Recipe To Riches Returning To TEN – Now Casting

This is not an April Fool’s joke, Recipe To Riches, is returning to TEN later this year and they are looking for contestants. If you think you have a product as good as Garth Midgely Chocorn then get your application in.

It goes to show that a show does not have to be a ratings success to make money. Clearly Woolworths were happy with it and it made some money for TEN. It was fun trying the products on the show, though some were better then others. Those samosas were delicious. OK the Chocorn was pretty delicious as well.

Here is the blurb from the press release:

Network Ten, Woolworths and FremantleMedia Australia today announced that Recipe To Riches will return to TEN later this year and are calling for contestants to be part of Series Two.

Last year Recipe To Riches found a recipe that flew off supermarket shelves.

Garth Midgley wowed Australia with his innovative idea, bringing chocolate and popcorn together to create Chocorn, which is due to hit Woolworths shelves permanently at Easter.

Now it’s your turn. Do you have the next original recipe?

It’s time to dig out that family meal that everyone raves about, submit your innovative recipe and turn your home-made meal or snack into a supermarket sensation.

Successful contestants will have the chance to test their product on a grand scale, come up with their own brand name and packaging, and find out what the public really thinks of their product.

Our experts can’t wait to see what recipes Australians are going to bring this time. They are looking for smart and innovative new products that will be available to buy in Woolworths the day after the weekly winner is announced.

Hopeful contestants can apply online by visiting www.recipetoriches.com.au. Applications close at 5.00pm on Wednesday, April 15, 2014.

1 Culinary Boner { 04.01.14 at 12:04 pm }

What a disappointment this show turned out to be.

I was in love with it based on the manic and almost whacky first episode. And then each and every episode after was simply dull and formulaic, with really dreary contestants touting ill conceived inedible crap to a backdrop of Woolworths’ corporate propaganda. Plus that Three Blue Dicks jock/chef bloke could win a Logie for most boring reality TV host/judge…ever.

Good to see Ten flogging another dud to death.

2 brain dead dave { 04.01.14 at 12:09 pm }

Fuck Woolworths . As they’re a major investor in poker machines in Australia, I refuse to shop in their stores, they can jam their Chocorn .

3 Arr { 04.01.14 at 12:12 pm }

Hardly a surprise this is back — it probably costs Woolworths less money to invest in producing shows like this than it does to advertise directly in prime time.

4 Rosie { 04.01.14 at 12:23 pm }

What CB said…

5 Gidgitvonlarue { 04.01.14 at 2:38 pm }

I applied last year, they liked me, called me for second audition then at the last minute pulled the plug. Turns out the producer of the show didn’t like what I said on twitter about Farmer Wants a Wife (which she also produced) and figured out who I was.

So god knows why they’ve emailed me to audition again. They can kiss my baby back ribs!

6 Culinary Boner { 04.01.14 at 3:51 pm }

Hey Gidg, was your recipe sweet or savoury? The guy who’s recipe needed the next ten year’s supply of global Tabasco sauce production was my favourite. After that, the rest was just a Croq – as in Connie’s Croqs.

Maybe you should sign up and then bail at last minute saying you just figured out Woolies were behind the show?

7 Lebay { 04.02.14 at 4:09 am }

I was in Ulladulla on the weekend and they had a good supply of he Ride Boy Rib sauce on throw out clearance

8 Gidgitvonlarue { 04.02.14 at 12:12 pm }

@CB: It was a rib/chicken wing sauce. Originally it was the actual pre marinaded ribs & wings – but I do see Cole and Woolies are doing that now as well as pre prepared pulled pork, American ribs etc.

Haha – nah, I’m glad I didn’t get on. Lets face it hardly anyone watched it. Rather be on My Kitchen Rules!

9 Cita { 05.07.14 at 11:59 pm }

Can anyone help me I would like to join the recipe to riches I would like to make my home made Lumpia it is a delicious recipe everyone like this recipe

10 Cita mol { 07.17.14 at 12:46 am }

when is the recipe to riches competition start again please email me