appear to have a red hot chance.

Bloody annying when its a non elimination round though…how many do they usually have a season?

11 Sioux Denim { 04.10.14 at 10:34 pm }

Just realised show not on tonight – does anyone know if it changed time slot or just not on this week? Many thanks