Live Blog: The Block Finale – And The Winner Is…

Wow what a shock, Chantelle and Steve won The Block. Even Scott Cam exclaimed “The world’s gone mad!”. Their apartment with city views was the last of the four to go up for sale. This strategic decision paid off for them. Their reserve was $1,834,000 after the $16,000 they won in the house challenge was taken off and it sold for $2,470,000 a whopping profit of $636,000. Add in the $100,000 for winning and they get $736,000 in prize money.This should pay for the therapy for the crappy edit he received making him look like a doofus.

Also can someone find out what Keith thinks about this? Also it was amusing that all other teams tried to look pleased that they won. But you could see them thinking this must be the unworthiest winners ever and how the hell did they beat us. In this interview in the Daily MailΒ the other teams say they are happy for Chantelle and Steve, however Kyal and Kara thought their own reserve price was too high. How much money did they want to win?

In another article in the Daily Mail Steve and Chantelle say they now have time to be lovers.

However all of the teams were winners with all making huge profits. Ironically it was the teams that were the two biggest whingers this season who won the highest profit. Lysandra and Alisa coming selling for $2,375,000 getting a profit of $616,000. Then the Super K’s who were the second to sell sold for $2,440,000 making a profit of $567,250. And it was Brad and Dale who sold first which they wanted who came in fourth. They sold for $2,310,000 with a profit at $507,250.

There must have been some sore heads in Melbourne this morning.

Were you happy with the result?

LIVE BLOG BELOW:
The Block Finale is on tonight though it looks like a 7.40pm start as the Hey Dad cast on talking about Robert Hughes case.

Who will win? Is Dale going to emerge the winner of the series by getting an ongoing career on the small screen?

Kyal and Kara are going to open a design company and the twins already have.

OK just get ready for filler, ads and more filler before we eventually get to the auctions.

Whose apartment do you like the best?

7.42pm – Scott Cam claiming he was the one who found the Dux House building to renovate. “As soon as I saw it I knew I was onto a winner”.

7.43pm – Scott also said he “divided up the apartments and asked for a pool area on the bottom floors and then I left it all up to them”. The show’s architect probably just choked on his red wine.

7.53pm: In manufactured drama security guards in kevlar vests and wearing gun holsters pick up silver cannisters from a vault allegedly carrying the reserve price and delivered them to the The Block. In manufactured comedy Scott Cam stood on the other side of the small pool and got the guards to throw them to him. One fell into the pool and then he pushed the other three cannisters. Yep hilarious.

7.58pm: Is this some sneaky way of getting the girls back in bikini’s to retrieve them?

8.03pm – Reserve prices Alisa and Lysandra’s is $1,775,000, Chantelle and Steve’s is $1,850,000, Dale and Brad $1,830,000, and the Super K’s $1.9 million.

8.08pm: The city views are what is driving the higher reserve prices. The twins don’t have city views.

8.09pm: For once there is an agreement on the auction order so they did not have to draw for it. Dale and Brad first, Kyal and Kara’s second, Lysandra and Alisa’s is third and Chantelle and Steve are going last.

8.10pm: Quick preview of the auctions before an ad break makes it look like they are all winners.

8.15pm: Super K’s told that they are the ones the fans think who will win.

8.18pm: Dale and Brad are up Reserve Price is $1,802,750 once he money won from the house win is taken off.

8.20pm: First bid is $1.9 million and they are off and racing.

8.21 pm: Brad and Dale’s apartment has gone for $2,310,000 with a profit at $507,250. A new block record. They have to be hard to beat. Sophie was speechless. Why were all the girls looking they had been involved in a wrestling with a spray tan.

8.25pm: Super K’s are next their reserve is now $1,872,750 once their prize money is taken off. By the way there has not bee a lot of filler tonight which is a good thing.

8.40pm: The Super K’s hard work has paid off selling for a whopping $2,440,000 a record breaking profit of $567,250.

8.45pm: The twins are up and their reserve is $1,759,000. And they are off and racing.

8.47pm: Lysandra and Alisa have $2,375,000 a profit of $616,000. Well that should shut the twins up and stop them bitching about the producers.

8.55pm: Chantelle and Steven reserve was $1,834,000 and currently sitting on $2,440,000 then they go to an ad break. Could this pair the most unworthiest winners ever?

9.03pm: And we are back. Chantelle and Steve are the winners getting $2,470,000 with a profit of $636,000. This is hilarious. Scott Cam even said “The world has gone mad”. This means that they will take home $736,000. That should get them through couples therapy.

