Big Brother Australia Now Casting And Looking For The Over 30’s

finale big brother

Even though the last season of Big Brother Australia was one of the most entertaining yet there was a lack of people over thirty on the show.

With casting currently occurring for new housemates Sonia Kruger revealed to the Daily Mail that they are casting people over the age of thirty.

She told the Mail Online:

‘We’re unashamedly going for the over 30s,’ Kruger told MailOnline, speaking at the Strictly Ballroom The Musical premiere in Sydney on Saturday.

‘Really interesting personalities are the ones that the Australian public likes to watch – layers, life experience, and all that sort of stuff.’

‘The under 30s will always turn up to audition but the over 30s not so much – they’re busy or they’ve got kids.’

Will thirty somethings bring it in terms of entertainment? I think so if there is a group of them. It is hard for the mum with the two kids hanging out with kissing 20 somethings. One issue for the parents who go on the show they don’t want to embarrass their kids which to be frank good behaviour does not drive plot lines.

The auditions for  Big Brother are currently occurring around the country go here for full details.

Last year’s winner Tim Dormer continues with his quest to get his media career going revealing to The Telegraph he in talks with a production company to do a reality show with Ben Zabel. Not sure what it is about but it will probably contain Tim being wild and crazy. Considering he was prepared to drink his own urine for a dare and uploaded it on You Tube maybe he should host Fear Factor or Pranked.

1 brain dead dave { 04.14.14 at 11:33 am }

Tim was interesting and funny in the house, however ,I’m hard pressed to name a single Big Brother contestant who has gone on to do anything of real lasting significance in the media/entertainment business.

The producers said last year they wanted to cast older people. Do they really mean it? It’s Ch 9 ~ we’ll get a bunch of garden variety whiteys as usual….a la The Block and Love Comes To Town.

2 Reality Raver { 04.14.14 at 11:46 am }

Chrissie’s Swan, Fitzy, Ben who won is working on scoopla. Nathan is working on Nova and Blair is now on house husbands. Mikkayla scored a radio job.

3 brain dead dave { 04.14.14 at 11:51 am }

Yes,granted ,RR . We have different understandings of “real lasting significance”.

I agree that a group of older contestants in the house would be very interesting.

4 Carol (without the e) { 04.15.14 at 11:14 am }

I love Chrissy Swan. Her series was the best for me. Seeing her go into battle with Ben in the kitchen was GOLD. The guy was a prick and she really stood up to him. I have enjoyed watching the younger ones… but much prefer sassy 30 somethings as it gives the show so much more depth.

5 daisy { 04.15.14 at 11:32 am }

Top two Fryzee and Tim. I also enjoyed Reggie, cheeky, bratty Bridgette and Tahan.
Worst as far as I can recall, Ben and Michael, dirty Carlos.
Meanest gigolos: Cherry and Michael hitting on Estelle for public votes.
Most annoying; henpecking Turkan.
Most bullied; Estelle.
There were a couple of incredibly socially awkward gitls. I think one might have been called Camilla and there was a blond one I felt sorry for because she had no social skills and couldn’t understand why no one liked her.
Enteraining without being likeable; mikkayla. Very entertaining but annoying with her jealousy and wanting to eat everything in sight but look tiny.

All time worst Michael, then Ben Norris.
Roll on next season. I can’t wait.

I also would like to see the ages range between about 22- 70. It would be funny to see the the younger ones enthralled by Grandads/Grandmas medicine bag and incontinence pants.

6 Andrea { 04.15.14 at 11:33 am }

I completely agree Carol, that series was the best ever. That battle with Ben was great to watch, I couldn’t get enough of it.
Reggie was good too, these are the types of people I really want to see, not the young model types, or media hungry people.

Also loved season four with Paul, and Merlin with his mouth taped’ free th refugees,’ priceless!

7 Gidgitvonlarue { 04.17.14 at 11:48 am }

In other words they are looking for ONE person around the age of 30 – then the rest all in their 20’s.

8 Georgie { 04.17.14 at 11:56 am }

Recruiting one token older person means the younger ones vote the ‘alien’ out at the first elimination anyway, so what’s the point. Try 50/50 under 30’s and over 30’s – if you can find that many older ones stupid enough to contemplate this mind numbing exercise to start with.