The Block – Lysandra and Alisa Are Angry At EVERYONE including The Producers

lysandra and alisa

It was hard to decide whether to be on Team Twins or Team Chantelle in fight that erupted between them last night. Most of it was seen last week on the show as well. Though it was such a classic barney it was well worth a second viewing.

Chantelle tell spat out at them that they were just like what people thought they were and the girls quipped back “Just wait you will have your turn”. Steve kept out of it until one of the twins told Chantelle to get f**ked.

To be fair Chantelle and Steve would be difficult to work with. He had been given responsible for the garden and not much else by the looks of it. The twins were doing most of the project management must be frustrating. However the twins are very hot headed and assertive. It was surprising to learn they will be turning 30 this week.

They also appear to be cranky with the Producer’s of The Block and claiming they have bullied contestants. I’ll call bollocks on that one. It appears they are not happy that Kyal and Kara have got the winner’s edit. They claim the fun bits of them were not shown and that Brad and Dale had been fighting and also had a humdinger of an arguement with Keith that was not shown either.

The interesting article in the Daily Telegraph states:

THE makers of The Block have bullied contestants, prejudged the outcome and selectively edited footage to enhance Kyal and Kara’s popularity, last year’s winner Lysandra Fraser has alleged.

After a week of on-screen infighting and bitterness, including a spectacular blow-up on Thursday between the twins and Chantelle Ford, the mood leading into Wednesday’s grand finale has been tense.

“It’s all been about Kyal and Kara,” Fraser — who split $395,000 in prize money with twin sister Alisa last season — told News Corp.

“It’s just about who the show wants to win really isn’t it? I never used to think it but I do think now they have certain ways they want things to happen.”

She lent support to Geelong chimney sweep Steve O’Donnell’s claim on Facebook the producers had made him out to look stupid, lazy and “mentally deficient”.

“They paint pictures of people how they want them to be portrayed and I think to a certain extent they’ve bullied Steve the entire time,” she said.

The twins have been vocal about their dissatisfaction with their scores this season and Fraser believes the judges unfairly held them to a higher standard. She said they were selectively edited to once again look like villains.

“I have a little bit of a bad taste (in my mouth), we were always going to get a hard ride.

“They don’t show the funny side … they’ll take the bad parts and run with it.”

She said by contrast the producers had omitted any negative footage of Brad and Dale’s behaviour – “the boys have fights and they were getting bad towards the end” – including one potentially damaging blow-up with site foreman Keith Schleiger where she says they were “out of line.”

“The boys can do no wrong,” she said. “That’s probably because they’ve got (on-air role) plans for them down the track.”

Executive producer Julian Cress hit back at the claims, pointing out there’s no way to rig the outcome as the winner is decided by public auction.

“You gotta love the twins,” he said. “You never hear them complaining about the judges when they win a room…. but if Kyal and Kara get a perfect score for a bathroom then it’s rigged by the producers to make them look good? Have they forgotten that they won last year and walked away with $400,000?”

And while he’s unaware of plans to give Brad and Dale their own show “now that Lysandra mentions it I think it’s a really great idea.”

The twins might have just ensured that they get a shitty reserve for their apartment which goes for sale on Tuesday night with the finale to be screened on the Wednesday night.

What do you think do are Lysandra and Alisa right to cry foul this season?

The Block on NINE at 7.30pm weeknights.

1 Arr { 04.07.14 at 10:01 am }

Very important to remember that almost every bit of media that exists about these contestants is planned or approved by the show’s producers. If the producers/network didn’t want there to be this sort of press then it simply wouldn’t exist. they’d be enforcing their social media restrictive covenants etc, injunctions, the works.

2 brain dead dave { 04.07.14 at 10:22 am }

Didn’t hear a peep out out of these bottom feeding brats about this stuff when they were “winning” last year.

They’re acting more like 3 than 30.

3 Maz { 04.07.14 at 10:28 am }

I think it is a bit hypocritical for the twins to suddenly defend Steve when last night’s episode they didn’t seem to think highly of him either.

Last night’s pieces to camera after the fight were so scripted it was not funny…’maybe it will be a better outcome…’ etc

I am curious what the fight was about between B,D,K. Yes, B&D did get the better edit this season.

As for the challenges-I think the twins should have won the Mark Tuckey (can’t remember the designer’s name) build your own piece of furniture one.

The lighthouse challenge one-possibly Steve and Chantelle over KK (did not like the ply wood wall).

And the outcome of some of the Fans Vs Favs challenges were borderline.

As for that bathroom-it was presented in an unfavourable light with the shade drawn but it also appeared cramped with the bathtub. Shanynna probably should not have used the phrase ‘try -hard’ and scored a 5. However, it was not going to be a winning bathroom with a key sponsor having a flash bathtub in a rival’s space.(A bathtub which appears Chantelle spotted first).

