Manu Feildel’s New Show Starts Tonight And He Whinges About Fickle Sydney Diners

Manu-in-L'etoile-Kitchen

Manu Feildel’s new travel cooking show, My France With Manu starts tonight on SEVEN. He goes back to his childhood home to show us a little bit more about him and his family as well as some cooking as well.

Manu career continues to go from success to success. He is a judge on My Kitchen Rules one of the highest rating shows on television, has many product endorsements and he has a new cookbook out his fourth one called Manu’s French Bistro.

He has also opened a new restaurant with George Calombaris also involved in Melbourne called Le Grand Cirque. However he has had to sell his Sydney restaurant L’etoile.

In the papers today he is saying the reason he closed were that Sydney diners are fickle and are not loyal customers. Apparently the harbour city residents are always looking for the next thing. Mark Best who is a chef at Marque in Sydney and Pei Modern in Melbourne disputed this telling the SMH “It’s a throwaway line for the underwhelming. I don’t think there are any good restaurants that died through lack of customers; good restaurants have good customers.”

One of the issues that must be vexing for celebrity chefs is trying to work on their projects as well as being behind the burners in their kitchens.

My France With Manu is a two part series on SEVEN at 7.30pm Sunday nights.

1 Georgie2 { 04.07.14 at 9:34 pm }

Ok I am no longer going to watch this show anymore. Enough insulting the audience. Pete is a wanker and Manu is a tool. Over it!!!!!

2 Sandii { 04.07.14 at 9:35 pm }

Bullshit!

3 Georgie2 { 04.07.14 at 9:37 pm }

Rigged!!!!!!! This is wrong, so so wrong!!! The only message I am getting from MKR is that nasty cruel egos are winners. Sorry everyone, I am stuck alone in a hotel room, I don’t have anyone to yell too, not even a cat.

4 Sandii { 04.07.14 at 9:54 pm }

Georgie2, it is so blatantly obvious, that is what is giving me the shits. Rigged!!!! I agree!

5 brain dead dave { 04.07.14 at 9:55 pm }

RIGGED.

Load of unacceptable, appalling shit ,Ch 7.

At least Love Child delivers some quality.

6 Littlepetal { 04.07.14 at 10:03 pm }

Even the website try to con us into believing that Cathy and Anna didn’t cooks a good dish. Recipe for their quail dish was not MKR tested when all the judges gave such a high score.

7 Georgie2 { 04.07.14 at 10:17 pm }

And the worst part? It is finished filming, so our opinions don’t count. Even if we stop watching, it’s too late, there are arrogant people up there who made it to Top 5 – cause they, you know deserve it, sacrificed a lot to get there, are so totally amazing Babe! How sweet and dignified was Cathy? How humble were they, even in defeat. There are three teams in the top five I want out – and two I want to crash and burn badly, and they can take the judges with them

8 Littlepetal { 04.07.14 at 10:23 pm }

Georgie2, I know which 3 teams you want out!!! Also I don’t think it is fair to get the teams to score at the Top 5 instant restaurants. They won’t score fairly. Ridiculous! They should be cooking for the guess judges. They just want to draw out the drama and bickering bet you know who.

9 daisy { 04.07.14 at 10:37 pm }

I gather from the rants that Bree and Jess made it through. Damn. I liked Cathy and Anna.

Oh well, I will enjoy Love Child too. Any 48 hrs on tonight?
I thought Dr Phil hubby today was scary…Mr “RIGHT” in the worst way. Like in Seeping with the enemy. My guess he went for the 20yr old because he thought she would be easy to control.

10 brain dead dave { 04.07.14 at 10:47 pm }

Love Child will be going around in 2015 , too, which is great news.The soundtrack CD is fabulous. No 48 hrs tonight.

Less said about the stinking culinary sewer MKR has become the better. Pete and Manu are whores for the producers.

11 Georgie { 04.07.14 at 10:53 pm }

Can’t post a comment because Spam Man is an arsehole. FYSM!

12 Georgie { 04.07.14 at 10:58 pm }

Yep you really are an arsehole Spam Man! I’ve been trying to put one simple sentence up – no links – for nearly an hour and now you let my expletives go through?

13 daisy { 04.07.14 at 10:59 pm }

SO Pete and Manu have dry breasts but everyone else had lovely, tender moist breasts.