9.10pm: Chantelle and Steve walk back to join the others with the other teams pretending to look pleased for them through their shock.

A total of $2,426,500 was given away this season.

1 lebay { 04.10.14 at 6:15 am }

I was on team Brad and Dale, but anyone but the twins would have made me happy. It was funny, in my house there was loud cheering when Steve and Chantelle won (or the twins lost), but I could also hear the cheering from my neighbours house as well. At work this morning all the talk was about how S&C did not deserve it, and the office bully was very upset that the twins were ‘ripped off’. Bring on next season I say!

2 sunny { 04.10.14 at 7:40 am }

Shontelle (thanks Scott Cam) had a magnet on her head.
Weirdly, despite the fact I found her rather irritating, I am glad they won. I think it was largely luck of the draw, that bidder Frank just had to get something on The Block, he’s been at at least 2 other auctions. Probably working for some rich mastermind reality tv freak!
“Just get me an apartment on The Block you fool, or it’s off with your head”!

3 Maz { 04.10.14 at 8:47 am }

It’s still hard to fathom that SC won then again a few people were predicting it. (Hopefully their builder Luke benefits out of their win as well).

I think for the non-Victorian viewers it would help if the show did put a suburb in context. The suburb name Albert Park means nothing to me but if you were to nominate a wealthy inner suburb of Sydney then bidding on ‘meh’ real estate might mean more (and explain the win).

As for Chantelle’s headwear-as an advertisement for her trade, we don’t think it was a most advantageous piece as it was quite horrid.

Though I am starting to sense that Victorian style is quite different to rest of Australia. Hopefully, they will look at doing Blocks in other states to reflect regional difference.

Finally grasped what you meant about the pool. It is quite small relative to the space. Wonder what the strata would be on Dux House.

4 cam2 { 04.10.14 at 9:20 am }

@ danielle 40, what does replacement value mean?

5 Gabby { 04.10.14 at 9:27 am }

They were great auctions, I really enjoyed it.
I bet the twins were spewing. I thought they had it in the bag, so did they!
Who would have thought, the couple with the least designing talent would win?

6 Culinary Boner { 04.10.14 at 12:48 pm }

Does this mean that the world will now be deprived of Steve’s stand-up comedy talents? Say it aint so…

What’s a chimney sweep’s most common ailment? The flue.
*boom tish*

7 Sophie { 04.10.14 at 1:30 pm }

LOL at RR bragging that she wrote that Steve and Chantelle could win the The Block last week. Well, duh!! Any of the couples could have won, it’s not like you specifically picked them to win. I might have been impressed if you did that but otherwise – Yawn.

8 Reality Raver { 04.10.14 at 1:40 pm }

Hi Sophie, I think it is great that you are not being a passive observer about what is written in the media like what is on this blog and you are more then welcome to comment and give a different perspective. However I don’t want to be a nana but can you do it outside of school hours. Cheers.

9 Sophie { 04.10.14 at 5:01 pm }

You’re right, I should not be accessing this in school hours. It was definately unusual of me to. I cringed a bit when I read my previous comment, it was unnecessarily bitchy. I think I need to stay away from this blog. A lot of the comments/articles come across as aggressive/nasty/smug to me and after reading them for a while, I find myself answering in the same way after getting worked up.

10 Techhater { 04.10.14 at 7:01 pm }

Well, Desi and I stayed away from any 9 network channel and social media ALL day, so we could watch the auction encore this arvo.

And all I’ve got to say is “WELL DONE, the twins DIDN”T win” πŸ‘Ώ

11 Eliza { 04.11.14 at 12:52 am }

What the junk happened there?! I too stayed away from any media today on my travels home so I didn’t find out who won before getting the chance to watch. Stupid ch9 don’t let you watch their catch up videos O/S so I missed all if the house challenge and terrace reveals otherwise I think Foxtel IQ would have exploded.

I really think this year was a case of order winning the day. I can’t remember any other season where the profits got progressively higher. Like others have said, I think the buyers just wanted to get their hands on one of these places regardless of the interior design/styling. Albert park is a good spot just outside the CBD, on the way to StKilda if my memory serves me correctly as I often stay in St Kilda when I go to Melbourne so that’s how I have come across it. I too would like them to come back to Sydney though soon!

It’s still sinking in for me that S&C won.. The twins definitely thought they had it in the bag! Even though I didn’t want them to win, and B&D have already won a good amount from The Block already too, I still feel kind of disappointed with the result. Crazy that S&C have almost made as much in one block that Brad has made from two! The profits were crazy!