That said they have ignored the golden rule of reality TV. Don’t give them material. Swearing, threatening to leave, alienating trades etc will be screened.

The mismanagement of expectations seems to be the cause of most of their frustration. They were highly lauded in the previous season without much competition whereas this time round there were two other couples who could get the ‘game on’.

4 Maz { 04.07.14 at 10:35 am }

Last’s night episode coupled with their recent media casts a whole new light on the roller-gate incident.

Also do you think the couple in House One are a bit scared of them?

5 ziii { 04.07.14 at 11:13 am }

I think the twins went into this season thinking it would be easy and I remember when they were doing their budget early on they said that they had to win rooms and challenges to be able to do what they want. And now that they didn’t happen.

All the swearing, threatening to walk etc. Does give TPTB something to go on. I wanted to give them a second chance, but the way they act and put people down isn’t very nice.

6 Gidgitvonlarue { 04.07.14 at 12:56 pm }

Editors cannot force them to act like bitches – that’s completely up to them. I’m sure they have had ‘fun times’ (they did show those as well) and no doubt Brad and Dale have had a fight – but overall Brad and Dale are fun to watch, and the twins are selfish bitches. Ok so they organised stuff – big whoop. Anyone with a voice can sit around and do that (aside from Steve who can’t do anything). It was crystal clear – footage of House 2 – everyone is busy actually working and doing stuff continually – footage of House 1 – all them standing around arguing. It’s amazing the house got finished! If ANYTHING was ‘rigged’ it was no doubt the show stepping in to finish that house because NO WAY that lot finished it.
The producers do kind of deserve this purely for bringing the twins back! NO winners should EVER return to have the chance to win again – ever, on any show! They already won a huge amount of money. Why should, over others that did not win, be given the chance to win again??

7 jec { 04.07.14 at 1:12 pm }

Gidgitvonlarue, I completely agree with you that NO winners should EVER return to have the chance to win again, but with this show that would not only include the Twins but Dale & Brad as well. Between the four of them they’ve won over 1 million dollars in previous series!!

8 LB { 04.07.14 at 1:47 pm }

The twins are the reason I haven’t seen one ep of The Block this year. Every other season has been must watch, but the way the twins behaved and were given so many free passes last season, I couldn’t stomach them again. Hopefully once this season is over they will disappear off our screens forever. I can’t imagine any production company wanting to work with them after all the diva acts I’ve read about this season.

9 Reality Raver { 04.07.14 at 2:32 pm }

LB – They have said in this interview they won’t be back http://www.popsugar.com.au/celebrity/Interview-Block-Sky-High-Winners-Alisa-Lysandra-31054008

10 PoRk ChOp { 04.07.14 at 2:45 pm }

So, “Cress said the twins still have as much chance as anyone else of winning. “And if they do, I doubt they’ll be saying it was rigged,” he said. “If they don’t I’m sure we’ll never hear the end of it.”

If this bloke was so aware of the twins’ nastiness, bitchiness and ingratitude, why were they given the opportunity to go onto the show a second time? They were bossy cows during the last Block; this time they are worse! The producers have asked the twins back, knowing that their negative behaviour will be controversial, hoping that BS will generate higher ratings.

If, the twins had a semi decent, respectful attitude towards other contestants, tradies etc, then there would be NO material that casts them as they really are – nasty, bitchy, ungrateful.

I’m not down on cops, at all, however it seems to me, that those twins have fully embraced, what is often labeled as a “police mentality,” and they impose that mentality/behaviour onto everyone, on the programme (despite the fact that they are no longer cops).

If I ever see them again, it will be too soon!

11 Maz { 04.07.14 at 2:45 pm }

I don’t mind past contestants returning (not everyone made a large amount of money in the past depending on the series). I just get the impression that they were trying to hedge their bets on this series as it was a mammoth undertaking (and minimise the risk of ending up with four CS-eque teams). Perhaps the properties on All Stars should have been a regular block (no returnees) and Dux House should have been the All Star series in light of the amount of comparative work to be done on this one.

If the twins win tomorrow then I guess they will be happy again.

12 Wheeze { 04.07.14 at 3:06 pm }

Twins can’t hide the fact that they were cocky at the start and shocked when they weren’t winning. So to get to the end and complain is just keeping with the theme.

Personally I think Shaynna made a BIG mistake last season telling them that they could design for a career.
She created a monster and ignored the fact that a career needs more than just good taste.

13 LB { 04.07.14 at 4:52 pm }

Thanks for that RR – sounds as though it will be safe to return to the next season of The Block.

Although I did nearly spit my coffee out when Lysandra said there was “some underlying arrogance” with the boys. Pot, kettle, black?

14 Culinary Boner { 04.07.14 at 4:56 pm }

They’d be perfect for The Amazing Race…and not much else.

