My Kitchen Rules – Carly And Tresene Getting Online Backlash And No Surprise The Source

carly and tresne 1

Carly was talking to Kyle and Jackie O this morning talking about the negative backlash they have received since revealing they were in a relationship to the Australian public last week.

She told the popular breakfast show that it is Christian groups that appear to be the main instigators the hate.

As reported in the Daily Mail:

Opening up that they are being targeted online she said: ‘It’s just the online hate thing, obviously we try not to even get involved in that, but it’s kind of hard when you’ve got Christian lobby groups and places like that…

Carly said ‘It’s hard because we are Christians and our Church actually accepts us for who we are.’

Silly me I thought Christianity was all about tolerance but it appears those groups hate a lot of things.

Interestingly in the interview they also admitted they did not like the L-word and it appears maybe the decision to out themselves was not entirely their decision.

Talking about what prompted them to reveal their relationship status the school teacher was tongue-tied: ‘We basically, we just decided… we weren’t ever going to come out about it but I can’t say anymore about that… Never mind, never mind it’s okay.’

When you sign up for a high rating reality show there is no way your private life will be kept private and it is slightly naive to think it might be. Also as I wrote last week maybe if they had been upfront from the beginning this online bollocks would not be occurring as it would have been one line in their bio rather then a story of the day.

1 Georgie { 04.01.14 at 5:02 pm }

I blame MKR casting and editing for all this side-issue crap. Just start by giving us contestants who can cook and then show us the cooking. Who cares how many countries they’ve been to, or who they sleep with, or how they treat their mothers or how many times their house has been broken into. JUST COOK FFS!

2 Libby { 04.01.14 at 5:10 pm }

Carly and Tresne were robbed. Best entree and best dessert, at least the meat was cooked.undercooked chook doesn’t deserve to win. Will the self righteous Mums sell more cookbooks in the supermarket? They are not he best or. Most innovative cooks.

3 Uel's cannons { 04.01.14 at 5:23 pm }

Libby – that rosewater and raspberry mousse looked beautiful and – shock horror – something different. It looked delicious. I was imagining it served on Karen Martini, but that’s another story ….

4 Anonymous { 04.01.14 at 5:39 pm }

“It was definitely passive aggressive and you’ve got your knickers in a twist when you got some of your own. Have a tissue.

There are several moderate, well meaning anonymous posters but that option is tarnished by bottom feeding trolls.”

Nothing aggressive here, though. You nutbag! Your reputation precedes you, Uncle Dave. Hope you enjoyed milking you fangs on me today. Another day, another woman mauled.

5 brain dead dave { 04.01.14 at 6:29 pm }

No idea what your gender is. Anonymous posters are a bit like KKK members.

6 daisy { 04.01.14 at 6:38 pm }

Some people don’t even know or care what they are fighting about as long as they are fighting. It’s evident by now that for that reason all debate is futile.
I will leave these ones to wallow in their own misery because their aim is to infect others with it. Not happening.

7 Sandii { 04.01.14 at 6:42 pm }

Georgetake2 @ 40, I think she was shocked that her 80 plus year old granny said the word “lesbian” and knew what is was. My mother in law calls Lebanese cucumbers, lesbian cucumber. Always brings a smile to my face.

8 Georgie { 04.01.14 at 6:57 pm }

#54 – Hahaha, that really is funny; that really takes the cake. Along with all the other labels bdd has had plastered on him, now he’s also expected to be clairvoyant!

Choosing to use an epicene pen name and then claiming mistreatment by declaring your gender – that one will take some beating.

9 daisy { 04.01.14 at 6:57 pm }

Sandii, I like the nice answer your friend gave het granny.

10 daisy { 04.01.14 at 7:00 pm }

Georgie, you made me smile. Like this. :)

11 Georgie { 04.01.14 at 7:06 pm }

Daisy, that’s like saying, “you’re an arsehole, but why can’t you be a caring, sensitive arsehole!” :roll:

12 daisy { 04.01.14 at 7:26 pm }

Ha ha, Georgie, I didn’t think anyone wants a sensitive arsehole.
😳

13 all happening { 04.01.14 at 7:34 pm }

Careful Daisy you don’t want it blowing up a gain.

14 Georgie { 04.01.14 at 7:35 pm }

No they can be a bit uncomfortable for sure Daisy. In fact any form of hypersensitivity is difficult to live with. Certainly no good for blogging.

15 daisy { 04.01.14 at 7:39 pm }