Not sure what was going on with Chantelle’s outfit either…

12 daisy { 04.11.14 at 1:12 am }

Eliza, welcome home. I hope you aren’t too sad that it’s over already. We take off Sat morning to Thailand. Not as exciting as Japan, but nice food, warm weather and water, so I’m happy.

13 Eliza { 04.11.14 at 1:26 am }

Thanks Daisy! Holidays always go way too quickly. I remember thinking in Hong Kong how time didn’t feel like it was flying.. Probably because you could do things so late into the night but once Japan hit, the time flew by!! I think Kyoto was my fav spot as you had the shopping but also the culture too. Tokyo was just so many shops which is bad for a shopaholic! Somehow my bag ended up under weight.. My handbag though.. Haha.. Was extremely heavy! We flew overnight last night so today has been a daze.

Thailand will be nice!! It’s been so rainy here in Sydney so I think the sun would be very nice and it would be a very relaxing place too! I’m are i’ll catch you again, but have a fun and safe trip!

14 daisy { 04.11.14 at 1:33 am }

Thanks. I’ll just be vegging. But it is alwaysover too quickly.
The weather here has still been really nice though. Probably not what the ducks and farmers want.
I bet you habpve lots of goodies from Japan. I gave my Grandaughters little Japanese silk bunnies every Easter for the past few years. Plus EEggs.

15 William Le { 04.11.14 at 1:46 am }

Note that the twins, by all accounts, were actually happy that the underdogs won. And so were the other teams.

16 Gabby { 04.11.14 at 9:24 am }

I read an article that the buyers of S & C’S apartment wanted that one because of the North facing aspect. Apparently it was the brightest and received the most sun.
They plan on doing a makeover they did not buy it for it’s “aesthetics”. Now there is a surprise!

I happen to think whichever apartment was sold last would have been the winner. That was just the way it was going to happen on the night.

I hope S&C aren’t under any illusions that they won because they had the best apartment. They probably are and now will go into the building and design business.
As long as she doesn’t rely on that hat to help with her milliner’s business, not a good look.

Welcome back Eliza, we have missed you.

17 Maz { 04.11.14 at 8:39 pm }
18 Jane { 04.12.14 at 3:35 pm }

I think Chantelles horrific outfit summed up her terrible sense of style. Goodluck to whoever bought S& C’s apartment but … you can’t polish a turd.

19 Gabby { 04.12.14 at 5:47 pm }

Thanks Maz for the link.
No it wasn’t the same article I read. The one I read was in the London Daily Mail. I will have to have a go at copying and pasting links.
Your link said a heap more than mine did but basically the same about the winning buyers.
I can’t wait for the next series. I’m glad we have two this year.

20 Michelle c { 04.12.14 at 8:43 pm }

Did you see the interview online from one of the twins – stating the boys were having lots of arguments towards the end & even involved Keith – nothing shown on the show – they made them look like angles

21 Gabby { 04.12.14 at 9:49 pm }

Michelle c I didn’t see the interview but I read about it. It’s a pity they can’t be fully honest with us viewers and show us the full picture of what is really going on.
That would have made good viewing if the boys had had arguments with Keith and we had been privy to them, instead of making them out to be the goody two shoe clowns of the series.

22 Eliza { 04.14.14 at 2:04 am }

I read about the boys having arguments too.. Interesting..

I was catching up on some eps of Selling Houses Australia today and I was shocked by an element of Shaynna’s styling! Somebody should alert the twins of this ASAP.. In one of the bedrooms of one of the houses they did up, Shaynna put a large artwork behind the bed a la the twin’s 2nd bedroom where they copped heaps of slack for the impracticality of then not being able to lean up against the wall. I was so shocked I had to rewind and pause to see how this could be so! Haha don’t want to ignite another rampage of how much Shaynna hates them.

23 Peter A { 04.14.14 at 6:49 am }

Does anyone know if there was any car spaces and how many per apartment ?

24 Smythe { 04.14.14 at 7:13 am }

Gabby, of course they are not going to show B & D arguing. They are the good guys and the clowns. They edited the program to type the teams: the clowns/good guys, the super team, the evil bitches and the lazy and weird. They can’t have two bitchy arguing teams. They can’t show that the contestants have multi-faceted personalities like most “normal” people, can they? πŸ˜‰

25 Gabby { 04.14.14 at 7:59 pm }

Smythe sorry you are right, I forgot we were being shown the teams precisely the way they wanted them portrayed, full of shite, which stinks, literally.

It’s a shame, when reality TV first started we were supposedly seeing the real thing warts and all and now it is so far from the truth, we just don’t know what to believe any more.