The Block – Steve Wants To Be Laughed With Not Laughed At

chantelle and steve

Don’t expect to see Chantelle and Steve opening up their own design related business after The Block has finished as they plan to have a crack at the entertainment industry.

It is reported in the Daily Mail via TV Week that Steve wants to be a stand up comedian. Interestingly the only mirth he was creating on the reality seres was with his complete ineptitude for all things related to renovating. Maybe it was the stand up comic challenge the team competed in that whet his appetite for the stage. However he did not win it, Brad and Dale did, and his routine was not that funny. Well to be fair none of them were outstanding.

Chantelle has also told the magazine she wants to get into the entertainment industry saying “acting, presenting and singing” are her ambitions. I wish them luck but they will have to be quick as a new set of reality contestants will be on our screens soon. However if you live in Melbourne be sure to look out for Steve at open mic nights.

1 brain dead dave { 04.07.14 at 11:07 pm }

Make sure you’ve got some sturdy chicken wire to stand behind,Steve.

2 Macky Blaise { 04.08.14 at 12:55 am }

How about me? I am just living at NOwra.. What can you say or advise?

3 Colls Bolls { 04.08.14 at 9:37 am }

I don’t understand this whole reality TV thing where people use it as an opportunity to launch themselves. I know of a couple who were supposedly ‘this close’ to getting on to The Block this season. They are both very good looking. She has worked in design, he is into IT and is a musician. They have never renovated anything. They are currently looking to buying their first home but have no intention of buying something that needs any work done to it. Somehow they themselves and the people on The Block thought they were good candidates for a renovations show? What The??

4 Mia { 04.08.14 at 11:20 am }

Steve’s about as funny as syphilis, so I predict a Craig Mclachlan-esque stand up comedy future for him.
Chantelle’s acting/presenting/singing skills might go alright on Playschool.

Was anyone else dubious about the judges gushing over House 1’s living/dining area last night? I’ve grown accustomed to the twins bitching about unfair judging by now, but I had to agree with them when they said that if they’d produced House 1’s living area with all the bare white walls and dead empty spaces, the judges would have caned them.
I also think House 2’s back yard is better than House 1’s.
Given House 1’s kitchen and wet areas are superior to House 2’s (and that the Super K’s seem to be given the ‘winning’ edit), I reckon they’ve got it in the bag though.

5 jec { 04.08.14 at 11:22 am }

Steve was quite funny during the comedy challenge a couple of weeks ago. He did better than I thought he would.

6 Tell It Like It Is { 04.08.14 at 11:58 am }

Mia’s captured the situation perfectly I reckon! :)

Mia { 04.08.14 at 11:20 am }
Chantelle’s acting/presenting/singing skills might go alright on Playschool.

7 brain dead dave { 04.08.14 at 12:19 pm }

The ability to entertain,instruct and hold the attention of young children is not to be scoffed at, in my opinion. Play School has been kicking educational arse for decades.

Craig McLachlan is currently playing Frankenfurter in a stage production of Rocky Horror and this is no stroll in the park, either.

Contrast this with the appalling Karl Stefanovic laughing at his own alleged “jokes”

8 Juz { 04.08.14 at 1:58 pm }

Yep, BDD, the range of talent on Play School at the moment is amazing. I get a kick out of seeing how well Alex Papps has done since his Summer Bay days. And I’m off to see Rocky Horror on Sat – can’t wait.

9 Maz { 04.08.14 at 2:19 pm }

I thought House One’s living room was cluttered and too enclosed. Also, I think House One would require further work. They moved the fireplace but did they remove the chimney?

The judges kept referring back to what the owners of House Two wanted which does imply that House One didn’t really take into account their ‘clients’ needs. Team One was more concerned about winning than the future functionality of the space. I wonder how many times Fiona’s and Steve’s opinion was over-ridden.

For a pair who were dubbed the bathroom queens what was produced was disappointing. As it was observed they didn’t bring their experience to the game. And yes, they should be held to a higher standard. Unlike the others, who expressed an interest in a media career, they want to be interior designers and it is tough. Are they going to bully the client if they express a contrary opinion?

And the twins were saying what about bullying producers (Kettle meet Pot):

As for Craig McLachlan-his turn as Dr Blake is nothing to be sneezed at either.

10 sunny { 04.08.14 at 2:56 pm }

Chantelle must be over hat “creation”, rollerskating waitress management and media consulting via “GrowSome”, now it’s time to go “stuff it up” big time with an audience!
Her words, not mine!
Nyuk nyuk nyuk!! He he he!
Pardon my irreverence, the girl should be given credit where it’s due. She does try very hard!!
Steve you old dark horse you. That backyard is not too shabby. Don’t hide that light under a bushel sunshine : Express Yourself Come on and do it!

11 sunny { 04.08.14 at 2:58 pm }

Holla for Dr Blake in the back!!

12 PollyB { 04.08.14 at 4:36 pm }

Chantelle has been ‘auditioning’ this the beginning of this series. Trite tripe I say.
Don’t like the Twins/S&C’s house. Kitchen/living/dining all separate and cramped. And the bath taps was a complete stuff up.
Thamkfully this is almost finished. I’m gonna try so hard not to watch the next series.

13 Smythe { 04.08.14 at 6:08 pm }

McLachlan does a very good Dr. Blake.

As for the homes: IMHO, House 1 (twins & SC) had a nicer living room, dining room, backyard and kitchen. House 2 (the Ks and BD) nicer bathrooms and a very nice spacious laundry room. Once again, they are stretching out the program by rolling the reveal of final scores over to the next episode.

14 WHY { 04.08.14 at 7:18 pm }

I am over Dumb and Dumber (Brad & Dale) I do believe the boys seemed to have gotten along very well, but then again, it’s all in the editing. Not one bad word or disagreement – come on. Please! I think Channel 9 is thinking of a comedy venture for Dale in the future, hence all good editing. Everytime the camera was on him it was a performance.

15 Smythe { 04.09.14 at 9:12 am }

Brad and Dale were not that funny to me. I did not appreciate the fart jokes and other slapstick or obnoxious behaviors.

This show is just as believable as My Kitchen Rules. 😉

16 brain dead dave { 04.09.14 at 9:51 am }

Brad and Dale, yep, just juvenile , boofhead humour.