The 2014 Logie Nominations Are In

logie awards

The Block was the big winner at the TV WEEK Logie nominations getting two nominations in the Most Popular Reality Program for both All Stars and Sky High. My Kitchen Rules, Big Brother, and  Bondi Rescue have also been nominated in that category. In a stark omission Masterchef Australia missed out on a nomination which is a blow before the new series is about to start.

Scott Cam also was nominated for Most Popular Personality on TV the Gold Logie, and the Most Popular Presenter. Domestic Blitz: The Block To The Rescue was nominated in the Most Popular Lifestyle Program category.

Not that I am a huge fan of Scott Cam but it is great that a reality host/star made it into the Gold Logie category as they are the most popular shows on our TV screens. He is up against Australia’s sweetheart Asher Keddie, Andy Lee, Carrie Bickmore, Stephen Peacocke and Essie Davis.

In other nominations related to reality TV Timomatic and Johnny Ruffo have been nominated for Most Popular New Talent. This year there is no Joel Madden or overseas superstar in the mix.

The Voice and The X Factor are nominated in the Most Popular Light Entertainment category going up against Hamish and Andy’s Gap Year Asia, Ja’mie: Private School Girl, and The Project.

The Voice Australia is also nominated in the Most Outstanding Light Entertainment category, which is a peer voted award. It will be up against comedies like Housos.

Selling Houses Australia received a nomination for the Most Popular Lifestyle Program alongside Embarrassing Bodies Down Under, Domestic Blitz: The Block To The Rescue, Better Homes And Gardens and The Living Room.

Scott Cam will be going up against Hamish, Andy Lee, Carrie Bickmore and Adam Hills in the Most Popular Presenter Category.

For the full list of the nominations go to TV WEEK’s Facebook page or website.

The TV WEEK Logie Awards are held on Sunday, April 27 and will air on Nine.

1 Maz { 03.31.14 at 4:49 pm }

Is the Logies public vote? If so, the Block may not be such a big winner with the vote been split across both incarnations.

I don’t think anyone is surprised the MCA was omitted. It was a really, really bad season with the casting choices. With established series, people want to see a degree of excellence (as in wow they are good not OMG how on earth did they get cast, can they even boil water?)
Not that the Block is immune from poor casting (everyone knows to which couple we refer).

One more thing re MCA-is anyone going to update the MCA drinking game with the phrases everyone loves (or the ultimate list of ‘I have never cook this before’)?

2 brain dead dave { 03.31.14 at 5:31 pm }

Puberty Blues, Fat Tony & Co and Love Child. These were great shows.

Beige Scotty is just a boof- headed embarrassment. The Ma$terchef “winner” couldn’t cook chips. ‘ Nuff said.

3 daisy { 03.31.14 at 5:38 pm }

I was going only going to sample Love Child but it caught me with it’s authenticity. I am impressed it doesn’t attempt to use scandal to draw in viewers. I can really relate to the lives and fashions of these young people. Watching this show takes me back to high school and I can almost smell the 60s. I don’t know if I have seen any knee high wet look boots and knickerbockers or culottes yet. Great job, Love Child producers.

4 Georgie { 03.31.14 at 5:46 pm }

The MC machine will turn the Logies omission into an elitist promo with something like: “Masterchef Australia is not bogan enough to be selected in the Most Popular Reality Program category”.

5 brain dead dave { 03.31.14 at 5:56 pm }

Long gawne are the Ma$terchef salad days when Jowl$y was fitted up with a Logie for being the best new talent. Jowl$y’s now a fat, cliche bound old dog incapable of new tricks.

Gary should nevertheless get some kind of award for the number of times he can fit the phrase “Ma$terchef Kitchin” into his soporific speeches.

6 Isabelle { 03.31.14 at 6:26 pm }

I hope Scott Cam gets it, he really deserves it

7 Uel's cannons { 03.31.14 at 8:17 pm }

Vote for Housos! Pauly is the people’s poet, a modern day Chaucer.

8 Techhater { 03.31.14 at 10:17 pm }

I’m really disappointed that Guy Pearce for Jack Irish and Craig McLachlan for Dr Blake aren’t nominated.

Not particularly a fan of any Australian dramas, but these with Miss Fisher’s Murders are excellent. Jack Irish being the best of all.

9 Andrea { 03.31.14 at 10:20 pm }

Hope Big Brother and Selling Houses do well.
I also enjoyed “A Place to Call Home”

10 all happening { 03.31.14 at 10:37 pm }

I really enjoyed “A place to call home “, Andrea, there is so much about the 50’s that keep popping up that reminds me of my childhood. It is a bit scary.

11 Techhater { 03.31.14 at 10:45 pm }

I have to say the gorgeous Marta Dusseldorf is poppimg up everywhere. A Place To Call Home, Janet King & Jack Irish. I hope she does well.

12 Techhater { 03.31.14 at 10:52 pm }

Oops that should be Dusseldorp. My bad 😳

13 Ryan { 04.01.14 at 9:33 am }

I find Scott Cam, Asher Keddie, and Carrie Bickmore unbearably annoying, though with Keddie I think it’s more the neurotic twitching and other irritating character quirks her character on Offspring has. Bickmore can be a total cow on The Project if she doesn’t agree with something.

14 Carol (without the e) { 04.01.14 at 12:07 pm }

There are so many great Australian dramas on TV at the moment. Thank God for DVD recorders!!!

I am totally addicted to and NEVER miss:

Puberty Blues – I love those girls like they are my own daughters

Secrets and Lies (nearly didn’t watch this as I thought it would be an ongoing / never ending waste of time – ala Lost!! (p.s. I think the mother and the muso are in it together!)

Love Child – Jessica Marais is such a star

Rake – I’m in love with Cleaver

A Place to Call Home – Have dragged my mother into my addiction

House Husbands – It’s been waaaaay too long and I want them back now!!!

Fat Tony – I have it all taped and haven’t watched it yet… but loved to see some of the original Underbelly stars back on the screen!

I would hate to choose from this list to pick a winner.

They are all brilliant but the one I think I love the most – as it was my era – is Puberty Blues. Those girls are so good at nailing the behaviour of 70’s teenagers.

I need another DVD recorder and more hours in the day!!

Hello… my name is Carol and I am a TVaholic!.

15 Becc { 04.07.14 at 10:35 pm }

Had such a hard time voting because there are just way to many great shows at the moment, how can you choose?! Cannot wait til the logies, fave time of the year! I’m sure I will be happy whatever the results.

16 Helen { 04.09.14 at 10:59 am }

I have to agree with Ryan, Carrie Bickmore is annoying when she doesn’t agree with something. I used to watch The Project but even Charlie (who’s now left I think) was getting weird and having a go at people like Steve Price. As for Asher Keddie, I think it’s her character but as I can’t stand Nina I will never watch Offspring – yawn. Not a fan of Australian dramas, usually a bit too try hard, but Puberty Blues is my era so not too bad.

17 Carol (without the e) { 04.09.14 at 11:04 am }

I LOVE Puberty Blues. I do not want those girls to grow up!!!

Oh and I was wrong about the killer in Secrets and Lies. TOTALLY wrong. Who saw that coming???