Yeah, even though I wasn’t hanging out in King’s Cross, (although I did visit on a school excursion in 68), Love Child still reminds me of what it was like in the 60’s.

I hope you have good luck getting through soon Georgie.

14 Georgie { 04.07.14 at 11:02 pm }

Just tried it again daisy and changed some of the wording slightly, but noooo, Spam Man struck again. Arsehole!

15 daisy { 04.07.14 at 11:08 pm }

Whisper it to me and I’ll write it for you, Georgie.
Or write it backwards. Or write every second letter and we’ll work it out from there.

16 daisy { 04.07.14 at 11:11 pm }

I didn’t mind Cathy and Anna. And I reckon the quail was the more difficult dish.

I hope T&B win.

17 Rosie { 04.08.14 at 12:05 am }

As I have said before, I am going to be seriously pissed off if Chloe and Kelly win, but if the pair who magically get through no matter how raw their chook etc…. I shall be beyond livid!! It seems that they are just speshul snowflakes somehow. They have to know someone in production or at the top of Channel 7, because it is all getting way beyond a joke.

Funnily enough, at their first home restaurant, I quite liked them. Their food was good and they seemed pleasant enough. But as time has gone on, I just wanted them gone.

And Pete and Manu both having “dry” quail breasts from the other two was so ridiculously impossible as to be, well, ridiculously impossible.

18 Rosie { 04.08.14 at 12:07 am }

It’s after midnight and I’m still fucking pissed off. Fuck you, Pete and Manu!

19 Rosie { 04.08.14 at 12:07 am }

Arseholes!

20 daisy { 04.08.14 at 12:37 am }

Perhaps that will be the next secret ingredient.

Love Child was so good tonight. So glad Joan ended up with her bf. My rec cut out because the show ran late. I ended on the wife leaving the doc and the red haired girl singing. Did I miss anything?

21 Sandii { 04.08.14 at 6:47 am }

The wife gave the baby back to the red haired girl. It was a great show.

22 Andrea { 04.08.14 at 8:46 am }

Rigged is right! How do those two keep getting through?

23 Briar { 04.08.14 at 9:05 am }

How do they get through? By cooking with the sponsor’s product (or not cooking, in one memorable instance.) Lilydale must have paid a shitload in sponsorship so they can get to advertise the winning dish.

24 Culinary Boner { 04.08.14 at 9:10 am }

What do I feel like for dinner today?
Food court bain marie butter chicken with mushy red lentil dhal?
Or crispy boned quail in Moroccan spices with roasted baby carrots and quinoa?
Nah! Fuck that!
The quail breast’s bound to be drier that a nun’s…yeah um wot’s it…
This is My Kitchen Rules … we have standards here ya know…
…what I really want is Curried Spam Pilaf, thank you very muchly… that’d go down a treat:

25 daisy { 04.08.14 at 9:27 am }

Oh thanks Sandii. After I went to bed I got thinking that may have happened. Bloody TV stations. I have to record the show following if I want to get endings. It has been happening so much lately, even though our rec is set to recd past the show time. I would have loved to se that ending because they were acting so well.
I am glad the wife had a heart and knew she couldn’t steal another person’s baby. Is that end of season for now? And is it repeated this week so I can see the end.

26 daisy { 04.08.14 at 9:28 am }

Georgie, have you given up?

27 Sandii { 04.08.14 at 9:35 am }

Briar, that is an excellent point. We discussed last week the fact that anyone that opens a packet of Lilydale chicken seems to get a golden pass to get through. I couldnt see how opening a packet of chicken thighs beats deboning 10 quail.

28 daisy { 04.08.14 at 9:46 am }

Is that spam pilaf/pulau serious? I find it too hard to believe.

C&A cooked a more difficult dish imo because even a really good curry is easy and a tasty dahl is a sinch, whereas I reckon the quail would be difficult to get just right.
Anyway I just liked C&A more than Bree and Jess so I am biased. But really, it doesn’t matter. Neither team were set to win overall. The winners will be the boys or the Tassies, preferably the latter.

29 Briar { 04.08.14 at 11:44 am }

I got suspicious when Lilydale started tweeting excitedly about B&Js butter chicken back while they were still cooking chocolate. I was like WTF, this turns out to be chocolate ravioli with butter chicken? Trying not to imagine how that would have plated up.