15 Diogenes { 04.07.14 at 5:43 pm }

PorkChop #10 you have it right . They work as a pair to bully everybody, exactly as pairs of police do, and its always 2on1. I used to watch the transformation of my younger brother every time he put his uniform on (he ended up an Inspector)

16 PoRk ChOp { 04.07.14 at 6:22 pm }

Diogenes @15…yes, I used to work with off duty police, and they always maintained that “ganging up” mentality.

17 Juz { 04.07.14 at 10:03 pm }

So irritating that, yet again, The Block teased the reveal of the scores tonight, but held them over til the following night. And let’s hope next season they ditch the ridiculous forklift scoreboard reveal.

18 Violet { 04.07.14 at 10:08 pm }

Alisa & Lysandra are right to complain, the judging tonight was a joke! House 2 has white walls with no art and it’s deemed perfect as the owners can style it as they wish later on, the wood around the basin in house 1 will get constantly wet, but the wooden step for the shower/bath in house two is sophisticated. The toilet in the ensuite in house 1 is in a bad spot and gets slammed, but the toilet in house 2 bathroom in the same spot gets no comment. The grey bathroom in house 1 is too grey, yet the grey bathroom in house 2 is great because it is unstyled (so the owners can style it how they wish later, fake plants last week were bad, fake grass in house 2 was good and house 2 has a plywood reading nook and the fridge inbetween the oven and stove and it is apparently the best kitchen ever on the block!

Sorry if my rant is a bit all over the place, it’s just insane to me how many times the judges contradicted themselves. Personality aside, it really does seem like the twins get slammed for everything, yet the K’s can do no wrong. There is no point in stretching out the scores over two nights, it’s pretty obvious who is going to win the 10k!

19 brain dead dave { 04.08.14 at 3:55 pm }

This is hardly a spoiler but just business as usual. The twin turds are going to spit the dummy about their scores yet again tonight. They should have been drowned at birth.

20 Zhee { 04.08.14 at 6:58 pm }

bdd, I usually smile/laugh about your comments, but that’s just too over the top, regardless of how idiotic the twins behave. Perhaps a brick falling onto their feet would be sufficient enough….

@ Violet, I thought the judging was weird as well. Looks like the producers have a heavy hand at how the judging works. I know it’s RTV and producers can do whatever they want, but it’s too obvious.
The twins certainly didn’t do themselves any favors and I guess they will bomb at the auction. I currently think instead of coming first or second, they will not sell or be 4th placed.
Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. :) Surely it’s heavily edited, the judging is painfully inconsistent, but still they said that stupid stuff to the cameras. Otherwise the producers wouldn’t have material to edit them into the villains.
I only watched the room reveal from the last few episodes, because the show annoys me. I also switched of MKR because it’s getting on my nerves. 😉 I always feel like my IQ drops down 100 points when I watch those shows. I usually can keep up with it because it entertains me, but as they progress I loose more and more interest because I hate how editing tries to trick us into certain point of views.

21 MT { 04.08.14 at 7:25 pm }

I haven’t watched the block because of these two women. They look mean and nasty and it appears that is true. Sore losers do not teach our children anything. They would have spent their lives being 2 against 1 so I guess that don’t see anything wrong with that. I wonder what their parents think about their behaviour? But saying that they were clearly raised by people just like them.

22 brain dead dave { 04.08.14 at 7:30 pm }

Well, I’m sorry Zhee~ but I won’t be censured by someone who makes Holocaust jokes. Never.

23 Zhee { 04.08.14 at 8:39 pm }

Did I?

24 Violet { 04.08.14 at 9:13 pm }

@Zhee, I agree that the producers must be heavily influencing the judging. Darren & Neil have both said that of all the apartments, they would buy the Twins and Shayna picked the boys, but you’d think they’d pick K&K with the amount of praise and wins they had.

I’m one of the few people who actually like the twins and I hope they do well auction. I’m more inclined to think S& C won’t do so well at auction like those two male tradies with their quirky house on the all stars series in 2012. But you never know, someone might love it enough to part with $2 million. We shall see tomorrow night :)

25 switcheasy.zendesk.com { 07.01.14 at 1:31 pm }

try minecraft free 2d games

26 http://forum.playwebgame.com/id/member.php?u=96763-RCiallell { 08.20.14 at 1:50 pm }

Touche. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the great spirit.

Write in greater detail about your favorite cartoon character
and state why you like him a great deal. People don’t desire to read a similar old information over and over again,
so you ought to put your own twist with it.
Gift basket delivery readily, http://forum.playwebgame.com/id/member.php?u=96763-RCiallell,
Research paper emphasizes the conceptual and writing abilities of the apprentices.
The plan must be concise and on the same time, should give vital information required to assist investors decide the viability in the project and its particular profitability.